Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I agree its a Vince McMahon PR club but Jarrett would have achieved enough to go in based on his career.

6 time IC champ, WCW heavyweight champ, hed be deserving as much as The Dudleys IMO, arguable more so.

I personally hope he gets his moment

I also think you can push him a bit as the man who "found" and gave proper air time to the likes of Styles, Joe, Roode and a host of others who have passed through WWEs door. Not on Raw, but overall, you can't say TNA hasn't had some positive impacts, (lol, pun not intended) giving guys a break when WWE didn't.

Now, I wonder if they get tempted to do a TNA invasion of some sort....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

only remember his run with Debra as his manager and don't remember his early days in wwf. Knw of his work outside WWE and his dislike of them but it seems all that is done and dusted now. Congrats to him

wwe seem to be patching things up with some talent they have had a few runs in with in the past. it's only a matter of time before they patch things up with CM Punk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's the relationship like between him and Kurt these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

I can't wait 'til next year when Nailz goes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Delighted. JJ has always been one of my favourites.

His speech should be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think AC was joking as old double J burnt and rebuilt and torched that bridge one too many times. I know they say never say never but I'd eat my hat if he ever gets in.

Eat the hat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well it looks like I'll have to buy a hat and then eat it. Old double J Jeff Jarrett is going to be in the 2018 WWE hall of fame. Well there you go. Never say never.

That's H-A-Double L haha O-F haha F-A-M-E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads TNA was a huge part of jeffs career but I presume they won't mention it or have any clips of it. My point is the WWE video guys are world class but this isn't much to use. Wcw and WWF stuff which include Owen hart and Chyna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

with the deal being struck for the broken universe, they may have struck something for a package on Jeff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's the relationship like between him and Kurt these days?

Does Karen have kids with any?

• Advertisement

2 with Kurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

hillbilly jim to go in tbh i thought he was already in for some reason

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/970709906193076224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow I thought he was in already as well.

Don't go messing with a Country Boy.

Had to google to see if he's still alive, simply because they haven't announced any posthumous inductions yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember him unexpectedly popping up in one of the Smackdown games, Here Comes the Pain I think.

kid rock going since im sure nobody cares i thought i add this as its hilarious

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/973247742700150784

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As long as there’s no celebratory concert at WM, I couldn’t care less what eejits Vince lets into his HOF.

martyos121 wrote: »
    As long as there’s no celebratory concert at WM, I couldn’t care less what eejits Vince lets into his HOF.

i would accept playing taker in as american badass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wont lie i his bawitaba, cowboy and american bad ass songs are class

i still wonder if these celbrity inductees actually get them any press coverage which is what there looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ricero wrote: »
    I wont lie i his bawitaba, cowboy and american bad ass songs are class

The guys a douche but his music had a place in Wrestling history. Teenage Joe enjoyed the above and the lonely road of faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The guys a douche but his music had a place in Wrestling history. Teenage Joe enjoyed the above and the lonely road of faith.

Place in wrestling history ? It's edited out of the network whenever he "performed" on WWE tv which is a blessing as he can't stand the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Place in wrestling history ? It's edited out of the network whenever he "performed" on WWE tv which is a blessing as he can't stand the guy.

Wrestling and more specificly wrestling theme music was a great bridge for me musically. I never liked rock or metal music in much form as a child but wrestling theme music opened the door to me.

Because my fondness of wrestling themes, or bands that played vignette music, PPV themes etc , I began listening to other rock bands, nu-metal, heavy metal.

I was a tennager during the attitude era, songs like Kid Rocks, Saliva, POD were played on most PPVs and video packages and it suited the product so well. Whether its edited out of the network is a moot point, it will always have its place in my wrestling memories.

While my music tastes have evolved from 14 year old Joes tastes, my Ipod will always have a strong wrestling theme song collection.

That aside is he a Hall of Famer in wrestling, nope. But they like a celebrity and hes probably the best available which isnt saying much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wrestling and more specificly wrestling theme music was a great bridge for me musically. I never liked rock or metal music in much form as a child but wrestling theme music opened the door to me.

Because my fondness of wrestling themes, or bands that played vignette music, PPV themes etc , I began listening to other rock bands, nu-metal, heavy metal.

I was a tennager during the attitude era, songs like Kid Rocks, Saliva, POD were played on most PPVs and video packages and it suited the product so well. Whether its edited out of the network is a moot point, it will always have its place in my wrestling memories.

While my music tastes have evolved from 14 year old Joes tastes, my Ipod will always have a strong wrestling theme song collection.

That aside is he a Hall of Famer in wrestling, nope. But they like a celebrity and hes probably the best available which isnt saying much.

very similar to me and wrestling music of the late 90's, early 00's introduced me to rock music and bands like Papa Roach, Saliva, Puddle of mudd etc. I loved Kid Rocks songs eg Lonley road of faith (how can u not like that final wwe vs alliance promo) and american bad ass. 70% of a bands who done wrestling themes in the 90's/2000s are virtually unknown in Ireland (only to a few rock die hards and wreslting fans etc). Since a few years ago & wwe have gone all rap/pop for there theme/ppv songs.NXT seem to be keeping up the Rock element

I wonder in his speech will he mention Joe C (the dwarf guy that was with him for a lof of his wwf stints and who passed away in 2000) ???.

This celebrity wing is a load of meh and doesnt matter a **** for the inductee tbh and all comes from it is a free trip to mania weekend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mark Henry is the next inductee :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mark Henry is the next inductee :D

Hopefully his son inducts him

tumblr_m7nc57QYpS1qgd0ejo1_500.png

Is that the quickest induction for a guy who wasn't a big name when he retired? Like Edge was forced to retire at the top and people questioned him going in so soon.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is that the quickest induction for a guy who wasn't a big name when he retired? Like Edge was forced to retire at the top and people questioned him going in so soon.

Mark Henry debuted in 1996. Beth Phoenix debuted in 2006 and she wasn't exactly a huge name when all was said and done.:eek:

I just meant the time between his retirement and him going in. Like he only retired quietly this year and he's going in right away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe so that people actually believe he is retired.

Is it wrong that I am actually hoping that he wears his salmon suit?

Advertisement