Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build finish date

Options
  • 12-01-2018 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, we purchased a new build and THE EA told us that it should be finished by June 2018. In people's past experience have their EA/Builders been spot on with this or is it known to drag out for longer? Our loan offer will expire by end of July and we won't be in a great position to reapply at that stage. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Bro81 wrote: »
    Hi, we purchased a new build and THE EA told us that it should be finished by June 2018. In people's past experience have their EA/Builders been spot on with this or is it known to drag out for longer? Our loan offer will expire by end of July and we won't be in a great position to reapply at that stage. Cheers

In our current experience the date the EA originally told us was last August. We are now looking at an April completion date. I would take what builders/ EA say with a large pinch of salt. Delays seem to be inevitable and unpredictable particularly if it’s the 1st phase of an estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

westsider wrote: »
    In our current experience the date the EA originally told us was last August. We are now looking at an April completion date. I would take what builders/ EA say with a large pinch of salt. Delays seem to be inevitable and unpredictable particularly if it’s the 1st phase of an estate.

Thanks for that, that would be a disaster in our case. I hope it's done sooner for you, The estate is in its final phase and the house I purchased has it's foundations in and is built up to about waist height at the moment just for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Who is the builder? I've bought new twice and one was late and one miles early. Pm me if you want.

Incidentally the early one was perfect...had two snags....the late one had 360!

amtc wrote: »
    Who is the builder? I've bought new twice and one was late and one miles early. Pm me if you want.

Incidentally the early one was perfect...had two snags....the late one had 360!

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Replied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

We were give the dates Apr to Jun as an estimate of when the house would be completed. We finally got the keys around mid June.

It will probably be a tight finish but hopefully it will be ok.. in regards to getting an extension on the loan offer is it much hassle?

It will probably be a tight finish but hopefully it will be ok.. in regards to getting an extension on the loan offer is it much hassle?

We got a six month extension had to supply recent payslips and bank statement so wasn’t too much paperwork.

We got a six month extension had to supply recent payslips and bank statement so wasn’t too much paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

We are two months late but two weeks of that was Christmas holidays so nearer 6 weeks actually.

Loads of things can delay the build - our major delay was getting it connected to the ESB grid as they were too busy fixing storm damage and the builders could do nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I would not trust the expected completion date given by an estate agent. We put down our deposit in July and were told the house should be ready by the end of the year. The house was finished in September the following year.

Who should i speak to in order to get a more accurate date? Can you ask to speak to a foreman or would even just pulling up to the site and asking one of the lads working there? I drove up last week and the house is built up past head height if that means anything to you's

I don't know if you can get a more accurate date so far out, you just need to allow for delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

We were told April, got the keys at the end of July. Had to reapply for mortgage approval as we had originally needed to show approval in the previous September when purchasing. We had anticipated it so been applying with various banks at staggered times and then had a choice when it came to drawdown

Can you apply to another bank in May or the latest date you feel you will get credit approved?

Some banks offer 12months approval so you should have plenty of buffer there.

Can you change banks mid way through a HTB application?

Advertisement