Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH At house but not on Map

Options
  • 12-01-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I currently had FTTC which is a long distance away thus getting very slow speeds and intermittent drops for streaming, video calls Voip etc.

I can see a FTTH Pole a few yards down the Road from which my neighbour got FTTH and went from what we have to 70+mb.

I thus went to eir and ordered FTTH but after a number of issues, the order had actually been for FTTC while i was told it was FTTH and the engineer that came out wouldn't do that work (it goes on but wont go into detail).

They insisted on cancelling that order and asked me re rebook. I called back and they refused to place a order for FTTH because that option isn't available on they computer system (not now but was before), while i'm looking at a FTTH pole just outside my home.

Randomly I spoke to a Eir engineer who was parked outside my home and he said that there is no issue with that home, mine being connected to that pole to provide FTTH.

Eir refuse to listen to what i'm saying.

Any suggestions on how to get around the system that says I cant to the engineer who says i Can?

Njon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

njon wrote: »
    I currently had FTTC which is a long distance away thus getting very slow speeds and intermittent drops for streaming, video calls Voip etc.

I can see a FTTH Pole a few yards down the Road from which my neighbour got FTTH and went from what we have to 70+mb.

I thus went to eir and ordered FTTH but after a number of issues, the order had actually been for FTTC while i was told it was FTTH and the engineer that came out wouldn't do that work (it goes on but wont go into detail).

They insisted on cancelling that order and asked me re rebook. I called back and they refused to place a order for FTTH because that option isn't available on they computer system (not now but was before), while i'm looking at a FTTH pole just outside my home.

Randomly I spoke to a Eir engineer who was parked outside my home and he said that there is no issue with that home, mine being connected to that pole to provide FTTH.

Eir refuse to listen to what i'm saying.

Any suggestions on how to get around the system that says I cant to the engineer who says i Can?

Njon
    Hi jnon, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ordering the FTTH service. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement