Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Never say never, hope you get what you ask for although they’re playing Waterford a couple of weeks later supporting basement jaxx

I think more the issue is that they're playing Indiependence Festival the same weekend as ATN. I'm sure the guys would love to play ATN but they had probably already signed up to Indiependence before ATN was announced and maybe they're stuck with some exclusivity contract for that weekend.

I would love to see a bit of hometown talent at ATN so I hope I'm wrong! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I think more the issue is that they're playing Indiependence Festival the same weekend as ATN. I'm sure the guys would love to play ATN but they had probably already signed up to Indiependence before ATN was announced and maybe they're stuck with some exclusivity contract for that weekend.

I would love to see a bit of hometown talent at ATN so I hope I'm wrong! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Well if not KKC maybe Danu or someone like that. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Yea its risky doing it the same weekend as 3 other festivals so they would want a strong line up or something that doesnt appeal to either of the 3 previous festivals

Independence is just an underage festival now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

bigpink wrote: »
    Independence is just an underage festival now

Ah TBF, Indiependence was always aimed at a younger crowd. Nothing wrong with it but not for me - literally nothing to do there except drink and watch music which is an issue when the music doesn't start until 5pm. But, the organisers know their crowd, they know the brand and it works - they've gotten bigger and bigger each year and, as far as I'm aware, managed to keep trouble etc to a minimum.

Now if they could just do something about the musical offering... :P

Anyone want to hazard a guess at who will be added today? All Irish offering or a few international names?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Ah TBF, Indiependence was always aimed at a younger crowd. Nothing wrong with it but not for me - literally nothing to do there except drink and watch music which is an issue when the music doesn't start until 5pm. But, the organisers know their crowd, they know the brand and it works - they've gotten bigger and bigger each year and, as far as I'm aware, managed to keep trouble etc to a minimum.

Now if they could just do something about the musical offering... :P

Anyone want to hazard a guess at who will be added today? All Irish offering or a few international names?

I'd imagine there'd be a lot of homegrown stuff on the list but i'd be hopeful for a few gems from elsewhere too even if they wouldn't be the biggest of names. What did they say, 10 stages?

In saying that they seem to have not spared any expense with the likes of Arcadia etc. so it's a tough one to call.

I'm open to being impressed again like with everything else they've done so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from the email:
    VILLAGERS have been prominent on the Irish and international scene since the release of their Becoming A Jackal. The record was nominated for tonnes of awards, including bagging nominations for the Mercury Prize and Choice Music Prize. In 2013 they released Awayland, which won the Choice Music Prize and was once again shortlisted for the coveted Mercury Prize. In 2016, their 3rd LP Darling Arithmetic won the prestigious Ivor Novello Award. With the release of their fourth studio album on the cards later this year, and a reputation as one of the most captivating performers on stage today, this show will be very special indeed.

We are thrilled to announce that hip-hop artist YASIIN BEY will be performing at this year’s festival. Since his emergence on the world stage in the late 90s, Bey, best known by his stage name MOS DEF, has earned a reputation not only as a highly respected recordingartist, but also as an actor and activist. Having started out as one half of Black Star with fellow hip-hop artist Talib Kweli, they recently announced that after 20 years they’ll be joining forces once again to work on a new album. In the meantime, we can’t wait to see what Bey has in store.

At the beginning of March, DAVID AUGUST released his second album, DCXXXIX A.C. This record sees August, who's been on hiatus for a year, embracing ambient music. The hour-long release is made up of 24 tracks, mostly recorded in single takes, that form "one long breath," as the artist puts it. This is the first release from his label 99CHANTS, a new platform through which August aims to put out 99 total releases from an array of producers. August was last heard with a pair of 12-inches for Ninja Tune's Counter Records offshoot back in 2016.

Next up, we’ve got a cast of performers and musicians collectively known as HERCULES AND LOVE AFFAIR. With an ever-revolving lineup, this dance project continues to mix genres like house and disco and all led by Andy Butler. Four albums later, collaborations with John Grant, Rogue Mary, the smoky voiced Krystle Warren and many more along the way helps keep the project inventive and creative. They have soundtracked thousands of dance parties with their fun disco sound!

With their fifth album Semicircle released at the start of this year, we are ecstatic to welcome Brighton band THE GO! TEAM to our stage. The six-piece produce infectious songs that are jam-packed with pop, rock and indie combinations. Famed for their awesome videos, their live shows are a treat - so prepare to dance and smile your way through their set. Expect ‘girl-group bubblegum, giddy cheers, and peppy drums’ (The Gaurdian)

22-year-old British musician ISAAC GRACIE will take to the stage. Inspired by familiar greats in Radiohead, Leonard Cohen, and Bob Dylan, Isaac has an instinctive knack for writing a devastating melody, and a voice honed to precision. His self-produced debut track Last Words was picked up by the likes of Huw Stephens, Annie Mac, Zane Lowe and John Kennedy, and has hit over one million plays! Following an acclaimed spot at BBC Introducing SXSW showcase in Texas, he has also appeared at Glastonbury, Latitude and The Great Escape. This month saw the release of his debut album “Darling I’m Not OK”.

Irish songwriters and musicians Oisin Leech and Mark McCausland are THE LOST BROTHERS. These are two very special musicians working in harmony and in unison. Since their debut album Trails of The Lovely in 2008 they have gone from strength to strength with the build-up to their brand new acclaimed album produced by Howe and Gabriel Sullivan called ‘Halfway Towards A Healing’ - “a sequence of beautifully crafted reflective songs that cruise along in an admirably unshowy way” - The Irish Times. Fresh from wowing audiences at SXSW in Austin this March, we look forward to their show.

J COLLERAN, formally known as MMOTHS, has dropped the moniker and has changed direction. An electronic producer and creator of textured pop-electronica, his latest release, "O+SOH" is a hypnotic sweeping soundscape, an amazing taster from his eagerly anticipated debut LP, which will be released this summer, ahead of his show at All Together Now!

Bristol based trio ELDER ISLAND are swiftly becoming renowned for their rich and unique sound. Katy’s sweet and soulful tones flow over multi-layered synths, beats, and melodic broodings to stir up any crowd to get up and dance. Sonically placed somewhere between the likes of The xx, Sylvan Esso, Mount Kimbie & Maribou State, there is no denying Elder Island are carving out a home for themselves in our musical landscape.
    The world’s most successful Beatles tribute band ever - THE BOOTLEG BEATLES have been bringing audiences of all ages sheer joy with their hit-packed setlists. Established in 1980, they have gone on to play huge, notable shows across the globe - and have become stalwarts and favourites of the Glastonbury Festival scene. Imagine lying back on the grass in the August sunshine while they play - love is all you need.

OSCAR JEROME has been honing his craft as a musician from a young age. He has worked as vocalist, guitarist and composer with countless acts and grown through the thriving South London music scene. Jerome brings all of his influences together, sighting artists such as Gil Scott-Heron, George Benson, John Martyn, The Clash, Ali Farka Toure and Jay Dilla. His creative vision is to make music with sincerity and pay homage to his countless inspirations. With an acclaimed live show that has taken in Boiler Room, Jazz Cafe, Union Chapel to name a few, Oscar Jerome is well on his way to becoming a major draw.

The atmospheric folk of MARIA KELLY will be a great addition to our line up. Growing up in Mayo, Maria spent many years crafting and developing her sound into a delicate blend of atmospheric-alt-folk. First taking influence from the story-telling elements of Irish-trad, as well as artists like Regina Spektor and Lisa Hannigan. Maria released her track ‘Stitches’ and was quickly named one of ‘The 50 Best Tracks of 2016’ in The Irish Times. The track went on to garner an impressive 180,000 streams on Spotify. Her brand new double sided single Dark Places / Small Talk is out on 27th April.

There will be plenty more announcements over the coming weeks with over 100 performers across 10 stages of music, theatre, comedy, spoken word & more. 12 miles of stone walls enclose the grounds, creating a magical space for this 15,000 capacity event. There will be plenty to see and to do, to spark your imagination, to capture your attention. Music to dance to, spoken word to be moved by, theatre to be entranced by, treats for the senses. Bespoke cocktails, fantastic feasts, musical treats and so much more.

281699fc-7432-4c1f-a96e-e6c1617355d6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

nothing there to get too excited about....maybe the Go team and mos def.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Bowlardo wrote: »
    nothing there to get too excited about....maybe the Go team and mos def.
    David August good too, he was at BnS a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The Lost Brothers and Isaac Gracie... Happy with those 2 for starters..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

There really is a bit of everything in this lineup

Very happy with Yassin Bey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

that was a bit of a let down ...... tbh.

No SisterSledge ;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Villagers for the missus .. David August & The Go! Team for me ... whats not to like?

Its just getting better and better.

(throws on David August Boiler Room Berlin to help with this work)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

They really have a nice mix of acts. A little disappointed with that announcement, although Isaac Gracie looked brilliant on Other Voices last week. Villagers, Lost Brothers, Go! Team, plenty to be getting on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'll give Oscar Jerome a listen too, based on those influences.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Looks like real thought going into this festival, bit of everything as mentioned above. Villagers great live...all good imo...all we need is the factor 50..: )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Villagers and Mos Def are good additions, not familiar with rest but I'll take it. THere's plenty there for me overall now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

David August is a good one.

Kiasmos is doing Beatyard this same weekend. They should really be trying to bring him down for this too and ask nicely for him and Nils Frahm to do a collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Weepsie wrote: »
    David August is a good one.

Kiasmos is doing Beatyard this same weekend. They should really be trying to bring him down for this too and ask nicely for him and Nils Frahm to do a collaboration.

that would be good but Nils and Mogwai doing 'The Lord Is Out Of Control', if it happened, could possibly be the greatest thing I could ever hear live.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Some good additions there. Has a very typical '2nd festival announcement' feel to it to be honest! I'm intrigued by the descriptions of Isaac Gracie and Lost Brothers who I'm not familiar with though.

Spotify is updated anyway! We'll crack on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MattD wrote: »
    Some good additions there. Has a very typical '2nd festival announcement' feel to it to be honest! I'm intrigued by the descriptions of Isaac Gracie and Lost Brothers who I'm not familiar with though.

Spotify is updated anyway! We'll crack on!

Any chance of a link? Would be keen to hear a bit of what is going on!

Edit: NVM! Search function... D'oh...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Any significance to the "special guests" tag given only to Villagers?

Quite happy with their addition anyway, and The Go! Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why only 2 Underworld songs? And one of them is Born Slippy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Synode wrote: »

just go to their live album on there ! WOW !!!! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Villagers for the missus .. David August & The Go! Team for me ... whats not to like?

Its just getting better and better.

(throws on David August Boiler Room Berlin to help with this work)

Wow some set thanks for heads up...!!

greenspurs wrote: »
    just go to their live album on there ! WOW !!!! :D

Ah yeah, excellent album (watch the live album version if you get a chance - the energy is something else and most of it was recorded at Creamfields Ireland - I was at it but chose to go see Sasha myself, a choice I don't regret).

The playlist could do with a few more Underworld songs though - Dark & long, Rez, Cowgirl, Two months off etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

greenspurs wrote: »
    that was a bit of a let down ...... tbh.

No SisterSledge ;)

Playing Townlands Carnival, Macroom Co Cork in July.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I got you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I always preferred the original of Born Slippy to the NUXX version.

Mind you they are different tunes rather than remixes. Maybe it sounds a bit ordinary nowadays, but it was epic in 1995 on a cassette in the car.

I love the way it comes in at 2.19 ... wooooo!

• Advertisement

I got you

See them there now. One thing though. While the version of Dark & Long you've put on the list is also excellent, the 'Dark Train' version is where it's at. It's the version playing in the background when the baby is crawling on the roof in Trainspotting. Beast of a tune :)

Advertisement