Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help fixing a machine

• 12-01-2018 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am not an engineer. Just looking for some help or the right direction for help. I bought a machine from a company in China. The machine fires shuttlecocks for badminton training. It’s supposed to work but some part of the machine is faulty. I have no schematics for the machine and apologize for the vagueness of this post but I am just seeking advice or help, thanks. I am willing to pay obviously. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,283 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried the basics like power source connected properly, fuses etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

Is there a shuttle cock stuck in it perharps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what machine
    any pics
    why isn't it working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭tony stark

Nothing stuck in it. It did power up initially but didn’t work at all. I noticed something lose inside so opened it up. I noticed two wires unsoldered so decided to solder them to where I thought they should go. It the stopped showing power light after that.

Checked power source and went through the basics with the company already. They admitted it may have been faulty. They basically just sold them so couldn’t provide much more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I can't be sure this isn't a wind up.

Specifically considering your username

Ha no it’s not. I know it’s a really weird one!

I basically just think something small is wrong with it but I’m so untechnically minded I haven’t a clue. There’s a few quid in it if anyone can fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭1874

How about some pictures of your machine, some close ups, how is it operated? a motor, does it move the shuttlecock by generating air pressure?

How is it activated? power supply? voltage?

Why did you just solder two wires together? seems unusual that a wire would be broken into two if they were meant to be joined, maybe they were on a switch on the cover?? or somewhere else?

I also dont know how you came up with your username, which is why I didnt reply initially until I saw another reply.

The machine isnt wind up operated is it?? :)

• Advertisement

The wires seemed to be soldered to a circuit. It was pretty stupid me soldering them considering my complete lack of knowledge of circuits and machines. I’ll post up pictures tomorrow as it’s to cold to head out to the gorge now. Cheers guys

tony stark wrote: »
    The wires seemed to be soldered to a circuit. It was pretty stupid me soldering them considering my complete lack of knowledge of circuits and machines. I’ll post up pictures tomorrow as it’s to cold to head out to the gorge now. Cheers guys

Maybe not, it might be you;ve just soldered them to the wrong connections, although that might be enough to bugger it up, you'd expect they wouldnt be off, unless they came off through handling, try take some pictures, I find this handy if Im opening up something for the first time as its better than doing diagrams, quicker and more accurate.

I cant seem to post the images of the machine I was talking about here. Anyone know how to do this? I took it apart and took pictures of the internals . Im willing to pay to get this fixed so if anyone wants to pm me? I live in Dublin btw. If you pm me maybe I could e mail then pictures to see if you can make sense of it? Thanks

I've figured out the picture attachment. Will send later

Theres the pictures now. As I said before Ill pay to get it fixed if anyone can help or recommend. Thanks

Where do you live, roughly?
    I mean what area?

Do you know what wires were loose? it looks like some soldering was done to a wire or wires on the relay in your 5th & 6th image, is that how that arrived, was that what you soldered? or something else? you said two loose wires, was one red and another black, or two red/black wires?

In the 3rd image I soldered the wire to the round thing. In 5th and 6th I soldered a loose wire to a red box...badly. I live in Dublin 5. I can drop to anyone or if they want to pick it up. Thanks

tony stark wrote: »
    In the 3rd image I soldered the wire to the round thing. In 5th and 6th I soldered a loose wire to a red box...badly. I live in Dublin 5. I can drop to anyone or if they want to pick it up. Thanks

Ok, I see, looks like you soldered one wire to what looks like (from the angle of image) to be a small motor and if there was one other wire on there, whichever one you fitted would seem to go only in one place so probably no problem there, the other image I see what is a relay, but no red box? maybe you mean you soldered a red wire to a box? (meaning the relay? the part that says VDCC 24DC, if not, then there is a missing picture, but Im guessing you meant "red wire to the box") Im not sure how you selected or decided which connector to solder to, maybe wire length? and where it appeared to reach to or there was already solder on the connection? it seems it would have been a better build if they fitted connectors instead of soldering to the relay but its probablycheaper/quicker to do it this way.

What I dont understand is, that it worked initially, then didnt, something must have happened, was it dropped? or slipped or even had a small fall, for the wires to just come off for no apparent reason seems odd, its just if it was dropped, maybe there is other damage too, thats not visible.
    (EDIT, just reread the thread, seems you said it powered up but did not work, not that it worked initially and then didnt, maybe got damaged in transport or left the factory like that).
    Dublin 5 is what area? Finglas?

• Advertisement

1874 wrote: »
    Ok, I see, looks like you soldered one wire to what looks like (from the angle of image) to be a small motor and if there was one other wire on there, whichever one you fitted would seem to go only in one place so probably no problem there, the other image I see what is a relay, but no red box? maybe you mean you soldered a red wire to a box? (meaning the relay? the part that says VDCC 24DC, if not, then there is a missing picture, but Im guessing you meant "red wire to the box") Im not sure how you selected or decided which connector to solder to, maybe wire length? and where it appeared to reach to or there was already solder on the connection? it seems it would have been a better build if they fitted connectors instead of soldering to the relay but its probablycheaper/quicker to do it this way.

What I dont understand is, that it worked initially, then didnt, something must have happened, was it dropped? or slipped or even had a small fall, for the wires to just come off for no apparent reason seems odd, its just if it was dropped, maybe there is other damage too, thats not visible.
    (EDIT, just reread the thread, seems you said it powered up but did not work, not that it worked initially and then didnt, maybe got damaged in transport or left the factory like that).
    Dublin 5 is what area? Finglas?
    I live in Artane. I meant the red wire to the box. I decided to solder the wires stupidly because although it powered up it did not work, so I opened the box saw two loose wires and thought they must connect to where I soldered them. Again I know nothing about electronics or machines. It never dropped and in fairness was very well packaged when I got it so Im assuming there was no quality control when it left the factory.

Yeah it was the wire length that made me solder it to those positions. Whats strange is that it powered up before but did not work with the power on.

Advertisement