Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Management: Smurfit vs IMI

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:42am

As the title suggests, I am considering doing a masters and am torn between Smurfit and the IMI, both of which offer part time courses.

Why Smurfit?

Well, Smurfit feels like it has a good name. I know the course has had some criticism (few don’t…) but I get the feeling that to a lot of people Smurfit will look well on the CV. Part time lectures are 8 weekends a year. (or smemster?)

Why IMI?

The IMI one also gets some criticism but gives you plenty of choice in that you complete three diplomas to obtain your masters, each of which are their own respective qualifications on your CV. In addition, courses are 3 days per month on a Wed – Fri which does suit as it leaves my weekends free, a consideration for me.

If they are generally considered to be of equivalent value I would probably lean towards the IMI for the reasons stated above. But if the Smurfit one is really considered better then I would go that way. I should also state that I’m not looking to work ferociously hard here, I see this as something extracurricular that will boost my CV.

Appreciate your thoughts.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I would also like to get peoples perspective on this therefore I am bumping this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I choice Smurfit btw!

Advertisement