Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Oh wow, didn't hear about that at all.

Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

A deer wandering through the village last night...

https://www.facebook.com/849299938508624/videos/607592329837387/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Fantastic. I saw the cables coiled on a pole on my road but no indication of when it will be set up my side. Can you give a general location of where your address is A320?

Would anyone by any chance know the state of boradband at the moment, I know we have all been promised fibre. Eir are offering 1gb for €55 a month with €86 after 24 months. I am terrified to go with them as they have such a poor track record and no customer service. I am with Vodafone right now but my God it is so bad, just to do this post alone I've waited 2 hours for a connection. Has any of you guys out their good any good experience?

Any runners on here?

I'd get out nearly everyday, but I've only recently started running "the Gallops" / area near leshamstown lane with the horses. Is this private land or open to runners/walkers? I know there is a sign saying closed 10am-2pm.l for horse riding or something.

On my usual run last week, I had a woman stop me (evening time) on it, I didn't know whether I was running on her land or what the story was.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Diddleydoo wrote: »
    Would anyone by any chance know the state of boradband at the moment, I know we have all been promised fibre. Eir are offering 1gb for €55 a month with €86 after 24 months. I am terrified to go with them as they have such a poor track record and no customer service. I am with Vodafone right now but my God it is so bad, just to do this post alone I've waited 2 hours for a connection. Has any of you guys out their good any good experience?

they are all using the same phone lines, and if so, then changing from Vodafone to Eir (or Sky etc) will do nothing if external line is the issue. Have you checked if SIRO available in your area (fibre to your house) as that liekly will be best service and also fastest speeds?

https://siro.ie/search-your-address/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Waesfjord wrote: »
    they are all using the same phone lines, and if so, then changing from Vodafone to Eir (or Sky etc) will do nothing if external line is the issue. Have you checked if SIRO available in your area (fibre to your house) as that liekly will be best service and also fastest speeds?

Have Virgin Fibre to the door. 250 MB. You can get up to 500 MB.

Service is good, router is OK. I added a netgear router and put the virgin router in modem mode. Works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

What vodafone connection do you have, as I was actually thinking of takin a punt with them for the 300mb fibre.

Currently have a very old school eir connection.
    We can upgrade to fibre with eir but will only get a max speed of 15mbps. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

I left Vodafone because they never showed up to install the SIRO 1GB BB after I had taken time off work and got no reason,I wreckon they never passed the job onto KN networks,I switched to sky for TV and 1GB BB and it's cheaper deal and yes they are working under the essential services banner...

Waesfjord wrote: »

Thank you Waesfjord, yes I have checked with SIRO using my eircode and sadly it is not available, yet..

maik3n wrote: »
    What vodafone connection do you have, as I was actually thinking of takin a punt with them for the 300mb fibre.

Currently have a very old school eir connection.
    We can upgrade to fibre with eir but will only get a max speed of 15mbps. :(

My plan is called 'simply broadband' which is supposed to give UP to 50mpbs. It used to be good, between 30-40 mpbs but now it is like the old dial up connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

My plan is called 'simply broadband' which is supposed to give UP to 50mpbs. It used to be good, between 30-40 mpbs but now it is like the old dial up connection.

I think you do need to also consider the home usage all the broadband providers are currently experiencing, with everyone at home either working or watching Youtube, Netflix or Disney+ etc so I'm not surprised to hear it's slower

In saying that, I am getting a good speed still from Vodafone, I just checked now and here's the results:

9250846429.png

Diddleydoo use the link below and see what you are getting..

https://www.speedtest.net/

I'm now experiencing the same as you Diddleydoo, is your bandwidth the some or has it improved? Anyone else experiencing slow speeds?

9290898497.png

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I'm now experiencing the same as you Diddleydoo, is your bandwidth the some or has it improved? Anyone else experiencing slow speeds?

9290898497.png

Just tested with my Virgin Media connection 251mbps Down 25.7 up.

Thats on a wireless connection about 15 meters from my router.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

I see another significant development is being planned for in the village.

www.grangeendshd.ie

I see another significant development is being planned for in the village.

www.grangeendshd.ie

That's a great find Metalpanic.

I was thinking Grange Park was going to extend into those fields, but wow that's a significant development been planned.

It's also interesting to see the planned route of the outer relief road from The Willows.

https://www.grangeendshd.ie/sites/default/files/docs/19-023-P252-Indicative%20Future%20Outer%20Relief%20Road%20Layout.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

That's a great find Metalpanic.

I was thinking Grange Park was going to extend into those fields, but wow that's a significant development been planned.

It's also interesting to see the planned route of the outer relief road from The Willows.

https://www.grangeendshd.ie/sites/default/files/docs/19-023-P252-Indicative%20Future%20Outer%20Relief%20Road%20Layout.pdf

Is it located in the fields beside Grange Park?

That drawing showing the planned route of the outer relief road from The Willows, also shows another development, an extension to the Lagore Housing estate at the back of Crannog, there as reference tag on it (4Ba26148).

https://www.grangeendshd.ie/sites/de...d%20Layout.pdf

andreac wrote: »
    Is it located in the fields beside Grange Park?

Yeah, on the Ratoath Road.

That drawing showing the planned route of the outer relief road from The Willows, also shows another development, an extension to the Lagore Housing estate at the back of Crannog, there as reference tag on it (4Ba26148).

https://www.grangeendshd.ie/sites/de...d%20Layout.pdf

I think that is going to be a new council estate. I can’t find details on it other than what I’ve been told by someone in construction. The developer is from the North I believe.

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Just tested with my Virgin Media connection 251mbps Down 25.7 up.

Thats on a wireless connection about 15 meters from my router.

Sorry I've taken so l9ng to reply. There has not been any improvement in my service, sometimes I think it is getting worse.

• Advertisement

A320 wrote: »
    I left Vodafone because they never showed up to install the SIRO 1GB BB after I had taken time off work and got no reason,I wreckon they never passed the job onto KN networks,I switched to sky for TV and 1GB BB and it's cheaper deal and yes they are working under the essential services banner...

On the Drumree Road at The Downs there is a lamp post with miles of what I think is fibre cable hanging there. Does anyone know about it? Siro appears to have come to a halt in the area.

I think that is going to be a new council estate. I can’t find details on it other than what I’ve been told by someone in construction. The developer is from the North I believe.

The traffic on the Drumree Road rat run is going to be horrendous when schools reopen.

The traffic on the Drumree Road rat run is going to be horrendous when schools reopen.

100%

Is there any update on that ring road down by the Willows toward Lagore/Ratoath?

Same on St Seachnails Road with all those new estates emptying onto it as well as the new ALDI and the 109A stopping on it making it impossible to pass. I really don't know how these plans are getting through. Dump as many houses as possible into an area and pay lip service to the infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

rizzee wrote: »
    100%

Is there any update on that ring road down by the Willows toward Lagore/Ratoath?

That ring road will only get built when the new houses in the Grange development come on board I believe.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    That ring road will only get built when the new houses in the Grange development come on board I believe.

That is my understanding of the application also. Hora will build "their" section of the relief road and realign the Ratoath road.

Anyone know whats happening in the town today. Large Gardai presence. I have seen 5 to 6 cars and jeeps and the helicopter. They have been around for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joffrey

I read every post on every page haha. My partner and I are moving into the Ivy Hall block of apartments just the street of where the lawless pub is, we were delighted to get a rental there we have applied for a ton of places and the market was still so competitive we had to put our interest forward on the spot.

Would appreciate any help with the following

The apartment has a sky dish hooked up to it, is the sky broadband improved much and decent there now?

Is there any live music in the town?

The 109 bus, if I need to be at Pearse street for 9 am I ok leaving around 7.15

It seems there's a fair share of runners, Id like to join if there's any sort of organised running get togethers I would love to take part.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

Joffrey wrote: »
    I read every post on every page haha. My partner and I are moving into the Ivy Hall block of apartments just the street of where the lawless pub is, we were delighted to get a rental there we have applied for a ton of places and the market was still so competitive we had to put our interest forward on the spot.
    A very warm welcome to the village.

Hope I can help with some of your queries.
    Would appreciate any help with the following

The apartment has a sky dish hooked up to it, is the sky broadband improved much and decent there now?
    Fibre has been rolled out in various areas around the village but from checking on the eir website, Ivy Hall only has Speeds of up to 90Mb available.
    So it would follow that Sky broadband has the same kind of speed.
    Mind you, 90mb is still relatively good I guess.
    Is there any live music in the town?
    Lawlesses Pub usually has live music. However, with the COVID situation as it is, I'm not sure we will be seeing any live music again anytime soon.
    It seems there's a fair share of runners, Id like to join if there's any sort of organised running get togethers I would love to take part.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    A lot of people just run socially themselves but we do have a very big and longstanding Athletics Club.
    Feel free to get in touch with them.
    http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/dunshaughlin.athleticclub/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joffrey

Thanks that's great. Don't get there till next Tuesday but getting all my homework done. Much appreciated

Advertisement