Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug use & crime in city centre

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a lot of sensationalism going on here. This is nearly as good as the burrito thread

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I won't name names, but there are some folks in here who I really can't take seriously at all. At least Poxyshamrock nailed the satire anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Today I was walking up the archway from Cruise's Street to William's Street (Todd's Bow I believe it's called) and I saw a man piss drunk and lying flat out on the ground just before 4pm. It was difficult to determine whether he was homeless or not, but he was a wearing a blue and white striped beanie hat (anyone else see him around previously?), and had a bottle of wine alongside him.

Well.. I wish I hadn't walked up that way because in broad daylight and at a very busy time in town, he decided to take his c*ck and balls out of his trousers and he let a stream of piss down the path no more than one metre across from me. He muttered something in my direction but I kept walking. I saw a Garda car looking for a spot to park at William Street no more than five minutes later (presumably to deal with this man) which is positive of course, though it was such a shame to see this.

Was he wearing a red munster jumper by any chance? I was sitting at the traffic lights outside Debenhams yesterday and there were 2 guards and 2 paramedics dealing with a drunk passed out outside the chemist across the road, this was at about 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Limerick is grand. No problems at all because I never see them. I walk around all the rough areas and the city centre late at night and never see anything. Nobody ever assaults me or intimidates me so you are obviously all making this up.

There has been tremendous changes in the past 8 years, so many that some places haven't changed in 40 years. Funnily enough these areas tend to be the same areas.

Junkies everywhere me hole, they are all harmless winos. Never cause any trouble.

Lololololol same old story in Limerick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Limerick is grand. No problems at all because I never see them. I walk around all the rough areas and the city centre late at night and never see anything. Nobody ever assaults me or intimidates me so you are obviously all making this up.

There has been tremendous changes in the past 8 years, so many that some places haven't changed in 40 years. Funnily enough these areas tend to be the same areas.

Junkies everywhere me hole, they are all harmless winos. Never cause any trouble.

Nobody in here has denied that Limerick has issues. Simply that they're nowhere near as bad as are being made out and that they're not even close to being unique to Limerick.
    They world isn't black or white as many like yourself try to make out, it's many many shades of grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Today I was walking up the archway from Cruise's Street to William's Street (Todd's Bow I believe it's called) and I saw a man piss drunk and lying flat out on the ground just before 4pm. It was difficult to determine whether he was homeless or not, but he was a wearing a blue and white striped beanie hat (anyone else see him around previously?), and had a bottle of wine alongside him.

Well.. I wish I hadn't walked up that way because in broad daylight and at a very busy time in town, he decided to take his c*ck and balls out of his trousers and he let a stream of piss down the path no more than one metre across from me. He muttered something in my direction but I kept walking. I saw a Garda car looking for a spot to park at William Street no more than five minutes later (presumably to deal with this man) which is positive of course, though it was such a shame to see this.

Presuming they were going to him? Did you approach them and let then know he was there? I just think people need to pick up the phone and call the gardai instead of complaining about it. Everybody says someone should call the gardai etc, you need to taje the civic responsibility and be the one to call. We had some low level anti social behaviour in our estate last year and a Garda advised me to ring constantly as they log the calls and they use the level of calls to decide patrols in the coming week. Net result, people have moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Was he wearing a red munster jumper by any chance? I was sitting at the traffic lights outside Debenhams yesterday and there were 2 guards and 2 paramedics dealing with a drunk passed out outside the chemist across the road, this was at about 6pm.

I have to admit that I wasn't looking at him too closely. For some reason, I think he could have been wearing a red scarf, but it's definitely possible that he was also wearing a munster jumper. I was very wary of him when walking up the archway, but when I saw the stream coming towards me and then looked up to see his manhood I tucked into the left-hand side as quick as possible and didn't look down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Presuming they were going to him? Did you approach them and let then know he was there? I just think people need to pick up the phone and call the gardai instead of complaining about it. Everybody says someone should call the gardai etc, you need to taje the civic responsibility and be the one to call. We had some low level anti social behaviour in our estate last year and a Garda advised me to ring constantly as they log the calls and they use the level of calls to decide patrols in the coming week. Net result, people have moved on.

This is something that I have been regretting since - I was going to call the Gardai, but my girlfriend talked me out of it to be honest. What if the Gardai were going to the prison or elsewhere in Limerick and not looking for a space to pull in after all?

I am certainly not complaining about it by the way, I think William's Street has gotten a little rougher in recent years but it's the first time I have ever seen anything on this level. There's only so much the Gardai can do to prevent occurrences like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Is this really a tread about the city centre's,drug use,and it's faults,or is it really a tread,about ur distaste for people from certain area's of the city.Did you not jump out of ur seat tonight when Earl's,caught the ball and set up Sexton 's drop goal,to beat the French?Or did you say,feck it,he's scum from moyross.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Who's Eimear and why was she on the ground on William St and why was an ambulance called?

• Advertisement
Advertisement