Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway :mad:

Options
  • 12-01-2018 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Unfortunately, I'm awaiting delivery of a parcel through Fastway. The courier arrived at 9:45 this morning but I wasn't able to accept delivery (I work nights, so I was asleep). So I went onto their website to see if I could get the drivers details. On chrome, Microsoft internet explorer and my mobile phone, the courier locator option wouldn't work. So I ring the Dublin depot... "You are 28th in line"... So I wait, patiently, for an hour 45 minutes, "You are next in line". 15 minutes later..."The person at ext xxx is unavailable, please leave a message". I leave a message with my mobile number and that's the end of the call! That was 20 minutes ago and still no reply. I rang the depot again and there was a queue 30 long this time! Oh, and their Customer queries portion of there site isn't open to the public apparently https://fastwayforms.wufoo.eu/forms/customer-queries/

Needless to say, I don't like Fastway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

colbarr wrote: »
    On chrome, Microsoft internet explorer and my mobile phone, the courier locator option wouldn't work.
    Something is wrong your end then because it works perfectly here on FF, IE, Chrome and Edge. Where are you, I can look it up for you if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Thanks, I'm in Artane. It must be my Virgin Media Broadband, but that's a rant for a different thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No information for Artane, and entering just Dublin returns loads of results but only one or two have mobile numbers. I'm with Virgin Media too FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

colbarr wrote:
    Thanks, I'm in Artane. It must be my Virgin Media Broadband, but that's a rant for a different thread!

It's not. The problem is their site that is getting to show mixed content (http and https) and this is blocked.

Try refreshing the courier locator with http instead of https and it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Jaysus was on to them myself today I think I can quote the on hold spiel word for word. Like you I was not 'delighted at every stage of the delivery'. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Check they didn't leave the package in your bins or similar, apparently fastway have a tendency to this without telling you!

The driver locator thingy is meant to be gone, too many calls to drivers apparently. It is still there but not up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

The driver locator thingy is meant to be gone, too many calls to drivers apparently. It is still there but not up to date.
    As an ex courier,I totally sympathise with the drivers on this one.
    Say I have 50 drops for the day and a route organised.I've done city centre,Ringsend , Ballsbridge and am now in Dalkey.
    Then someone who wasn't in from Pearse St rings me up looking for her parcel.I've still got half a days carefully planned deliveries to do,but the customer will want you to drop everything and waste 2 hours driving back into town then back out again.
    How can you kindly tell someone that it's just not going to happen?

vandriver wrote: »
    As an ex courier,I totally sympathise with the drivers on this one.
    Say I have 50 drops for the day and a route organised.I've done city centre,Ringsend , Ballsbridge and am now in Dalkey.
    Then someone who wasn't in from Pearse St rings me up looking for her parcel.I've still got half a days carefully planned deliveries to do,but the customer will want you to drop everything and waste 2 hours driving back into town then back out again.
    How can you kindly tell someone that it's just not going to happen?

I hear you but courier companies bring a lot of it on themselves. These days it should be possible to track a two hour window and also to display where the vans are on a map and whether your parcel is onboard. However I agree, being able to ring the driver is complete madness, they're right to stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »

If Sicily can do it with the tour buses DHL can do it with their vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Same problem here - Littlewoods status says "We delivered a parcel which we were authorised to deliver without capturing a signature by leaving it in a safe delivery location" - nothing in the porch or over the gate. Checked with three neighbours but no luck there.

Contact page on the website is down - no answer from Dublin warehouse number.

Really poor response.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Same problem here - Littlewoods status says "We delivered a parcel which we were authorised to deliver without capturing a signature by leaving it in a safe delivery location" - nothing in the porch or over the gate. Checked with three neighbours but no luck there.

Contact page on the website is down - no answer from Dublin warehouse number.

Really poor response.

Did you check inside your bins? I've heard lots of people this happening too. I got a fastway delivery the other day, they threw it over the gate, no note or anything, I only spotted it coz I went to hang clothes out, in the winter people don't tend to use their gardens much, a note in letterbox will take a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thestones wrote: »
    ..., a note in letterbox will take a few seconds.

Can the franchisees even write? But kidding apart they probably don't leave a note as that can be used as proof that they didn't do the job they are paid to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

my3cents wrote: »
    Can the franchisees even write? But kidding apart they probably don't leave a note as that can be used as proof that they didn't do the job they are paid to do.

When I was a courier,I found a neighbour who would take the parcel in and sign for it.Then left a note in the door.Wasn't exactly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Melendez wrote: »

DPD have something like that.
    It works off the GPS in the drivers scanner.
    You can check van location and how many stops away it is.

vandriver wrote: »
    When I was a courier,I found a neighbour who would take the parcel in and sign for it.Then left a note in the door.Wasn't exactly rocket science.
    Littlewoods have a facility on the account details to give instructions for where the courier can leave the parcel if there is no response - but we hadn't given any such instructions, The status on the Fastway site contradicts this, saying "We delivered a parcel which we were authorised to deliver without capturing a signature by leaving it in a safe delivery location"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Just get back to Littlewoods, and say you have not received the item. The delivery contract is between them and fastway.

Sorry - forgot to update the outcome. I did get onto Littlewoods and they were fairly decent about it. They said they would do 'driver interview' to see what happened.

In the meantime, a guy called to the door with the package. It had been delivered to the completely wrong street - a street that matches our area name. So if our address is;

10 Lovely Gardens
    Mytown

they delivered it to

10 Mytown Gardens

instead. Idiots.

I told Littlewoods the story, but didn't get much of an impression that they would do much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sorry - forgot to update the outcome. I did get onto Littlewoods and they were fairly decent about it. They said they would do 'driver interview' to see what happened.

In the meantime, a guy called to the door with the package. It had been delivered to the completely wrong street - a street that matches our area name. So if our address is;

10 Lovely Gardens
    Mytown

they delivered it to

10 Mytown Gardens

instead. Idiots.

I told Littlewoods the story, but didn't get much of an impression that they would do much about it.

They are paying peanuts so what do you expect from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭worker bee

I've found Fastway quite good - you get regular updates telling you when the parcel is on their van and what time window it will be delivered in.

The drivers usually put my parcel in my recycling bin and text to tell me.

In the 'customer requests' part of buying online I normally ask them to do this or ask them to leave it with any neighbour (I'm lucky - they're all nice) but 90% of the time the parcel is in the recycling bin.

Glad you got sorted anyway.

Del2005 wrote: »
    They are paying peanuts so what do you expect from them?

I expect that they'll deliver the parcel to the right house.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

worker bee wrote: »
    I've found Fastway quite good - you get regular updates telling you when the parcel is on their van and what time window it will be delivered in.

The drivers usually put my parcel in my recycling bin and text to tell me.

In the 'customer requests' part of buying online I normally ask them to do this or ask them to leave it with any neighbour (I'm lucky - they're all nice) but 90% of the time the parcel is in the recycling bin.

Glad you got sorted anyway.

That's all well and good, but I ordered my parcel from Amazon, and Fastway was their courier of choice for delivery within Ireland on this occasion. Therefore I wasn't afforded such a luxury of choosing options. You could say it's Amazons problem (but really fastway should contact the recipient with said options), but I have had issues with fastway before when they said my parcel was in a safe place, but that safe place was behind my upturned doormat, which is the type that has a s**tload of holes in it. When I got home on that occasion, it was very clear there was a package there.

Advertisement