Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

everlast75 wrote: »
    Fox news take? CNN are morally bankrupt in allowing him on Air and taking advantage of him!!

The guy is clearly the type of imbecile with which Trump associates.

Don't worry about what Fox News says.

Clown show. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

swift18 wrote: »
    don't worry
    as you showed no mercy to white christian males during your 8 year reign of obama-terror
    neither will we give any quarter

Sshh, the grownups are talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Apparently he has now said he would cooperate fully....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Lot of rumours around especially about a particular fetish. My own view is that they probably do have stuff of a sexual nature and that they have stuff of a financial nature.if 'Christans' voted for him after his ' Grab 'em' remark then they'll vote for him again. Unless the videos surface of course.

The born again he will vote and buy the bootleg video. They are vile people.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Troll banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Apparently he has now said he would cooperate fully....

No doubt after his attorney broke down his apartment door and poured a gallon of strong coffee down his throat.

And pointed out that 80 hours going through emails is more pleasant than 18 months in jail..

swift18 wrote: »
    wow so many bitter snowflaks here in this thread
    tough luck you communists homosexuals
    trump won
    you had you 8 years under obongo to spread your degeneracy
    now it's time fot the right wing to strike back

Troll much?

Because if you believe this you seriously need to talk to your doc about increasing your dosage.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Just an alt-right channer. Was doing the (((echoes))) spiel over at the Weinstein thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It really was quite surreal. I can, sort of, understand the first call in with Katy if you take the line that he was under stress and maybe 'self-medicating', but how to explain the call to Tapper, and interviews with Ari etc.

This was a car crash, where there driver kept reversing just to plow straight back into the wall!

I thought Katy did the best job, I think she copped on pretty quick what was happening and simply let him create the headlines. I felt Tapper was almost trying to stop him saying stuff.

There was another MSNBC interview, he was in the studio, where he started off saying SHS and her big fat mouth. The host then focused on getting him to retract that and spent a minute making it clear that it wasn't right. I mean, I get it, the host is right, but she has in front of her a person that could potentially blow open a story and that is what she wasted time on?

But overall, apart from Katy, I think the journos really struggled with this, and I can understand as its live and clearly this guy could say anything.

The noose is tightening, that is for sure. And if nothing else, this will make those in the WH very uneasy as, although this guy clearly harbours a grudge against Trump, it shows the pressure that this investigation is having.

One other line, I have not seen it discussed too much, is that he was asked if Trump knew of the Trump Jr meeting and he said he defo knew. Now I doubt he knows that for certain, as in I doubt he was told that by Trump, but it is clearly based on the knowledge that Trump would know this sort of stuff involving his son.

He even stated that he felt they shouldn't have even lied about it, just admit it and move on, since they did nothing wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Per Wolff's book, Nunberg was the aide tasked with teaching Trump about the Constitution. From Newsweek in Jan:

As a candidate for president, Donald Trump didn’t understand the Constitution—and didn't want to learn about it, a key campaign aide said.

“I got as far as the Fourth Amendment, before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head,” Sam Nunberg, a former adviser to the Trump campaign, said

After watching 4 interviews, it is patently clear that he is screwed beyond belief, and is desperate to try and find some reasonable grounds to refuse the subpoena. All the bravado of not complying is completely made up.

I nearly feel sorry for him, he is that bad a state. He even admits to being on anti-depressants. He has managed to make an awful situation worse and come Friday, he will sing like a bird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Haven't watched any of it yet, just comments here. Sadly, with someone under that much pressure, I hope he makes it to Friday.

Water John wrote: »
    Haven't watched any of it yet, just comments here. Sadly, with someone under that much pressure, I hope he makes it to Friday.

the only reason he got to do those interviews was because his carers, Solicitor/family/friends or whatever, didn't get to him first.

They will have the time to get to him now*

*as he has ran out of stations to give interviews to

Per Wolff's book, Nunberg was the aide tasked with teaching Trump about the Constitution. From Newsweek in Jan:

As a candidate for president, Donald Trump didn’t understand the Constitution—and didn't want to learn about it, a key campaign aide said.

“I got as far as the Fourth Amendment, before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head,” Sam Nunberg, a former adviser to the Trump campaign, said

Thanks for that... I knew his name from somewhere and couldn't think where from. Clearly no love lost there. Nunberg is another scumbag like his mentor Roger Stone but it's entertaining to hear all these rats turn on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I nearly feel sorry for him, he is that bad a state. He even admits to being on anti-depressants. He has managed to make an awful situation worse and come Friday, he will sing like a bird.

That was the weirdest part. As he went on, I felt bad for him despite him being the kind of person who hangs around Trump, Bannon and Stone. Weird, as I said. He made such an ass of himself and is clearly unwell.

He also stated on TV that he had been an advisor to Trump since 2011. The host spotted that and asked about but dropped it after.

That is quite telling as Trump has been keen to tell everyone that he didn't think about running until after 2014 (and thus the meetings in 2013 Moscow couldn't have any bearing on if Russia were involved) but this line brings that into question.

So in summary, Nunberg stated, at different time yesterday;

That Carter Paige colluded with Russia
    Trump knew about the Trump Tower Jr meeting at the time
    He thinks Mueller has something on Trump and it has to do with Russia
    Trump was thinking of running back in 2011.
    He doesn't want to hand over e-mails to protect Stone

These are each pretty serious charges to make and Nunberg should be taken to task on them. Either they are true or he must retract them.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    He also stated on TV that he had been an advisor to Trump since 2011. The host spotted that and asked about but dropped it after.

That is quite telling as Trump has been keen to tell everyone that he didn't think about running until after 2014 (and thus the meetings in 2013 Moscow couldn't have any bearing on if Russia were involved) but this line brings that into question.

These are each pretty serious charges to make and Nunberg should be taken to task on them. Either they are true or he must retract them.

The idea that Trump had been considering running since 2011 does line up with the Steele Dossier timeline that claims his relationship with the Russia when back at least 5 years (from 2016)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Water John wrote: »

It's a car crash.. I just don't know where to start with his flailing around from point to point. He's angry and flustered. He's so screwed I would genuinely be concerned for his safety.

But his misplaced loyalty to the psychopath that is Roger Stone is dangerous. I fear that he is about to discover what the rest of us know, that Stone doesn't have friends.
    Or maybe it's not misplaced loyalty, and rather it's fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/
    2rvy7v6.jpg

Things that Russian Trolls want to talk about today:

Sam Nunberg

Things that Russian trolls don't want to talk about today?

Russia told Trump not to appoint Romney as Secretary of State.
    Russian spy poisoned in Salisbury.

Nunberg was ordered to do what he did yesterday. I don't believe in coincidences around Trump-Russia anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,819 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That Sam Nunberg interview with Katy Tur was an early clubhouse leader for the darwin award for 2018. And I see people here saying the CNN one is worse ? Jesus help us this lad ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Nice that Sam stated, for the record, that Roger Stone and the Russians stole HR's emails. Now the thing is: on what date did Sam become aware of the thefts? Is there anything in Sam's emails referring to his knowledge of Roger's. and other's, iilegal actions?

Well Schiff wants him to appear before the Senate and he is to appear before Mueller on Friday, so we will see which way he goes.

It struck me at one or two points in different interviews that he was behaving this way to become famous or get attention.

He asked Tapper if he was the first person to rip up a subpoena on national tv for example.

Edit - just saw Demfad's post. Maybe it was all about attention/deflection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Well Schiff wants him to appear before the Senate and he is to appear before Mueller on Friday, so we will see which way he goes.

It struck me at one or two points in different interviews that he was behaving this way to become famous or get attention.

He asked Tapper if he was the first person to rip up a subpoena on national tv for example.

Edit - just saw Demfad's post. Maybe it was all about attention/deflection

Agreed, in basically every one of those interviews at some point he referenced himself as being the first to do it, like it was a badge of honour.

Came across as a very Trumpian statement "I'm the best..." "I'm the first..."

He ahs already been interviewed by Mueller.

His Friday appearence is a Grand Jury.

Basically, it would appear at least, that his interview with Mueller backup him their thinking and as such they issued a subpena looking for the e-mails.

It seems that Nunberg thought that the Mueller thing was simply a chat, that he would be free after it. I think he now knows that they already know and are looking for him to supply the e-mails, not because they wonder do they exist (they probably have an idea) but to see exactly what he will give them.

He must know that they are looking for something in particular, so he cannot simply give them a dump (this would not take 80 hours) but on the other hand if he selects which to give them and then is asked about one he didn't submit he is in deep trouble.

He is caught, he knows it, and he is trying to figure out a way to get himself out of it. He either dumps others or himself.

On the issue of deflection, I agree with Demfad. The only thing I would say is that Trump and the WH has proved to be very adept at distraction in the past but it doesn't seem to make much real difference (the media sure, but not Mueller).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

On the issue of deflection, I agree with Demfad. The only thing I would say is that Trump and the WH has proved to be very adept at distraction in the past but it doesn't seem to make much real difference (the media sure, but not Mueller).

I agree it doesn't make a difference with Mueller. But Trump is only worried about the court of public opinion now and creating an environment where Republicans can avoid impeaching him.
    Yesterday the Whitehouse did not address properly the latest Steele memo. They did not outright refute it saying instead that Romney was not picked for another reason. Now the New Yorker would know how dynamite this claim would be and they would not make it if they could not back it up. He does not want the media exposing this as this puts Republicans in an awkward position: they cannot ignore the fact that Vladimir Putin de facto chose the Secretary of State.
    When Mueller makes his report it will be in front of congress and they will decide when to impeach him or not. Trump has been attacking the players: eg Comey McCabe etc. He'll want all the bad news in one report. He can throw doubt on parts of it and maintain that the whole is dodgy.
    If the media report the Romney story it hurts him. So he needs to throw them some meat. So a drunk guy ringing around spouting his mouth off about Trump-Russia is a huge distraction for a media craving this. Nunberg's mentor is Roger Stone. If Stone is manipulating him, he may be in trouble.
    But the key story from yesterday is that the Foreign Office in Russia (many different people) were openly saying that Putin vetoed Romney. This means Trump is a puppet of Putin, and would need to be imminently dealt with.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-hudson-river-amtrak-tunnel-american-economy/

If there is any truth to the reasoning behind Trump pulling out of the below, there really is no limit to where his pettiness will take him.

Basically, for those that can't read the link... Trump has pulled funding to an infrastructure plan to upgrade the train tunnel under the Hudson river, one of the busiest routes in America & in dangerous need of work given the risk to life, as well as to one of the largest contributors to the US economy.

The reason for pulling the funding... because Chuck Schumer wouldn't back his nominees

He really can't see beyond his fragile little ego & thinks the only way to solve a situation is to try bully people into accepting his way

Wonder if Trump will take any action on this:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/06/politics/kellyanne-conway-hatch-act/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Office of the special council (not to be confused with mueller) has found that kellyanne conway violated the hatch act twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wonder if Trump will take any action on this:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/06/politics/kellyanne-conway-hatch-act/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Office of the special council (not to be confused with mueller) has found that kellyanne conway violated the hatch act twice

Not a hope as he did nothing the last time broke that act so why would he do anything now.

I see that several news outlets are quoting memo written by Christopher steele in November 2016 saying that through some channel the Russians in essence vetoed the pick for Secretary of State. I'm not American but if this is true that would be jarring to have the Russians influence a pick for a member of the cabinet of a United States administration.

Btw the person they are meant to have vetoed is mitt Romney, who from his statements during the 2012 election was no fan of Russia to say the least.

Sure they effectively vetoed who the president was too, if you believe that they heavily influenced the election by colluding with Trump/wikileaks etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭dasdog

Gary Cohn to resign as Trump's top economic adviser according to Bloomberg/NY Times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement