Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't restore WhatsApp backup

• 12-01-2018 7:06am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have my old and new phones here and am trying to transition smoothly. I've WhatsApp installed on the new one and backed up to Google drive on the old one. However the backup just will not restore on the new one. It detects the file but won't go beyond 0% of the chat restore.

I keep getting locked out of WhatsApp on one phone then the other and having to confirm the account constantly.

What am I doing wrong? I don't have a PC handy so manually copying the folders across is a bit difficult.

I tried opening gdrive on the new phone but there's no sign of a backup file or anything since July last year.

Comments

I have my old and new phones here and am trying to transition smoothly. I've WhatsApp installed on the new one and backed up to Google drive on the old one. However the backup just will not restore on the new one. It detects the file but won't go beyond 0% of the chat restore.

I keep getting locked out of WhatsApp on one phone then the other and having to confirm the account constantly.

What am I doing wrong? I don't have a PC handy so manually copying the folders across is a bit difficult.

I tried opening gdrive on the new phone but there's no sign of a backup file or anything since July last year.

You're not meant to be able to see the backup files. You should put your SIM in your new phone, authenticate, then WhatsApp should automatically identify your backup and you can restore.

You shouldn't be dealing with manually copying files or anything like that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gotcha, it wouldn't play ball until I switched the SIMs over.

Advertisement