Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I'll slow down the next i'm passing you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

I see Hora's have started the new block of apartments just inside Maelduin on the green area. I really think it is such a pity that green area is gone. Three blocks of apartments shoved into that corner of Dunshaughlin.....hmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

Exile59 wrote: »
    I see Hora's have started the new block of apartments just inside Maelduin on the green area. I really think it is such a pity that green area is gone. Three blocks of apartments shoved into that corner of Dunshaughlin.....hmmmmm.

parking going to be a major problem there. not to mention the congestion trying to get on to main street at Lawless'. Unless there is going to be another entrance/exit but I can't see where.

parking going to be a major problem there. not to mention the congestion trying to get on to main street at Lawless'. Unless there is going to be another entrance/exit but I can't see where.

I've checked the plans and there doesn't seem to be any extra entrances. Agreed, parking is going to be a disaster there going in there. And I saw there is planning permission for some of the retail units on the ground floor next to the new creche facing onto the green area to be converted into more apartments...sheesh!

Definitely gonna need another hairdresser soon in Dunshaughlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Hi

I am a daily dog walker in the village. Has anyone noticed the huge increase in dog fouling! What is wrong with these people who don't pick up after their dogs. Its so annoying. I encourage anyone who witnesses this behavior to challenge the culprits, maybe embarrassment will make them think twice as enforcement of the law is not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Hi

I am a daily dog walker in the village. Has anyone noticed the huge increase in dog fouling! What is wrong with these people who don't pick up after their dogs. Its so annoying. I encourage anyone who witnesses this behavior to challenge the culprits, maybe embarrassment will make them think twice as enforcement of the law is not happening.

I'm also a dog walker and totally agree with the above (and I do clean up after my dog). It is very annoying and quiet dangerous for little kids too.

Unfortunately, I have also noticed some people letting there dog / dogs out the front door to do there "business" in anyone's front garden :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Hi

Yeah I noticed it more in the last 2 weeks actually. I regulary jog down from the Willows and seen an increase. Maybe the good weather brings more people out walking their dogs ?

In fairness, I think too much focus here is on the owners. It is the dogs after all who are the ones actually creating the mess. For too long they have gotten away with soiling the pathways and cycleways of Dunshaughlin. They should be taught their actions have consequences and that not only is it inconsiderate, it sets a poor precedent expecting their owners to always clean up after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Too many people let their dogs off the lead before the have a poo, then the have a chat with their friends and don't see it. No need for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bren.c

Half of the M3 parkway is now closed off to the public.... Apparently Intel have least half the car park....Irish rail are a joke!!!
    the amount of new houses being built on the surrounding areas and more people using the car park they close half it off.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

IRcolm wrote: »

Wow! That'll be big news around Dunshaughlin! As a blow in, I think it's a nice bar, but most people I know from the area love it. Staff are friendly and the locals we meet whenever we're in there are always sound.

While I do think it will be a loss in some ways, I think it offers a huge opportunity to modernise it, maybe turn it into a gastrobar or something similar with a decent food offering. It definitely has potential.

I heard the three large apartment blocks going in by Maelduin have all been marked for social housing. Hora's site in the green area definitely is and Ivy Place behind it is rumoured to be the same as well. While I wouldn't have any issue with social housing scattered around a development I really don't think it will be good for the Maelduin area or the town in general if there's three apartment blocks solely earmarked entirely for social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gracie8bb

Hi- I’ve been looking at crèches around the area recently and I think we are going to go ahead with fonthill in clonee- has anyone any dealings with them or share any insights? Thanks

I've checked the plans and there doesn't seem to be any extra entrances. Agreed, parking is going to be a disaster there going in there. And I saw there is planning permission for some of the retail units on the ground floor next to the new creche facing onto the green area to be converted into more apartments...sheesh!

Definitely gonna need another hairdresser soon in Dunshaughlin!

Jogged by it this morning. Seems a most of the retail units that were empty are now getting work done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Lamps being put into place from Ardlea, past the P&P up to the new estate/roundabout. Hopefully they can get some on the Dunshaughlin to Batterstown/Trim Road just past the roundabouts.

gracie8bb wrote: »
    Hi- I’ve been looking at crèches around the area recently and I think we are going to go ahead with fonthill in clonee- has anyone any dealings with them or share any insights? Thanks

No, sorry can't help you. I know Sandy's in Dunshaughlin is very good and well worth looking into from mates who have young 'uns that go there. She's around a long time and well regarded.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Jogged by it this morning. Seems a most of the retail units that were empty are now getting work done to them.

They're turning all of them into ground floor apartments......I was hoping for a nice Chopped or maybe O'Brien's Off License.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

They're turning all of them into ground floor apartments......I was hoping for a nice Chopped or maybe O'Brien's Off License.....

We could do with both of those!

Aldi just got a green light!!!

what is the big development on the way to town. near clonee on the left hand side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 RachBrissie

Aldi just got a green light!!!

This is great news, is there a link to the news?

This is great news, is there a link to the news?

Gerry O'Connor just posted it to the FB page Dunsh Grapevine

what is the big development on the way to town. near clonee on the left hand side

Facebook expansion. Its a data center.

yeah, that's what I thought but someone said to me recently that it wasn't FB...

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Facebook expansion. Its a data center.

Oh that's what it is! Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Hi Folks,
    I haven't been on the forum much lately and great to read all your contributions, this whole section is a wonderful new hub!

What is the story with Dun Rioga? heading to the roundabout the first development on the left is looking like a well built ghost estate! I heard the delay in people moving in was due to no power but I would have thought that was resolved by now. I live on that Drumree Road and I am sick to my back teeth of the roadworks, are the digging for gold or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Diddleydoo wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I haven't been on the forum much lately and great to read all your contributions, this whole section is a wonderful new hub!

What is the story with Dun Rioga? heading to the roundabout the first development on the left is looking like a well built ghost estate! I heard the delay in people moving in was due to no power but I would have thought that was resolved by now. I live on that Drumree Road and I am sick to my back teeth of the roadworks, are the digging for gold or what?

I'm not too sure to be honest! Theres always someone from security sitting in car at the entrance 24/7!

I know from the Co Council towards Leshamstown they were putting up the lampposts, but other than that I'm not sure.

Theres road resurfacing around the roundabouts at the Trim road at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

rizzee wrote: »
    I'm not too sure to be honest! Theres always someone from security sitting in car at the entrance 24/7!

I know from the Co Council towards Leshamstown they were putting up the lampposts, but other than that I'm not sure.

Theres road resurfacing around the roundabouts at the Trim road at the moment.

There is a dispute about accommodation for the travelers horses :p

Diddleydoo wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I went up with the other half a few weeks back to have a nose around and was speaking to the selling agent. They are having a big issue with connecting power to the houses, major delay. There are people who were meant to move in months ago and are still waiting.

The houses themselves are really nice on the inside by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I went up with the other half a few weeks back to have a nose around and was speaking to the selling agent. They are having a big issue with connecting power to the houses, major delay. There are people who were meant to move in months ago and are still waiting.

The houses themselves are really nice on the inside by the way.

Was this perhaps on a Wednesday?

I was up there too recently but my other half thought I was relating to the sewage. For Phase 2 should be sorted for the utilities.

Advertisement