Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee in Work

• 12-01-2018 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

So, what's your work set-up like? What do you do for coffee, or tea, in work?

I think I have it pretty sweet.

There's a Bean to Cup on each floor, in the one closest to me we have these beans

Decent enough for free coffee, and the sheer turnover in the machine means the beans are relatively fresh. I drink this mostly.

We also have a few concession sellers around the building. There's a Costa and a Java Republic on the ground floor - actual barista kiosks - and there's a Starbucks machine on the canteen floor - and a Barista Cloudpicker on another floor. The Cloudpicker serving sizes are smaller than the other 3, but the coffee is approximately seventy times nicer, so if I fancy a change from the Lavazza B2C machine, I get a Cloudpicker.

Outside, close to work we have a Munchies, the coffee there is grand and there's also a The Art of Coffee shop, lovely stuff, but slightly behind Cloudpicker for me.

So, what you got?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gr8 m8

I have a Thermos flask!
    But it's a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Your offices sound like my kind of coffee heaven!! We just buy tubs of coffee from the petty cash. I always make sure to have a tub of Nescafe Azera :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That's a phenominal set of choices! I'm on a tub of Kenco Millicano or Nescafe Azera most of the time, we have a machine but it's pretty nasty.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maxwell House is all we have :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Yeah, for some reason there are sachets of Robt Roberts instant beside the B2C machines, and I often see people drinking that, weirdos.

I keep a small Lavazza Prontissimo in my drawer too, in case the B2C is out of service (rarely) and I'm in a hurry to a meeting or something. I don't think I've had to use that in a long time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Yeah, for some reason there are sachets of Robt Roberts instant beside the B2C machines, and I often see people drinking that, weirdos.

I keep a small Lavazza Prontissimo in my drawer too, in case the B2C is out of service (rarely) and I'm in a hurry to a meeting or something. I don't think I've had to use that in a long time though.

What a dick! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

huh?

Im just jealous dont mind me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

There's a Costa and a Java Republic on the ground floor - actual barista kiosks - and there's a Starbucks machine on the canteen floor

so... lousy coffee then. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Kenz

Bean to Coffee Machines, and more - in each department area, but the machines are using horrible burnt tasting "Pelican Rouge" coffee beans. Truly Horrible stuff...

However, we also have trained barrista's serving coffee in the canteen, using Java Republic beans (roasted around the corner) - Now that's nice. :O)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

We have bean to cup machines on every floor too. But I found I recently that they have a little hatch on top where you can pour in your own ground coffee instead of using whatever cheap beans they use. And I got a coffee grinder for Christmas so it's a revelation!

I keep my Aeropress at work too as an alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Late last year we got a counter set-up in our canteen with Bell Lane Coffee from Mullingar. It's yummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

We have some instant coffee from Lidl and it's absolutely the worst thing I've ever tasted. A lot of people just bring in their own, mainly Nescafe Gold. Sometimes I bring a Thermos but the one I have leaves a funny taste. There's a Nespresso machine but I they're just as bad as the sachets of coffee to be honest.

I usually have my coffee before work, a coffee press and Starbucks coffee. Christmas blend at the moment which is pretty nice, it was 2 for €10 and I have an espresso one also. Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla if I can get my hands on it. I've been told to check out Oolong Tea near George's St but I haven't had a chance, the previous bag of coffee I had was also Starbucks but for €2, and before that more Dunkin Donuts! No shortage for me :)

I started using a coffee press about 2 years ago, I wish I knew about it 10 years ago! Might look into getting an Aeropress if it's worth it?

Advertisement