Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Gonzo wrote: »
    Eir Urban FTTH rollout starts in January and some homes in the Supple Park area are now passing for it with speeds of up to 1000meg available to order from the new year. This should become more available in other parts of Dunshaughlin throughout next year.

Any more news on this? I was just on to eir yesterday and they could not confirm anything. I also have an email alert set up with SIRO to let me know when that is available, but so far nothing from them yet. I have a Virgin line to my house but am out of contract next month. They are absolute gougers unless you are a new customer so having an alternative would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I know this is petty but the height of some of the election posters in Dunshaughlin are a joke. Was out for a jog last night and the amount at waist and shoulder height on lamposts and electricty poles are a disgrace.

Do the MCC not remove these ?

My understanding is County Councils will remove election posters if they are reported to the council...

Here's a list of Guidelines on the Erection and Removal of Election Posters, I found on Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council website after a quick search.
    Guidelines on the Erection and Removal of Election Posters:
    1. Election posters should only be erected (a) not earlier than 30 days before the poll date
    or (b) from the date the Minister makes the order for the holding of the poll, whichever
    is the shorter period. The time limit for Referendum posters is not restricted to 30 days.
    These posters are allowed from the date the polling day order is signed. The effective
    date for the erection of posters for the Local Elections 2019 is from Wednesday, 24th
    April 2019 until Friday, 31st May 2019.

2. In accordance with the Litter Pollution Act 1997, as amended, election posters and ties
    must be removed within 7 days after polling date. Failure to do so may result in
    prosecution. The associated fixing arrangement particularly plastic ties must be
    removed at the same time the poster is being removed.

3. No adhesive or metal fixings are permitted.

4. The Party or individual responsible for the poster must be clearly indicated on the
    poster.

5. Posters must not be erected on:
    (a) lamp standards with overhead line electricity feed, traffic signal poles, bridge
    parapets and overpasses, pedestrian bridges, barriers or railings, roundabouts,
    roadside traffic barriers and must not block or obstruct motorists view of
    pedestrians or other traffic
    (b) statutory signage of any type
    (c) motorways

6. There should be a minimum clearance of 2.5 metres (8ft) from the lower edge of any
    poster to ground level on footpaths and 3.2metres (10ft) on cycle lanes and no posters
    should be placed higher than 6.5 metres (20ft) from the ground.

7. Political parties/independent candidates are reminded that no claims for damages
    arising from placing, displaying or removal of their posters will lie with the Council and
    they may consider it appropriate to take out Public Liability Insurance in this regard

8. Where the Council incurs costs in the removal of posters these costs may be
    recovered.

Election posters that do not comply with these conditions or that are erected
    on Council property prior to the declaration of an election will be removed by
    the Council. In the event of a breach of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 – 2009,
    prosecutions may be initiated.

I know this is petty but the height of some of the election posters in Dunshaughlin are a joke. Was out for a jog last night and the amount at waist and shoulder height on lamposts and electricty poles are a disgrace.

Do the MCC not remove these ?

Well this is just too cheeky or they need a bigger ladder!!!

These two posters are outside the County Council Offices in Dunshaughlin, Hoey's Poster is about a 1m from the ground, well below the guidelines of 2.5m from the ground. The cut end of the cable trays are pointing out so it's dangerous to children passing by it too...

501477.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hoey's Posters from Dunshaughlin to Ratoath are all very low. They must not have had a ladder!

Anyone going to the Meath on Track meeting in Navan this evening? I think the rail line is a huge issue for our area. I heard Thomas Byrne on VM1 saying FF are pledging to do it. Darren O'Rourke SF has it on his posters too I notice. Is anyone credible in this promise/pledge?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Anyone going to the Meath on Track meeting in Navan this evening? I think the rail line is a huge issue for our area. I heard Thomas Byrne on VM1 saying FF are pledging to do it. Darren O'Rourke SF has it on his posters too I notice. Is anyone credible in this promise/pledge?!

Although the rail line would be hugely beneficial to the county, I still think that promoting industries to set up in Meath is far more important. There are many people, including myself, who still don't want to have to commute to Dublin every day.

Even with a rail line, commuters will still have to travel to a station, most likely struggle to find a parking space, pay for the privilege of parking and then still have to make a journey into the city and get off at docklands. And then on the journey back, it'll probably be standing only!

chewed wrote: »
    Although the rail line would be hugely beneficial to the county, I still think that promoting industries to set up in Meath is far more important. There are many people, including myself, who still don't want to have to commute to Dublin every day.

Even with a rail line, commuters will still have to travel to a station, most likely struggle to find a parking space, pay for the privilege of parking and then still have to make a journey into the city and get off at docklands. And then on the journey back, it'll probably be standing only!

Well I'd like to think as part of the creation of the line, there would be facility for shuttle buses to run to the stations put in place. I do agree with you that promoting Meath as a location for business is important also, but I think the train line would actually be a catalyst for that. The two strategies are linked.

Breaking News on the Meath Chronicle website this afternoon...

It was posted on another thread here a little earlier
    Shire to create 400 new jobs in Co Meath
    Takeda to sell Dunboyne plant
    Story by Ann Casey
    Thursday, 30th January, 2020 3:01pm

The shock news that Takeda, the company that bought Shire last year is planning to sell its new facility at Dunboyne has led to calls on the IDA and the government to launch a special task force to find a new buyer .

Employees at the multi million euro facility were told this morning of the company's plans to sell the Dunboyne facility and local politicians were also informed of the move.

In a letter seen by the Meath Chronicle, Susan Hynes, site lead at the Dunboyne plant, said that Takeda plans to divest the facility as a going concern, with no redundancies intended for the employees on site.

"A strategic review of Takeda’s global biologics manufacturing network, initiated following the acquisition of Shire, identified that production capacity at Dunboyne is no longer required. Takeda has commenced the process of seeking the most suitable buyer and is confident in the successful divestiture of the facility. Dunboyne Biologics is a state-of-the-art, flexible manufacturing facility with leading-edge capability, a highly educated and skilled team, which will be an attractive asset for a future buyer."

Dunboyne's Cllr Damien O'Reilly has called for the creation of a task force to urgently launch an action plan.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2020/01/30/4185066-takeda-to-sell-dunboyne-plant/

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Breaking News on the Meath Chronicle website this afternoon...

It was posted on another thread here a little earlier
    Shire to create 400 new jobs in Co Meath

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2020/01/30/4185066-takeda-to-sell-dunboyne-plant/

Really?! Wow that is pretty unbelievable. There is a risk that site becoming vacant long term which would be a shameful waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Any more news on this? I was just on to eir yesterday and they could not confirm anything. I also have an email alert set up with SIRO to let me know when that is available, but so far nothing from them yet. I have a Virgin line to my house but am out of contract next month. They are absolute gougers unless you are a new customer so having an alternative would be great!

I got an email from siro saying its comng soon,that was mid december, im not sure really when itll come,there is eir 1GB in parts of dunshaughlin
    Virgin is a bit of a joke,the cables went down outside my door almost 2 years ago now,still no rollout

• Advertisement

Noticed this morning that some of the election posters have been removed but also noticed a few in the hedges or people's gardens so maybe the wind on Friday evening knocked them off !

A320 wrote: »
    I got an email from siro saying its comng soon,that was mid december, im not sure really when itll come,there is eir 1GB in parts of dunshaughlin
    Virgin is a bit of a joke,the cables went down outside my door almost 2 years ago now,still no rollout

I've had Virgin for a year now and looking to move. Their prices are ridiculous once you go out of contract with them. Internet is amazing but TV box is shockingly bad. My preference is to go with FTTH but I cant get an answer from anyone if a line can be brought to my house. I'm waiting 5-10 working days for eir to get back to me, but not holding my breath! Hopefully we are close to SIRO rollout.

I got an Email saying SIRO now available at my address, you'll prob have to ring the providers because your address usually won't show up on their own websites for a while yet.

A320 wrote: »
    I got an Email saying SIRO now available at my address, you'll prob have to ring the providers because your address usually won't show up on their own websites for a while yet.

Fantastic. I saw the cables coiled on a pole on my road but no indication of when it will be set up my side. Can you give a general location of where your address is A320?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Anyone knows a (legit) service to come and pick up a large amount of boxes, plastic bags and foam sheets (from appliances) ?

I know stores are supposed to get them back, but:
    1. There are too many to transfer them, I would need a van and time (which I don't have)
    2. I got appliances for 3 different stores and furniture from 3 more, plus boxes with our staff that moved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Wizard! wrote: »
    Anyone knows a (legit) service to come and pick up a large amount of boxes, plastic bags and foam sheets (from appliances) ?

I know stores are supposed to get them back, but:
    1. There are too many to transfer them, I would need a van and time (which I don't have)
    2. I got appliances for 3 different stores and furniture from 3 more, plus boxes with our staff that moved

https://www.skipsonwheels.ie/ highly recommended, if you give them a description or send a photo they will give you a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

I could be mistaken, but as far as I know there is a legal obligation on the part of electrical retailers and distributors to take back cardboard and polystyrene from consumers EVEN IF the goods may have been purchased from other suppliers.

So the OP may only have to make one journey to off-load his/her packaging. A phone call to WEEE Ireland should clarify that...worth trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Jayball09

Morning folks. Anyone know a local shop where I can get duck eggs please?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Archiebello

https://youtu.be/7rZnbK1a-cU

Spotted this on YouTube this week. Interesting review of the local boozers from a Guinness drinkers perspective.

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/7rZnbK1a-cU

Spotted this on YouTube this week. Interesting review of the local boozers from a Guinness drinkers perspective.

Funnily enough I find the pints in Sibin terrible. Well Guinness anyway.
    Maybe its just because its a pub I just dont warm to for some reason.

Funnily enough I find the pints in Sibin terrible. Well Guinness anyway.
    Maybe its just because its a pub I just dont warm to for some reason.

Agreed they are terrible and even worse upstairs. I always found The Arch the best for a Guinness, but Peters was good last time I went. Food was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Arch has gone the the dogs with the new owners for a Guinness unfortunately. I'd be in the lounge regularly and have moved back to Carberrys. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

rizzee wrote: »
    Arch has gone the the dogs with the new owners for a Guinness unfortunately. I'd be in the lounge regularly and have moved back to Carberrys. Shame.

How often would a pub clean its taps? I mean the guinness doesn't care who has the deeds to the property

How often would a pub clean its taps? I mean the guinness doesn't care who has the deeds to the property

Taste can be very subjective. Don't like the new owner, don't like the Guinness now, maybe? Or perhaps new staff/bad pours ,or they changed lines/location of the kegs. Short draw is best I was told!

SIRO Gigabit broadband now showing as available on the address checkers on Vodafone etc,I'm gonna give them a call Monday to cancel my current subscription to get a proper deal because the deals they told me on the chat are a joke for a long term customer,I can switch to other providers for better deal anyway

The County Council have closed the playground & Gym equipment in the park in the village in relation to COVID-19 Safety Measures.

For more info please visit the link below:

https://www.meath.ie/notices/updates-on-meath-county-council-services-in-relation-to-covid-19-safety-measures

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

GeneHunt wrote: »
    The County Council have closed the playground & Gym equipment in the park in the village in relation to COVID-19 Safety Measures.

For more info please visit the link below:

https://www.meath.ie/notices/updates-on-meath-county-council-services-in-relation-to-covid-19-safety-measures

I've never seen so many people out and about since all of this started!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

I know, I know.................. we should take what's said on social media with a pinch of salt but I've seen it mentioned that there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Dunshaughlin now.
    Anyone else heard about it? :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

maik3n wrote: »
    Anyone else heard about it?
    There is at least one confirmed case in Fairfield. One man hospitalized.

Advertisement