Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthodontics Dublin?

• 11-01-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey, can anyone recommend the best orthodontics in the world or close enough in or around Dublin? I'm looking into getting clear braces or ceramics if possible but want to make sure I'm not scammed into handing money over for procedures that wouldn't suit or is not required. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

TaOcrasOrm wrote: »
    Hey, can anyone recommend the best orthodontics in the world or close enough in or around Dublin? I'm looking into getting clear braces or ceramics if possible but want to make sure I'm not scammed into handing money over for procedures that wouldn't suit or is not required. Thanks

It's got to be this guy:)

https://youtu.be/D5oOrFAODNc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

OP what part of Dublin are you in>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

I would highly recommend (no names on main forum. Please PM only). It's about a 30-40 min drive depending on traffic from Dublin. They are private but well worth the money. Got my Invisalign treatment done with them and never looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    I would highly recommend (no names on main forum. Please PM only). It's about a 30-40 min drive depending on traffic from Dublin. They are private but well worth the money. Got my Invisalign treatment done with them and never looked back.

Would you be able to pm me the name of practice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TaOcrasOrm

MFlack2012 wrote: »

Thanks for the reply MFlack. Could you PM details please? I've just been to an invisalign consultation. They said id be a good candidate but I'm bit reluctant as they say it won't really work great for realignment. My teeth aren't the worst but my jaw is fairly crooked and my teeth don't sit right when my mouth is closed. I think I'd probably prefer to get all in one cosmetic and fix to overall position so maybe ceramic might be best for me. How are the Invisalign for you? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

TaOcrasOrm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply MFlack. Could you PM details please? I've just been to an invisalign consultation. They said id be a good candidate but I'm bit reluctant as they say it won't really work great for realignment. My teeth aren't the worst but my jaw is fairly crooked and my teeth don't sit right when my mouth is closed. I think I'd probably prefer to get all in one cosmetic and fix to overall position so maybe ceramic might be best for me. How are the Invisalign for you? Thanks!

Sure, I'll pm you now. I had three years of Invisalign and found no problems with them. Very handy to be able to remove when needed. I refused to get braces full stop. I had a complete 220 turn on my front tooth and a good bit of movement in all the rest, with overlaps etc. Worked fantastic. They did move, however, after a year. Just very slightly. This was because I had a removable retainer only. I have just finished another nine months (turned out to be six months) treatment and I now have the bar and removable brace, which should hopefully stop any movement. My teeth are perfect. My own dentist can't believe the difference since before treatment.

This place will actually show you a digital photo of how each Invisalign will move your teeth and a finished product before you even start treatment. They've done fantastic work. I was told first, years ago, that Invisalign wouldn't work on me. This particular Orthodontist said he didn't know what the other guy was talking about as I'd be a perfect candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭insebayguy

Hi, I'm looking for somewhere decent to bring my teenage son and daughter for orthodontics. He definitely needs barces. I'm not so sure about her. Any chance you can PM the details of the clinic to me also please. Thanks.

Advertisement