Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I keep my old landline number after house move (2 miles away)?

Options
  • 12-01-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I moved house just 2.2 miles away on the 4th December, and was hoping to keep my landline number.

Firstly, is it possible?

I contacted the Home Move team and was told I couldn't keep my number.   Then I was talking to a friend who moved from Balbriggan to Swords and kept their number, so I rang again and asked, and was told it would be done but would take a week.  Then today, 8 days later I get a call to say it can't be done.

The move has been a disaster, it took over a month to activiate broadband (on a house that had broadband), and was given two different numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Rubylad wrote: »
    I moved house just 2.2 miles away on the 4th December, and was hoping to keep my landline number.

Firstly, is it possible?

I contacted the Home Move team and was told I couldn't keep my number.   Then I was talking to a friend who moved from Balbriggan to Swords and kept their number, so I rang again and asked, and was told it would be done but would take a week.  Then today, 8 days later I get a call to say it can't be done.

The move has been a disaster, it took over a month to activiate broadband (on a house that had broadband), and was given two different numbers.
    Hi Rubylad,

Please send me your full name and account number and I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rubylad

Thanks, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Rubylad wrote: »
    Thanks, PM sent.
    Perfect, thanks.

I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement