Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Dunshaughlin news

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Any word on who has bought the county club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭maik3n

The new Lidl estate seems to be open now.

I had a wander through Greenane the other day and there does seem to be a pedestrian entrance from said new estate. It was still temporarily blocked off though and remains to be seen if it will actually be utilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

All rumours. I’ve heard Conor McGregor bought it and a Romanian Mosque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Haha! I’ve also heard the guy who now owns the Arch bought it - Can’t trust any word going around!!

The 10KM race is on this weekend, expect traffic disruptions around 7-9pm. Always a good buzz around the village that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Andymj93

Hi,

I hope this is the correct thread but myself and my partner are thinking of moving out to Dunshaughlin in the next 12-18 months and would love to hear more about the area (good and bad) from those who live and/or have lived there. We've spent the day there in recent months and love the town and area but would like more info on the area in terms of pubs, restaurants, sports/fitness, safety, transport etc. We are both from Dublin so moving to Dunshaughlin would be a big move for us both.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Andy

Long time blow-in to Dunshaughlin here (around 25 years!) so have seen the village dramatically develop into the little town it is today.

There’s currently 5 pubs in the village, 2 of them (Sibin and Peter’s) provide food options. There’s Gourmet Food Parlour and Tenoo restaurants which can be hit and miss.

The local athletics club Dunshaughlin A.C and football (soccer) Dunshaughlin Youths FC have their grounds in the Willows estate on the Dublin side of the village, where as the Gaelic club is on the opposite side of the village. There is a gym in the Community Centre in the secondary school, however it’s quite small. There are a number of local personal trainers who provide classes etc on their own premises scattered around the village and industrial estate. No swimming pool yet however Trim, Navan and Ashbourne are all within 15/20 mins drive and have better facilities.

There are plenty of shops for general groceries, as well as Chinese, Indian and plenty of barbers and hair salons (it’s a running joke at this stage, when one closes another opens!)

Transport, the 109 will take you to Navan/Kells / Cavan (& in the opposite way Blanchardstown & Dublin City), 109A will take you to Ratoath - Ashbourne / Airport , the new 109B towards Kilmessan / Trim I believe. It has been widely criticised in the past in terms of Bus Eireann reliability but it seems to have improved recently. There is a live tracking system too. The M3 is a short drive from the village too, peak traffic is quite busy as expected.

Dunshaughlin has been quite safe, I have noticed a slight increase in certain members of society in the area causing some disturbances but there is a decent community watch via the “Grapevine” Facebook group for all residents. The Garda station is barely open (once a week if lucky) so if you need anything you will have to rely on Ashbourne.

I live in the centre of the village and love it, most of the people are very friendly and there is a community atmosphere. The yearly “Harvest Festival” brings a great buzz to the village, every September, you should go if you’re thinking of moving to the area!

Any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Lawless have Trad music this Thursday 22nd Aug at 9.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭maik3n

Do we know who/what is moving into Jim O'Brien carpets?
    Is it another salon/hairdressers 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭joficeduns1

Dunshaughlins been selected for the Town Centre First scheme and the local Town Team are now looking for some public feedback on what you'd like to see. Hopefully some people can spare a few minutes to complete the survey and get some ideas going https://forms.microsoft.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=l5a3NfDaDkCkdiFvl84dZTVWDTlmzIVMlazefHsw8DFUNEZNSFk1OUUyS00xMlNHODJYRFVFTEg2MS4u&origin=QRCode&route=shorturl

• Advertisement

Great weekend for the Harvest festival. Gets better and better every year. The park was a great location and was laid out well. Nice to see all the families out and about.

Advertisement