Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Hoping for another music announcement soon, Do you reckon there will be a lot more additions?
    Would love to see some or all of Eden, Columbia Mills, Bleeding Heart Pigeons, Tiz McNamara,Wyvern Lingo...

I think Tiz McNamara is moving abroad so unlikely to be there. Unfortunate as he's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mushy wrote: »
    I think Tiz McNamara is moving abroad so unlikely to be there. Unfortunate as he's really good.

Is he the cork lad? Must check his stuff out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Snow Patrol?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

greenspurs wrote: »
    Snow Patrol?

Please, no :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »

Is he the cork lad? Must check his stuff out

Yup indeed. He's playing cork twice in the next week, missing him both times. Although I guess there's nothing stopping him being booked and coming back for them either, its just he said some shows are his last in Ireland for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

More names are coming early next week according to their facebook! They posted a Jack Colleran tune (Mmoths) so I presume he will be in the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

does anyone have an idea on how strictly the no over 12 and u/21 age restriction will be enforced. Will be in the area with my family on summer hols, really like the look of the line up and as a Deise boy in exile excited at the prospect. Teenage kid will be spitting bullets if she's left at home for the weekend when her young sister can tag along.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got my tix this week after a lot of hum and hawing, can't wait now. Looking forward to new additions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

foxes wrote: »
    does anyone have an idea on how strictly the no over 12 and u/21 age restriction will be enforced. Will be in the area with my family on summer hols, really like the look of the line up and as a Deise boy in exile excited at the prospect. Teenage kid will be spitting bullets if she's left at home for the weekend when her young sister can tag along.

Its hard to know as the festival has not happened before ... is the teenager 13? in which case I reckon you would be fine if she comes in with the family. You might get away with 14 ... my guess would be that 17 will not be allowed entry.

The main idea of these age restriction is to avoid the 16/17 year old groups of youths falling around drunk ruining it for the grown ups...

I am only guessing. I am considering bring our 13 yr old with a similar aged friend.... On the other hand she can fe€k off to her gran's for the weekend and give us some peace for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

More names are coming early next week according to their facebook! They posted a Jack Colleran tune (Mmoths) so I presume he will be in the announcement.

Good timing the sun is out down here for the first time in months..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Rumours of Alt J, no idea how true they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Band are free that entire weekend and touring Europe so a decent possibility. I'd be impressed if POD added another artist that big considering it's a 10,000 capacity festival. I've seen them twice before, really enjoyed them but wouldn't be in a rush to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

maximoose wrote: »
    Got my tix this week after a lot of hum and hawing, can't wait now. Looking forward to new additions :)

Did the very same myself could bear it no longer. No idea why I waited this long. Can't wait now ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Would be a nice addition

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

lc180 wrote: »
    Band are free that entire weekend and touring Europe so a decent possibility. I'd be impressed if POD added another artist that big considering it's a 10,000 capacity festival. I've seen them twice before, really enjoyed them but wouldn't be in a rush to see them again.

Can't see it happening as Alt-j are huge (and amazing). If it's true it'd be the best festival in Ireland by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Really hoping for Brian Wilson, around UK at that time and free (so far) for that weekend.

Also Laura marlings new project LUMP.

And NAO. I hope for a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Johnny Marr's got a new album out this summer too, just sayin' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

First Aid Kit sounding really good at Coachella.. Looking forward to seeing these ladies....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bicep would be a great addition. Fingers crossed

Synode wrote: »

Lemon twigs would be good also,

Hope someone working in bookings heard my musical wishlist prayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Synode wrote: »

He’s at forbidden fruit I think...was hoping he’d be at ep, missed him last year, think he clashed with kiasmos

Rfrip wrote: »
    He’s at forbidden fruit I think...was hoping he’d be at ep, missed him last year, think he clashed with kiasmos

Bicep is a duo ... clashed with The xx at EP last year. I opted for Bicep and was not disappointed with my choice. They were epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bicep is a duo ... clashed with The xx at EP last year. I opted for Bicep and was not disappointed with my choice. They were epic!

IMO, the xx is always a bit of a snoozefest too - great call Pablo!

Anyone reckon this is in danger of selling out soon? Considering getting tickets but wasn't planning on spending the cash just yet if I can avoid it.

Keep being surprised by how good the line up is when I check back in on it. Even with no extra additions, I'd have Fleet Foxes, First Aid Kit, Nils Frahm, Kelela, the Black Madonna, Jape, Talos, Saul Williams, Booka Brass and Fish Go Deep. And I wouldn't exactly be avoiding Underworld, Roisin Murphy or Mogwai!!

IMO, the xx is always a bit of a snoozefest too - great call Pablo!

Anyone reckon this is in danger of selling out soon? Considering getting tickets but wasn't planning on spending the cash just yet if I can avoid it.

Keep being surprised by how good the line up is when I check back in on it. Even with no extra additions, I'd have Fleet Foxes, First Aid Kit, Nils Frahm, Kelela, the Black Madonna, Jape, Talos, Saul Williams, Booka Brass and Fish Go Deep. And I wouldn't exactly be avoiding Underworld, Roisin Murphy or Mogwai!!

I would never avoid Mogwai !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I did the same. Excellent gig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sorry your right...this is me in a nutshell. Friday night full of bad decisions. Went to the XX....i think ...

announcement of 12 acts 2moro @10am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

So excited for this. Would love to see King King Company announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

danois wrote: »

Agree.. They'd have to be a shoe in for this festival..

• Advertisement

danois wrote: »

Never say never, hope you get what you ask for although they’re playing Waterford a couple of weeks later supporting basement jaxx

Advertisement