Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Not really, no. Guess they all want him impeached maybe.

Was on here all day yesterday saying it was clear what he meant, that he accepted Russia had meddled and that people were aligning him with a view that he never articulated. Unless that is, you took him out of context and ignored the rest of his comments about how he trusted his intel. I was accused of "resorting to extreme literalism" for expressing those views. The irony, eh, given that liberals want Trump done for treason for merely being inarticulate.

If you're correct about Don accepting that Russia had meddled, wasn't it the correct time and place for Don to ask Vlad to take action against the Russians who had done the meddling? Looking back at what both Don and Vlad said about the meddling, they seemed happy to tell the world it was NOT the Russian Govt who done it. Don seemed very happy to take Vlad at his word, which gave him the perfect opportunity to ask Vlad to get his people to officially investigate the meddling.

I'm assuming that it was during the private meeting that Vlad told Don it was not his Govt doing the meddling cos Vlad didn't say that to Don during the conference. That would have been a coup for Don to reveal that Vlad had told him his people were going after the meddlers.

What did Don do except say that his Int people weren't as good as Vlad when it came to letting him know who was behind the meddling, despite peculiarly enough Vlad and the US Int people agreeing that it was Russian behind the meddling - Vlad's public offer at the conference "send Mueller and his team here and we'll work with them on interviewing the Russian meddlers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Just like to apologise for snowflake comment this morning and to mods for being a handful had a rough morning and day its easy to let your emotions in real life transfer into your commenting at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

##Mod Snip##

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Interesting to see some of the WH Press, cooperate to push back a SHS. Not allowing to bluster and move on without addressing a follow up question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ABC news are reporting that the White House are clarifying the "no" answer that Trump gave earlier. They are saying the No was in response to whether he would answer questions, not that he taught the Russians were no longer targeting the U.S.

It must be a really stressful gig to be in the WH communications dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He actually discussed handing over Browder and McFaul, the 2 instrumental in the Magnitsky Act.

Jesus Christ!

The Legislature need to get their finger out and hold hearings into exactly what was said in that meeting.

everlast75 wrote: »
    He actually discussed handing over Browder and McFaul, the 2 instrumental in the Magnitsky Act.

Jesus Christ!

The Legislature need to get their finger out and hold hearings into exactly what was said in that meeting.

Handing them over to where ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Handing them over to where ?

Russia. Sanders would not rule out the US assisting Putin in prosecuting them

Russia. Sanders would not rule out the US assisting Putin in prosecuting them

Ah Jesus H Christ, he needs to be stopped. As you say Congress needs to grow a set and reassert the fact that the Congress is a Co-Equal branch of the United States government. This is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,738 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

ABC news are reporting that the White House are clarifying the "no" answer that Trump gave earlier. They are saying the No was in response to whether he would answer questions, not that he taught the Russians were no longer targeting the U.S.

It must be a really stressful gig to be in the WH communications dept.
    It’s beyond surreal at this stage

• Advertisement

It’s beyond surreal at this stage

It's ruined the TV U.S president shows forever as anything done after Trump will be considered not real enough.

Ah Jesus H Christ, he needs to be stopped. As you say Congress needs to grow a set and reassert the fact that the Congress is a Co-Equal branch of the United States government. This is nuts.

Magnitsky died following solitary confinement, starvation and torture for standing up to and exposing Putin's corruption.

If people don't know who he is, or Bill Browder do your research.

This is absolutely disgraceful stuff.

Magnitsky died following solitary confinement, starvation and torture for standing up to and exposing Putin's corruption.

If people don't know who he is, or Bill Browder do your research.

This is absolutely disgraceful stuff.

I've a kind of a cheat sheet knowledge of it and Bill Browder is being tagged in tweets left , right and Centre on Twitter.

And Trump also said earlier that no President has been as tough on Russia as he is. I mean the guy knows people can check this stuff and we can also hear him cant he ?

Apparently former U.S Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul is on Putin's list.

I've a kind of a cheat sheet knowledge of it and Bill Browder is being tagged in tweets left , right and Centre on Twitter.

And Trump also said earlier that no President has been as tough on Russia as he is. I mean the guy knows people can check this stuff and we can also hear him cant he ?

I mentioned above.. check out

http://www.wnycstudios.org/story/death-sergei-magnitsky-bill-browder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Also Christopher Steele. If anyone has doubts about the accuracy of the Steele dossier, they should be dispelled by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Putins goals becoming more apparent after Trump's interview with Tucker Carlson where they discussed why the US or NATO should come to the defence of Montenegro, a primary target of Russia, in the case of hostilities. Trump describing the tiny nation as both strong and aggressive with the potential to start WW3.

4.58 for the conversation

I think we see what was discussed in their 2 hour meeting alone, that fool wouldn't be able to point to Montenegro on a map and he suddenly comes out with that?

Putin obviously doesn't want his, sphere of influence impinged on by the EU or Nato. Trump has given him that now explicitly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RIGOLO wrote: »
    And as we all know he/she who raises the most money does not win the election. 
    HRC raised 1.2 billion and Trump approx 600 million, yet she still lost. 
    Democrats seem to be happy to throw their money after the money they already lost on HRC, sounds like something the left would do. The money in this instance is a sign of desperation , no policy no hope lets just throw some money at it.
    You got one thing right, 2010 was a wave, a RED wave and that wave is still rolling. THe money came cos they new they could usurp the house and Senate.
    And if you believe this  "All good. Flip the House now, impeach in January. And there'll be neverTrumpers in the Senate next year.
    [/fnt]
    Then I can only think of one response, its a response an anti-Trumper posted on this site and they didnt get hauled up over it so Im safe to say I can use the same phrase...if you believe that Ive got a bridge Id like to sell you. 
      [siz=2]
    [*]
    [/sie]
    Still struggling with Boards formatting I see, were you given a piece of software that lets you post on multiple bulletin boards at once or something? Why do random sentences in your posts need to go through 5-6 different font styles and size changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Appeals court has ruled against Trumps ban on transgender people in the military. Just a hopeful reminder that the system is, for now at least, robust enough to survive Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd never get too certain of anything any of the courts do when he is stacking the Supreme Court in his favour. His only real achievement of note, a somewhat underrated one and one of huge importance.

Stacking the court to a hard conservative state for possibly decades to come.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I'm not sure if this's been covered here earlier. RTE midnight news reported that Don said he told Vlad that he holds him personally responsible for the Russian meddling in the US elections. Now if that is correct and there are no grammar mistakes, that is one hell of a step-back and seems to be an end to overt détente with Russia.

I guarantee he did not tell Vlad that. Occam's razor and all that, it simply did not go down like that.

Rte coverage has been pretty shambolic in general but who did Trump supposedly say this to?

I see nothing about it from my quick Google, just the usual Twitter rants and lies. Only one I saw referencing Putin was a tweet whining that people hate on him for getting along with putin.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It seems that it was on a CBS interview BUT there is a grammar variation between RTE's midnight newsreaders announcement and the PRINTED wording in the interview. RTE might have been taking two parts of it and conflating them to mean Don told Vlad "I hold you personally responsible for the meddling. It might be a misinterpretation in transmission.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0718/979650-trump-putin/

Trump is having more trouble with his explanations. No one believes he didn't answer the question when he said NO to a CBS reporter. Now trying to deny it.

I think they may have broke Anderson Cooper :)

I see they do have Trump now saying he was the tough guy again, two days later making up more stories..... It simply doesn't wash I'm afraid Donald.

Not that it matters to a vocal section who don't care about the truth of course, another day another dollar.

Of course it will be amusing to watch the ones who said he was right not to antagonise and look to build better relationship by focusing on the future and forgetting the past now flip 180 and peddle the lie that he was tough with putin magically behind closed doors and how that was the right thing to do.

The whole he didn't answer the question he clearly answered is just more of the same tripe from the WH.

At some point surely Sanders is just gonna break into hysterical laughter at the podium at the absurdity of the **** she must peddle for this chancer

I assume we are all on board the Mueller investigation train too now that Trump does believe the Russian hacking and he will be giving it his full support, interviewing and stopping his attacks on the investigation...

I mean if you listen to Trump he says he always wanted to do an interview, if only he had some control over whether he could make himself available! Damn Democrats stopping him no doubt

Thargor wrote: »
    I think we see what was discussed in their 2 hour meeting alone, that fool wouldn't be able to point to Montenegro on a map and he suddenly comes out with that?

Montenegro is part of NATO, voted in overwhelmingly.

You might recall at the last NATO meeting, the Pres of Montenegro was the one Trump pushed out of the way and then stuck or his chest.

Montenegro is currently in Afghanistan aiding US efforts after 9/11.

You can bet Montenegro was discussed at the meeting.

You can bet Montenegro is and has been a target for Putin for some time.

You can guess that Trump has a problem with that country, not only because Putin told him to, but probably because it has the word Negro in it.

NYT running a story claiming trump knew "before his inauguration" that Putin was meddling with the election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html#click=https://t.co/a5fImaNx7c

4 things:

1)If this is true, trump has knowingly lied to the world from the start about Russian interference
    2)this gives extra credibility to Russia betting the reason he fired Comey
    3)he knows that the Mueller investigation is not a witch hunt, yet repeatedly lied
    4)the source was supposedly a CIA operative working close to Putin. Its a relatively safe bet that Trump gave up the identity of that Agent in Helsinki.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd never get too certain of anything any of the courts do when he is stacking the Supreme Court in his favour. His only real achievement of note, a somewhat underrated one and one of huge importance.

Stacking the court to a hard conservative state for possibly decades to come.
    Wouldn't give him any credit for that as it's just a twist of fate that a bunch of judges happen to retire or die during his term. Trump hasn’t done anything to make it happen, at least I hope not.

It's not an achievement to fill some job vacancies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

listermint wrote: »
    Im questioning your credibility, Just like i do with Trump. Youve pretended to be up for Potus and acting like he was yours, i,e you are in the US. youve claimed to be a pick up driving bumper sticker loving republican. Yes youve never mentioned any pickups on the motoring forum, Believe me im in there enough.

So im struggling to put 2 and 2 together on the credibility scale.

Perhaps we should do an ambrosia test over on the motoring forum. 2 pickups and bumper stickers.
    This is completely unnecessary.
    I've never claimed to be based in the US. I do have a history of owning US vehicles.
    I have mentioned them in the motoring forum.
    I've sold them, and bought an Ioniq. I have been posting mostly in the EV forum now. I also spoke with the cmod Unkel at the lucan fast charge point in my Ioniq... and funnily enough he remembered my posting history of the pickups etc.
    I also met a couple of other regulars from the motors forum a couple of times in real life and they have been in at least one of my pickups.
    I'm not calling out posters on the thread (figure a cmod was ok) but feel free to PM me.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What do you want them to add?

You have basically just admitted that your position is based on nothing but your own opinion, yet you feel that people need to debate it with you?

Your opinion doesn't even stand up against the facts that we do now, so you have invented some others to fit your view and then wonder why others feel it pointless to discuss?

You have been asked a number of time already but failed to anwser.

You told him to change his mind? And by saying that he was told what to say, you are saying that he still doesn't actually believe it and as such lied yesterday in the press conference.

What have I failed to answer?
    This is a common line wheeled out when there are multitudes of posters on one side and only one or two on the other. It's impossible to reply to everything when every one reply sent gets at least 3-5 posts back

Simple.
    Total spoofer with the mental maturity of a 13 year old.

That's completely unnecessary.
    I've emboldened the three personal insults contained within this post and highlighted them to the moderation team.
    Lets see now if liberals are truly given mod actions the same way that I and others on the right are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement