Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick lagging will an amazon box run kodi smoother?

Options
  • 12-01-2018 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

As I say in the title, I’m wondering if I purchase an android box will it perform better with kodi installed Mod Snipped.

If the answer is yes, I would appreciate any advice on an android box that I could purchase.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I'm using the fire tv rather than stick with a 7mb broadband, no issues streaming at all. Sometimes won't be a stream, but that's not the boxes fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I don’t use Kodi on it but I definitely find the box is a lot snappier than the stick. I know it has more RAM and possibly a better CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Op, edit your ould posts there, before a mod pops in! I suspect mentioning certain sites and add ons might upset them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Any recommendations on a reliable box to source ? I usually use ntv.mx for my live tv watching but use kodi for movies / series that I can’t get access to through Netflix etc
    I meant the Fire TV box - that's definitely snappier than the Fire TV stick :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I’ve trimmed this thread a bit due to references to Kodi Addons, Iptv etc which are off limits here, see notices at top of forums. No infractions issued this time, bans at the ready !

If anyone wants to suggest a fast android box to the op then go ahead, no need to discuss your choice of software, media sources etc.

Ritz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement