Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

GeneHunt wrote: »
    The three speed bumps are currently getting installed on the Drumree Road.

Well the 'speed' bumps were installed yesterday, 31 October. I have been highly amused at the cars/vans flying over them. Perhaps speed bumps is an exaggeration, wait till the 17 year olds from the community college try them out next week, they are going to love them, a complete waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Exile59 wrote: »
    I took a slow walk past Dun Rioga yesterday, that's a much bigger development than I thought it was going to be! The Drumree road is going to be busy!

Does anyone know what is going in where The Snug used to be...? I heard it's Caldwell's, and we saw they have the same blueish colour inside last week, so it might be. If that is the case, Caldwell's...Plate and Palette....new Massimo's....lads tis only a matter of time until Dunshaughlin gets recognised as a gourmet food destination.... ;)

Caldwell's is class in Ratoath

Yes the speed bumps are very short and low??? Why even bother if they are that useless

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Borderfox wrote: »
    Caldwell's is class in Ratoath

Yes the speed bumps are very short and low??? Why even bother if they are that useless

Yes the speed bumps are very short and low, but you'll not drive over them fast!!!:eek: :o

I forgot about them this evening and hit one at about 60km/h - they need signage or a few cats eyes across them. Maybe they might be more visible once the new streets are working, but jayzus they're not visible in the dark wet evenings at the moment.

One other issue I have with the speed bumps is they are not the full width of the road, this greatly encourages drivers to get very close to the footpaths as they drive over the bump, and as it is car mirrors get too close to someone walking on the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Yes the speed bumps are very short and low, but you'll not drive over them fast!!!:eek: :o

I forgot about them this evening and hit one at about 60km/h - they need signage or a few cats eyes across them. Maybe they might be more visible once the new streets are working, but jayzus they're not visible in the dark wet evenings at the moment.

One other issue I have with the speed bumps is they are not the full width of the road, this greatly encourages drivers to get very close to the footpaths as they drive over the bump, and as it is car mirrors get too close to someone walking on the footpath.
    I actually saw several cars doing just this, skimming the kerb...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

I forgot about them this evening and hit one at about 60km/h

And that's exactly why they're needed! You shouldn't have been driving at 60kph in a 50k zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

Barney224 wrote: »
    And that's exactly why they're needed! You shouldn't have been driving at 60kph in a 50k zone.

Burn...!!!!

I met the owner of what was formerly Massimo's last week, and they're completely changing tack...it's going to be a Portuguese/Kurdish restaurant, specializing in, basically meats and salads. Lots of high quality kebabs, ribs, etc with salads. He said they are Kurdish themselves and they feel that people are tired of Italian restaurants, so they're gonna take a risk and try something different. I'm delighted. Mix it up a bit!

I know it's not the same, but we've been to a Lebanese restaurant in town a few times and their food selection is amazing, something along those lines would be great.

Hope it works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

I met the owner of what was formerly Massimo's last week, and they're completely changing tack...it's going to be a Portuguese/Kurdish restaurant, specializing in, basically meats and salads. Lots of high quality kebabs, ribs, etc with salads. He said they are Kurdish themselves and they feel that people are tired of Italian restaurants, so they're gonna take a risk and try something different. I'm delighted. Mix it up a bit!

I know it's not the same, but we've been to a Lebanese restaurant in town a few times and their food selection is amazing, something along those lines would be great.

Hope it works out for them.

Fantastic, I will absolutely try that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Burn...!!!!

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Anyone knows if there is a plan, on what is going to be build on the south entrance of the village?
    The part before "Fairfield" and across the "Willows" is marked for industrial/commercial use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

Anyone know what they are at around by Lidl/Mac's corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Barney224 wrote: »
    huh?

Probably in reference to you speeding

Wizard! wrote: »
    Anyone knows if there is a plan, on what is going to be build on the south entrance of the village?
    The part before "Fairfield" and across the "Willows" is marked for industrial/commercial use.

Where have you seen this marked as industrial/commercial, have you a link?

Where have you seen this marked as industrial/commercial, have you a link?

https://www.meath.ie/system/files/upload/Dunshaughlin%20Local%20Area%20Plan%20incorporating%20Amendment%20No.%201_0.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

I've just moved to Dunshaughlin and am trying to figure out the best way to commute in to Dame St.

Can anyone guide me on what the 109 bus timetable in reality looks like in terms of arrival e.g departing between 7am and 8am and on the way home from 4pm to 6.30pm.

I got it once at 6am and at 5.30pm. The morning trip was ok (turned up late but got in quickly) but the evening trip was tough going and I didn't get home till after 7pm. Is that the norm?

Sillan is ok but not flexible enough for me in the morning and I don't have a car to get to the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Beau wrote: »
    I got it once at 6am and at 5.30pm. The morning trip was ok (turned up late but got in quickly) but the evening trip was tough going and I didn't get home till after 7pm. Is that the norm?

Sillan is ok but not flexible enough for me in the morning and I don't have a car to get to the train.

What time do you have to be in for? I would be interested in hearing from people on the travelling too since my partner and I are interested in Dunshaughlin as well.

You should see if anybody in the area would allow you to car pool with them. Maybe there is some Facebook group?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like the new cafe called Queenies will be opening soon beside the post office. I really hope it goes well for them.

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like the new cafe called Queenies will be opening soon beside the post office. I really hope it goes well for them.

I noticed the name on the window too today,

Looks like they are looking for staff too

https://www.simplyhired.ie/search?q=Queenie%27s&l=Dunshaughlin%2C+County+Meath&job=N8U3LxM_4cXlwk8qMLlkIG8ARc8nvzuahdoci7eMxtrAxmWx6jsQeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

red_bairn wrote: »
    What time do you have to be in for?

Anytime before 9:30. The earlier you come in you can leave at 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I saw on the Dunshaughlin Grapevine FB page that there was 2 car robberies in Fairfield last night.

• Advertisement

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I saw on the Dunshaughlin Grapevine FB page that there was 2 car robberies in Fairfield last night.

Kays taken through the letterbox I heard.

Has anyone had Sinn Fein around looking for signatures to get the rail line going again? They called in to someone I know but not to me yet. I wonder what their angle is. The last thing I read about it was Navan trying to get a Dunshaughlin station removed from the project as the added cost made the line unattractive financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Kays taken through the letterbox I heard.

Has anyone had Sinn Fein around looking for signatures to get the rail line going again? They called in to someone I know but not to me yet. I wonder what their angle is. The last thing I read about it was Navan trying to get a Dunshaughlin station removed from the project as the added cost made the line unattractive financially.

No angle ! ?

Cllr Darren O'Rourke was out and about in Dunshaughlin looking to get a petition signed to get a rail line extended to Dunshaughlin.

https://www.change.org/p/minister-for-transport-a-train-service-for-dunshaughlin?fbclid=IwAR2gsV5HfC4HYnMLp4tBNCAK_Iyz4g2FezG1VpiHqxGyB3B5XU62huJaeNo

Great reaction to it in the area and online.

Maysa07 wrote: »
    No angle ! ?

Cllr Darren O'Rourke was out and about in Dunshaughlin looking to get a petition signed to get a rail line extended to Dunshaughlin.

https://www.change.org/p/minister-for-transport-a-train-service-for-dunshaughlin?fbclid=IwAR2gsV5HfC4HYnMLp4tBNCAK_Iyz4g2FezG1VpiHqxGyB3B5XU62huJaeNo

Great reaction to it in the area and online.

I mean their strategy to get it kickstarted again. My understanding was the budget for this kind of infrastructure was already signed off on and the rail line was not on it. Political pressure can't be the strategy, Dunshaughlin is too small.

I mean their strategy to get it kickstarted again. My understanding was the budget for this kind of infrastructure was already signed off on and the rail line was not on it. Political pressure can't be the strategy, Dunshaughlin is too small.

Indeed, The government say there isn't the population demand for such a service.
    This will hopefully get there attention, If it get's enough signatures from residents in Dunshaughlin, Ratoath Ashbourne and surrounding areas.

Worth a go i guess, Have to keep some kind of pressure on.

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Indeed, The government say there isn't the population demand for such a service.
    This will hopefully get there attention, If it get's enough signatures from residents in Dunshaughlin, Ratoath Ashbourne and surrounding areas.

Worth a go i guess, Have to keep some kind of pressure on.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it happen and will happily sign a petition for it. Meath CC shot themselves in the foot with the scoping exercise for the rail line with a proposed spur to Ashbourne at the time. Madness! Something needs to happen public transport wise though. Traffic/increased population and reliability of BE bus services is making the commute pretty miserable.

The traffic is getting worst for sure. I left Dunshaughlin at 6:30 this morning, Got to Donnybrook at 8:30. So for the rest of this year i will have to start leaving 6.

The N3\M3 is jammed so early now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Massimos has reopened this evening under complete new name and branding and is called Tenoo. No more Italian dishes. It seems to be salads and Portuguese/turkish food.

I like the look of the menu but my parents won't be going back to it, they really dislike the style of food on the new menu, they loved Massimos.

Menu can be viewed https://tenoo.ie/Tenoo_menu.pdf?fbclid=IwAR34OWxD61f1C5zvlKzOUeyvW-oe8QTeArE-UxFIaVnD4jzTtfifoZAZess

I can find a ton of Italian to go, but a good kebab is scarce. However the "Portuguese" part is just 2-3 dishes.

Two people were spotted walking around Cnoc Tiarnach/Grange Park area between 1 and 5 am this morning, checking front doors for keys within reach of letterbox. Please be careful!

• Advertisement

Two people were spotted walking around Cnoc Tiarnach/Grange Park area between 1 and 5 am this morning, checking front doors for keys within reach of letterbox. Please be careful!

Wow! That's the second notification re people looking to rob cars in Dunshaughlin in the last two weeks. I wonder if it's the same people.

As for Tenoo's, I think it looks great, they've put a good bit of money into completely redesigning it so hopefully the effort will be reflected in the food. I personally think it's great that it's not an Italian. Practically every pub and restaurant in the country does Italian food, so it's good to see them try something different.

Plate and Palette is quite nice as well. Good option to have.

Advertisement