Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

And it is funnier still considering that Kelsey Grammer is a Trump voting Republican.

Really!? That’s as bad as when I heard Jason Lee was a Scientologist!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And it is funnier still considering that Kelsey Grammer is a Trump voting Republican.

What ? Ah balls to that. I think Kelsey grammar is a brilliant actor but feck it that's a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

frag420 wrote: »
    Really!? That’s as bad as when I heard Jason Lee was a Scientologist!!
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What ? Ah balls to that. I think Kelsey grammar is a brilliant actor but feck it that's a surprise.

I know, I know. Let us just pretend that Fraiser was the real person and Grammer is the weird fictional character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I know, I know. Let us just pretend that Fraiser was the real person and Grammer is the weird fictional character.

Works for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

https://www.ft.com/content/affbf078-1f6e-11e8-a895-1ba1f72c2c11

As many predicted, the tax plan looks set to deliver significantly more to investors & companies, via Dividends & Stock Buybacks than will be delivered to average joe worker

At the time Mnuchin said that 70% of the benefit delivered to companies would get to the workers.

Buybacks & Dividend increases are set to outstrip Capital Expenditure, R&D & Wage Bills.

Goldman Sachs predicting 23% increase in Buybacks
    JP Morgan predicting it could be as high as a 50% increase

That's combined with an expected increase in dividends of 12%

That's against a predicted 11% Capital Expenditure increase, 10% R&D spend increase & 6% increase in spend on workers (numbers from various sources in the article)

So, Mnuchin's numbers, which anyone with a brain knew were bull, appear to be getting shown for what they are.

I know you can argue that workers are still going to see around a 6% benefit, but it does appear to be small-fry in relative terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

https://www.ft.com/content/affbf078-1f6e-11e8-a895-1ba1f72c2c11

As many predicted, the tax plan looks set to deliver significantly more to investors & companies, via Dividends & Stock Buybacks than will be delivered to average joe worker

At the time Mnuchin said that 70% of the benefit delivered to companies would get to the workers.

Buybacks & Dividend increases are set to outstrip Capital Expenditure, R&D & Wage Bills.

Goldman Sachs predicting 23% increase in Buybacks
    JP Morgan predicting it could be as high as a 50% increase

That's combined with an expected increase in dividends of 12%

That's against a predicted 11% Capital Expenditure increase, 10% R&D spend increase & 6% increase in spend on workers (numbers from various sources in the article)

So, Mnuchin's numbers, which anyone with a brain knew were bull, appear to be getting shown for what they are.

I know you can argue that workers are still going to see around a 6% benefit, but it does appear to be small-fry in relative terms

He getting great feedback for his plan also....:rolleyes: but he doesn't want you to see it though. He got heckled and booed in UCLA from students and they even had a couple dressed up as the king of France and Marie Antoinette handing out cake

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/01/treasury-secretary-tells-ucla-it-cant-show-footage-of-his-event.html

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The most recent tweet which includes the phrases 'Canada must treat our farmers much better' and 'Mexico must do much more on stopping drugs from pouring into the U.S.' shows very clearly his lack of understanding of the roles of President and government.

It is not Canada's or Mexico's responsibility to do either of these things, it is his to ensure that actions, protections, deals and agreements are made with (or against) other countries. He is so totally USA-centric he does not have the faintest idea that America is not the centre of the world and no-one else has any responsibility for or to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

looksee wrote: »
    The most recent tweet which includes the phrases 'Canada must treat our farmers much better' and 'Mexico must do much more on stopping drugs from pouring into the U.S.' shows very clearly his lack of understanding of the roles of President and government.

It is not Canada's or Mexico's responsibility to do either of these things, it is his to ensure that actions, protections, deals and agreements are made with (or against) other countries. He is so totally USA-centric he does not have the faintest idea that America is not the centre of the world and no-one else has any responsibility for or to it.

It follows a very clear pattern. He continually sends out tweets pleading that someone do something about the FBI. Sessions, Mexico, crime, trade agreements or whatever.

And you know what it works. Read the responses to the tweets and you get lots of "finally a man asking the right questions", or "yeah, time for DC to finally do the right thing" of the likes.

Totally missing the point that he is DC. He has the power.

I do wonder, though, how that will play out for 2020. I am sure he will try to amend the "Drain the Swamp" line to a more FF like "Much done, more to do", but I'm not sure that will carry much weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/970650759091163137

Quite a bit of hyperbole. Still suppose it is an improvement, that he mentions Russian meddling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quite a bit of hyperbole. Still suppose it is an improvement, that he mentions Russian meddling.

He is absolutely OBSESSED with Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Its an odd tweet. I would certainly be of the opinion that Obama, in what I can only assume was an attempt to stay out of the election and not taking Trump seriously, dropped the ball in relation to Russia and Trump prior to the election.

And to claim that there was no wrongdoing, when two of his main guys are currently under charge, Trump Jr has admitted to attempted collusion, Stone has admitted to contacts with Wikileaks is a stretch even from Trump.

But his continued call that there is nothing to see only serves, IMO, to ensure that the story stays front and centre.

I am increasingly starting to think that genuinely Trump does not believe that he did anything wrong. Whether that is due to the fact he knew nothing or simply does not consider anything that was done as illegal is still open to question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mentions it? He seems to accept it!

And as for Obama doing nothing about their meddling, it was investigated.. and he imposed 2 rounds of sanctions. Sanctions which Flynn later was caught discussing with the Russia ambassador with the promise to lift them.

DT has blamed everyone else, apart from Russia of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I am increasingly starting to think that genuinely Trump does not believe that he did anything wrong..

Well, of course, Trump believes that he never, ever did anything wrong, ever.

If he did it, it was right by definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

God Almighty. Obama did nothing. Right. Apart from the sanctions that Flynn promised to rescind.

Trumps refusal to even accept that there was interference and the fact the he, himself, is currently doing nothing to stop it amounts to wilful dereliction of duty. It's treasonous. And if the moist-eyed patriots in the Republican party cared one iota for the constitution they invoke daily, they'd be firing Trump into the Potomac from a cannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I just saw this video clip amongst a batch on facebook and, though it's near 2 months old now, it's a pretty powerful condemnation by a Republican Senator of President Trump for twisting the truth by outright lying to his fellow US citizens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Mnv3WcQPk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

jooksavage wrote: »
    God Almighty. Obama did nothing. Right. Apart from the sanctions that Flynn promised to rescind.

Trumps refusal to even accept that there was interference and the fact the he, himself, is currently doing nothing to stop it amounts to wilful dereliction of duty. It's treasonous. And if the moist-eyed patriots in the Republican party cared one iota for the constitution they invoke daily, they'd be firing Trump into the Potomac from a cannon.

And the sanctions that the congress passed with a massive majority and Trump himself REFUSES to sign....

And the NSA has not had an instruction to push back against Russian meddling for 2018 midterms...

And the Dept of State has spent $0 dollars out of an allocated $120 million to counter Russian Cyber warfare. The relavent sub department does not even have one Russian speaker for crying out loud....
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/world/europe/state-department-russia-global-engagement-center.html

And...and a huge and.....it was revealed today in this brilliant New Yorker piece that Steele wrote another memo.
    One subject that Steele is believed to have discussed with Mueller’s investigators is a memo that he wrote in late November, 2016, after his contract with Fusion had ended. This memo, which did not surface publicly with the others, is shorter than the rest, and is based on one source, described as “a senior Russian official.” The official said that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what he’d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump’s initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney. (During Romney’s run for the White House in 2012, he was notably hawkish on Russia, calling it the single greatest threat to the U.S.) The memo said that the Kremlin, through unspecified channels, had asked Trump to appoint someone who would be prepared to lift Ukraine-related sanctions, and who would coöperate on security issues of interest to Russia, such as the conflict in Syria. If what the source heard was true, then a foreign power was exercising pivotal influence over U.S. foreign policy—and an incoming President.

Romney is supposedly running for the Senate so I suspect he will have to run the gauntlet of the press for a sustained amount of time.

I wonder would Romney have the guts to stick it to trump, considering how much DT humiliated him shortly after DT was sworn in (that pitiful dinner pic for example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yeah imagine Romney will take up position as one of the anti Trump Republican senators. Considering quite a few of them are retiring or trying for different positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭eire4

aloyisious wrote: »
    I just saw this video clip amongst a batch on facebook and, though it's near 2 months old now, it's a pretty powerful condemnation by a Republican Senator of President Trump for twisting the truth by outright lying to his fellow US citizens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Mnv3WcQPk

Your description of the clip is completely accurate and so is what Flake says in his speach. However the guys is full of it as he voted in favour of the tax give away to the rich they passed in December and when it came right down to it voted with Trump most of the time over the past year. So when I see a speach like that I think hmmm actions speak louder then words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If anyone wants some light entertainment, here's Sam Nunberg, possibly drunk, losing it on Katy Tur's show. He revealed that he was the guy who's emails were subpoenaed and has been interviewed by Mueller. In the video he strikes a defiant tone as he states that he'll refuse go to the grand jury on friday. It's worth it.

• Advertisement

And now he's on CNN unloading on Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

Not watched it yet but I can just tell, if this guy has actually been subpoenaed, then he's gonna win a very stupid prize because that's one stupid game he's playing.

I wonder if the Administration caught wind that he was getting off the rails, hence Trump's tweet about Obama earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If anyone wants some light entertainment, here's Sam Nunberg, possibly drunk, losing it on Katy Tur's show. He revealed that he was the guy who's emails were subpoenaed and has been interviewed by Mueller. In the video he strikes a defiant tone as he states that he'll refuse go to the grand jury on friday. It's worth it.

Doesn't sound like someone you'd want to go for a pint with.

Two thirds of the way in now. He said he did this against the strong advice of his lawyer and earlier he said expects his lawyers to dump him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

And now he's on CNN unloading on Trump.

Jaysus. This is even worse. He called Trump an idiot. TBF, he sounds as if he might be on medication.

Edit: Having listened further, this is jaw-dropping stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Two thirds of the way in now. He said he did this against the strong advice of his lawyer and earlier he said expects his lawyers to dump him

Was it me or did he sound like he had a few?

Hard to say. Beer, Columbian marching powder, pharmaceuticals, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The false lies invented that Russia interfered in the US election is very similar to the lies about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Given our controllers use of the mainstream media to control the masses, it's very easy to see why the average Joe believes everything their told.

Between the constant anti Russian propaganda in the western media, the lack of critical analysis of the information we're fed by the media, a debt based financial system that has the US dollar as the only reserve currency which is nearing the end of it's life cycle and now a war against free independent media, the future does not look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

He always sounds like that, he's a regular on MSNBC, strikes me as a bit simple.

He also said early in the interview that he had not gone through any his emails. Later he says that he did start to go through them and that's when he realised how long it would take and therefore made the decision not to cooperate

• Advertisement

The false lies invented that Russia interfered in the US election is very similar to the lies about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Given our controllers use of the mainstream media to control the masses, it's very easy to see why the average Joe believes everything their told.

Between the constant anti Russian propaganda in the western media, the lack of critical analysis of the information we're fed by the media, a debt based financial system that has the US dollar as the only reserve currency which is nearing the end of it's life cycle and now a war against free independent media, the future does not look good.

Tell me more about the gold standard, rothschilds, soros, flouride, chemtrails, Seth Rich and Sandy Hook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement