Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The Donald is a draft dodger and a narcissistic bully who has 15 accusations of sexual assault against him. Politically, he has thrown multiple associates under the bus to protect himself. His 'policies' change with the wind. So he is a physical and moral coward. There is zero chance of him ever doing anything other than saving his own skin.
    Not to mention that he's terrified of blood. Story doing the rounds is he one time refused to help an old man who fell and hit his head at his Mar-a-Lago resort. He was more worried about his marble floor being stained with blood than a seriously injured man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Not to mention that he's terrified of blood. Story doing the rounds is he one time refused to help an old man who fell and hit his head at his Mar-a-Lago resort. He was more worried about his marble floor being stained with blood than a seriously injured man.

That would be a defining description of a true Narcissist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,033 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I heard the next day he was telling people that he could have performed brain surgery on the old man if he'd needed it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That would be a defining description of a true Narcissist.
    Penn wrote: »
    I heard the next day he was telling people that he could have performed brain surgery on the old man if he'd needed it.

**Mod Note**

Let's keep it on topic , no more of the "I heard a story from a guy" stuff please...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Trump talking about the man falling in Mar a lago. So often it's a case of trumps word again st himself.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/02/27/donald-trump-howard-stern-mar-a-lago-incident-2008-sot-ctn.cnn

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Please leave us out of your roaring dumpster fire, Donald.

https://twitter.com/newstalkfm/status/968915076114722816

WEird. He gave a speech praising other people. Doesn’t seem to have mentioned himself once.

Actually. She’s not wrong if you think about it in the Irish American context. They still are mostly the blue collar lower socioeconomic and blindly ignorant of anything other than they’re Irish American. I prefer to just call them Americans but tribalism in the US is at the very heart of all its problems.

https://twitter.com/erinmcgathy/status/968927859371847680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Awwwwww fekkkkkkkkkkk. Listening to DT chairing a bi-partisan gun control meeting ... and, for once, he's sounding genuinely presidential, and like he's finally setting out to make a deal that he really believes in. He's even gone so far as to say (in front of the cameras) that the NRA are going to have put up and shut up on some aspects this matter. :eek:

Have an awful feeling he'll be remembered as the president who brought the US to it senses regarding gun ownership. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Breaking reports of an armed teacher barricaded himself in a classroom and shots fired. Dalton high school Georgia. Didn't take long

Edit he's been taken into custody no one shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Awwwwww fekkkkkkkkkkk. Listening to DT chairing a bi-partisan gun control meeting ... and, for once, he's sounding genuinely presidential, and like he's finally setting out to make a deal that he really believes in. He's even gone so far as to say (in front of the cameras) that the NRA are going to have put up and shut up on some aspects this matter. :eek:

Have an awful feeling he'll be remembered as the president who brought the US to it senses regarding gun ownership. :(

Was impressed that he called out the two on the prospect of raising the age of rifle purchases. That they were afraid of the NRA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

20Cent wrote: »
    Breaking reports of an armed teacher barricaded himself in a classroom and shots fired. Dalton high school Georgia. Didn't take long

http://abc7chicago.com/teacher-in-custody-after-report-of-shots-fired-at-georgia-high-school/3154373/

One kid injured, twisted ankle while running during evacuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hope hicks is resigning from the trump administration.

Can the last person out the door turn off the light. As US administrations go this is an utter dumpster fire.

It appears she testified to a US house panel yesterday and donie probably didn't like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,920 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

20Cent wrote: »

And they want to give more guns to teachers!!!

Hope Hicks has resigned. Nothing to do with her testimony to the congressional hearing according to Sarah Sanders. No siree bob.

Interesting that The Donald chose a 27 year old former model as his communications director. I guess she had a lot of education and experience.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Hope hicks is resigning from the trump administration.

Can the last person out the door turn off the light. As US administrations go this is an utter dumpster fire.

It appears she testified to a US house panel yesterday and donie probably didn't like that.

I thought she'd blanked them for virtually all the questions ,claiming Presidential privilege or something ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    **Mod Note**

Let's keep it on topic , no more of the "I heard a story from a guy" stuff please...

Thanks
    Apologies, it was part of his interviews with Howard Stern.

Hope Hicks has resigned. Nothing to do with her testimony to the congressional hearing according to Sarah Sanders. No siree bob.

Interesting that The Donald chose a 27 year old former model as his communications director. I guess she had a lot of education and experience.

Another event that has come to pass which was in F&F... Bannon knew last year she was in deep trouble

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/steve-bannon-hope-hicks-ivanka-trump-know-what-you-are-doing/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

everlast75 wrote: »
    Another event that has come to pass which was in F&F... Bannon knew last year she was in deep trouble

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/steve-bannon-hope-hicks-ivanka-trump-know-what-you-are-doing/amp/

Bannon, unlike the rest, seems to be a smart guy. Not genius smart, just not retarded like the rest.

As for replacements, I hope they bring back the Mooch. He was my favourite charming, coked up bullshítter of the lot.

• Advertisement

Bannon, unlike the rest, seems to be a smart guy. Not genius smart, just not retarded like the rest.

As for replacements, I hope they bring back the Mooch. He was my favourite charming, coked up bullshítter of the lot.

Hicks lasted 40.4 scaramucci's btw...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

And they want to give more guns to teachers!!!

They didn't let him have that one either. He had no more authority or approval from the administration to bring that firearm onto campus than Cruz did.

But prohibitions, and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Hicks lasted 40.4 scaramucci's btw...

*adjusts glasses*

I think you'll find that the unit of time that you're trying to describe is actually called a "mooch". 40.4 mooches.

*guffaws smugly*

They didn't let him have that one either. He had no more authority or approval from the administration to bring that firearm onto campus than Cruz did.

But prohibitions, and all that...

You're missing the point, intentionally or not - I don't know.

Teachers are just like everyone else. Giving them guns when there are children around "can" go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I thought she'd blanked them for virtually all the questions ,claiming Presidential privilege or something ?

I think she just answered pre-approved questions and nothing outside of that.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I think she just answered pre-approved questions and nothing outside of that.

Of course, now that she is no longer in thrall to The Donald, she may feel freer to be more forthcoming. In the long term, it really doesn't pay to refuse to answer questions at a congressional hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I hate Trump probably more than anyone, but hopefully he realises soon that he has a chance now to make a real difference for future generations when it comes to the gun control issue. Hopefully he sticks to some of the things he said earlier today about this.

According to the media, Hope has admitted to having told "a few small lies" on behalf of Don. Now if she did admit to that on the record at the cogress hearing, nothing said on behalf of the Admin at the daily White House media briefing can get past that without lying in public.

It seem's a legal defence fund is being set up to help the legal costs of Trump aides has yet to answer key questions regarding how it will vet donors and provide transparency about the contributors who finance the effort.

Don has said at a meeting with lawmakers that he will take unilateral action, through executive order, to bar bump stocks and asked the congress to sed him one "terrific" bill aimed at reducing gun violence.

If even one of the three above is true, the media will follow the paper trail to see where it goes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

It seems Trump is getting his military parade. However, in this case, it makes sense: The Pentagon has stated it has received instruction to parade on 11 Nov 18, veterans day and the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1.

In the meantime, ICE director and Oakland mayor are having a war of words. Mayor warned the locals of ICE raids just before they happened.

• Advertisement

It seems Trump is getting his military parade. However, in this case, it makes sense: The Pentagon has stated it has received instruction to parade on 11 Nov 18, veterans day and the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1.

In the meantime, ICE director and Oakland mayor are having a war of words. Mayor warned the locals of ICE raids just before they happened.

Sensible resolution on parade. The guest list of dignitaries from friendly countries & present allies will need diplomacy. Read about the Oakland snag. Does it involve a breaking of federal law V a city council policy on it's sanctuary policy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement