Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Just on the Grange End SHD point, were there any conditions to the approval? It seems like a fairly high density development from the docs submitted on eplanning.ie. The road realignment also seemed to be not much more than removing the ditch and widening the existing road to include a footpath and cycle lane. Was kinda they would get rid of those hairpin bends once and for all.

I think bat habitats had to be put in. Alterations to the distance between trees and cycle paths. Nothing major from what I can remember. A more detailed traffic management plan was asked for so that might bring alterations to the road, but I thought that turn in the road was to be more than just widening the road. It’s been a while since I’ve seen the submission though.the original traffic plan never accounted for Aldi being on the same street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭maik3n

maik3n wrote: »

Severe lack of hairdressers up that end of the village.....

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

maik3n wrote: »

And this is the article referred to in the above letter to the editor.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2020/09/11/more-change-for-the-streetscape-of-dunshaughlin/

This is the article relating to the 200 plus houses in the next phase of Grange Park

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2020/09/11/decision-this-month-on-212-home-application-in-dunshaughlin/

• Advertisement

GeneHunt wrote: »
    This is the article relating to the 200 plus houses in the next phase of Grange Park

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2020/09/11/decision-this-month-on-212-home-application-in-dunshaughlin/

The permission was granted for the other houses mentioned on the Lagore Road.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Grange End SHD was approved on Wednesday.

Anyone know why there are so many power cuts lately? Something has to be up, it’s too frequent to be random accidents at this stage.
    Wizard! wrote: »
    Someone wrote on the Dunshaughlin Fb group yesterday that a bird was tangled in the cables yesterday. Haven't find any reliable source though.

Really? It took out Ashbourne and Ratoath too. Would make you wonder about the power supply wouldn’t it?! I noticed the village came back in stages too. Village first, then out to Campus and after that much later.
    Its the third cut in a month. The length of time it takes for power to be restored would make you think its something major. The volume of people working from home at the moment probably isn't helping. I imagine the residential network is not built for that? Dunshaughlin grapevine went into overdrive with hysteria last night between people saying they weren't going to pay their esb bills and blaming all the new houses. Didnt see anyone comment that maybe all the objections to the Meath connector pylons a few years ago should be reconsidered.

Hi, apparently a tree had partially fallen onto powerlines in a field at the back of the Pitch and Pull and the Ardlea estate on the Drumree road (approx. here). As there was reports from locals of a loud bang / flashes each time this area was energised, they tried to report this to ESB Networks, but couldn't get through to them.

The reason the power came back in stages is because the ESB Network engineers on the ground had to power up the different areas, one at a time as they didn't know where the issue was.

I suspect this tree was damaged during storm Ellen on the 20th of Aug, we had a power outage that night too. If the tree had only partially fallen down near to the powerlines - but not on them and just enough for the power to arc to the tree/ground it would cause an outage in the area, which would be difficult for engineers to find, for it to be found someone would need to see / hear it happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it was also the cause of the outage on the 30th of Aug too.

There was also a power outage back on the 6th of July, that outage was probably related to a lightning strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RachBrissie

The permission was granted for the other houses mentioned on the Lagore Road.

Hi, can you send me a link to where you saw this? Thanks

Sorry I should have been more accurate with that. I heard it was granted by someone lined up to work on it.

Planning Application: SH307244 (Meath CoCo)

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/SH307244/0

Planning permission was granted with 30 conditions, I having sat down and read them yet, but it looks like it got the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is Maddens closed down? 6 cases reported from staff members there.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

rizzee wrote: »

Also walked past Sandys Creche in Grange Hall, look closed?? Any news about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Also walked past Sandys Creche in Grange Hall, look closed?? Any news about that

Sandys is open

Sandys is open

The Hillview one or the Grange Hall one?

Grange Hall one is definitely open.

Wow really? I thought it looked closed when I passed it the other day actually, but I didn't think twice about it. 6 cases must be the whole staff? Must have been having lunch altogether.

I've heard there was one confirmed case, the others are probably self isolating.

I understand Maddens did a deep clean over the last few days, they're reopening tomorrow (Wednesday) ;)

Not sure if true, but I did hear there was three cases in the Community College :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

I've heard there was one confirmed case, the others are probably self isolating.

I understand Maddens did a deep clean over the last few days, they're reopening tomorrow (Wednesday) ;)

Not sure if true, but I did hear there was three cases in the Community College :eek:

Seriously?? I stay out of the town as much as possible but this is not good to hear..

New secondary school for Dunshaughlin has just been announced.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2020/10/16/breaking-news-new-secondary-school-for-dunshaughlin/

New secondary school for Dunshaughlin has just been announced.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2020/10/16/breaking-news-new-secondary-school-for-dunshaughlin/

I honestly thought that was already announced and planned for. It's going to be on the education campus beside The Willows right? Where the football pitches are now currently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I honestly thought that was already announced and planned for. It's going to be on the education campus beside The Willows right? Where the football pitches are now currently?

You are thinking of the Primary school.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    You are thinking of the Primary school.

Which is currently "temporarily" located beside the GAA club house on the Drumree Road.

I wonder is there jointed up thinking going on here???

There was an extension of the Dunshaughlin Community College approved by the Government only last month :confused:

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2020/09/02/the-long-awaited-extension-has-been-approved-by-norma-foley/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭franglan

Any painter recommendations guys? Just moving into the area and place needs a good lick of paint. Anyone reccomend one who's a good balance of quality at a decent price!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

franglan wrote: »
    Any painter recommendations guys? Just moving into the area and place needs a good lick of paint. Anyone reccomend one who's a good balance of quality at a decent price!

I'll send you a PM of guy that did ours recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Off topic. Is it me or is there an element of roughness creeping into Dunshaughlin?

hoanymole wrote: »
    Off topic. Is it me or is there an element of roughness creeping into Dunshaughlin?

Little bit, but what triggered the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Little bit, but what triggered the question?

Mainly the amount of rough looking teens around the village in the last 9 months. The litter in the park, fireworks being fired into the playground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Seems to be more feral teens about. Probably no different to the rest of the country in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Mainly the amount of rough looking teens around the village in the last 9 months. The litter in the park, fireworks being fired into the playground.
    Although I am concerned about all that, in fairness I would say the whole lockdown/restrrictions/covid situation is the root cause.
    I mean, most of them were here last year, don't think one year older made them rough.

Advertisement