Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Playing Townlands Carnival, Macroom Co Cork in July.

They are also playing Daytripper in Waterford also ..... ;):D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Was just looking at the lineup for this. Looks great. Saw Fleet Foxes a few months ago and would love to see them again. Also would love to see Mos Def (or Yasiin Bey). And Chaka Khan. And Booka Shade for the 10th time... :pac: Really want to go but not sure if I'll have work off. But sure feck it it's about 90% likely I'll have the weekend off and it's only up the road really (living in Cork) so why not buy a ticket. Do ye think it'll sell out?

I really think a lot of the crowd that have given up on Electric Picnic (like myself) will be going. My Mother and all her friends have bought tickets. Will be a nice crowd I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

showpony1 wrote: »
    what demographic do you think will be at this, will it be families and late 30s/40s that are done with EP now or will still get a mid-20s crowd at it?

Mixed bag I'd say. My Mother is in her 50's and big crowd of them are going. Not sure would it attract a mid 20's crowd but then again I was in my mid twenties and few years ago and would have gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I'm looking forward to an older crowd (mid 40s) myself. Crowd at EP just seems to be getting younger and messier, although maybe that's just my age talking :D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I really think a lot of the crowd that have given up on Electric Picnic (like myself) will be going. My Mother and all her friends have bought tickets. Will be a nice crowd I'd say.

It's a pity they didn't have it on the same weekend as EP. Would really grab a lot of that demographic. As it is, they are competing with Beatyard, Castlepalloza, Independence etc which have already soaked up the more youth challenged crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

It's a pity they didn't have it on the same weekend as EP. Would really grab a lot of that demographic. As it is, they are competing with Beatyard, Castlepalloza, Independence etc which have already soaked up the more youth challenged crowd.

Yeah but at least it's going to be warm at night, ep gets so effing Baltic from midnight on

I'm dreaming of a sunny, dry festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have to go and buy a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

gavwaldo wrote: »
    Yeah but at least it's going to be warm at night, ep gets so effing Baltic from midnight on

It’s not baltic, it’s character building,

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Mogwai have a new tune out, 'Donuts' from the soundtrack of a film 'Kin' and its utterly utterly gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I'm dreaming of a sunny, dry festival

Bring it on.The sunny south east is not a myth.

I'm a soft southerner and believe the tempeture drops a degree every county I move north through.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

With the lineup this isn’t going to be just a retirement home for festival goers. I’m going with a big group all the same age (22)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

With the lineup this isn’t going to be just a retirement home for festival goers. I’m going with a big group all the same age (22)

I think a mixture is what a festival is all about. I'm 41 and just want to rewind the clock for the weekend.

On another note i heard the excellent Grandbrothers on Mystery Train last night. Definetly on the short list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose there's any b and bs or hostels near the festival site? Had a look the other day and they all seemed to be suggesting ones in Waterford city.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Will there be day tickets for this?

Will there be day tickets for this?

No......

I received my tickets on Monday .....

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't suppose there's any b and bs or hostels near the festival site? Had a look the other day and they all seemed to be suggesting ones in Waterford city.

I doubt it, Portlaw is a small village, and there isn't a massive amount of BBs around.
    And I would imagine travelling in and out of the Festival site (if you stay in a BB) will be tough going, as the connecting roads around this area are quite small , There will be Traffic Jams !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I asked ATN about leaving alcohol in the car and getting it as I needed it over the weekend and they said this was a no.

All alcohol must be taken in on the first entry and no further re-entry with alcohol will be permitted.

Just keep this in mind when unloading the car folks.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I asked ATN about leaving alcohol in the car and getting it as I needed it over the weekend and they said this was a no.

All alcohol must be taken in on the first entry and no further re-entry with alcohol will be permitted.

I love that we can bring our beer through out the site but this part is gonna be a pain.. Beer will need to be brought in with tent etc. Would have preferred to get in get tent up etc then head out for beer etc as I do at EP but it's a small price I suppose.. Trolley might be needed OR wheelbarrow :pac:

Also were hoping that some of the messing, nicking beer form tents etc, that go all else where won't happen... Don't fancy having my weekend supply nicked on the first night

I love that we can bring our beer through out the site but this part is gonna be a pain.. Beer will need to be brought in with tent etc. Would have preferred to get in get tent up etc then head out for beer etc as I do at EP but it's a small price I suppose.. Trolley might be needed OR wheelbarrow :pac:

Also were hoping that some of the messing, nicking beer form tents etc, that go all else where won't happen... Don't fancy having my weekend supply nicked on the first night

Will definitely need a trolley now. Hadn't even thought of the security side of it. It's never happened to me at a festival so just took it for granted things like that wouldn't happen here.

I suppose it's the price ye pay for having the option of taking your beer all over the festival.

If anyone spots a deal on a trolley can they throw a link up here please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I love that we can bring our beer through out the site but this part is gonna be a pain.. Beer will need to be brought in with tent etc.

no, the rule is beer must be brought in on your first visit. Avoid busting yourself by coming back for the tent etc on a second trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

no, the rule is beer must be brought in on your first visit. Avoid busting yourself by coming back for the tent etc on a second trip.

The wisdom of a seasoned festival-goer right here, folks.

OK.. I'm missing something here.. If I don't have my tent to pitch and store my beer where do I leave it when I got back for my tent...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just bring booze in a bag, and tent in your hands, put up tent, put booze in there, then go back and get clothes/food/toiletries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

just bring booze in a bag, and tent in your hands, put up tent, put booze in there, then go back and get clothes/food/toiletries.

meanwhile a "youth" will take said beer from your bag/tent while you're gone (later revealed to be someone's 50 year old Da)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

ryaner777 wrote: »

I don't think I'll camp as I'll take the shuttles in and out from Waterford City. Will I be able to bring drink with me into the festival arena on a daily basis as drink is permitted inside festival grounds?

All alcohol must be taken in on the first entry and no further re-entry with alcohol will be permitted relates to camping I would presume here? Can someone go back to campsite to bring more alcohol into the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

greenspurs wrote: »
    I doubt it, Portlaw is a small village, and there isn't a massive amount of BBs around.
    And I would imagine travelling in and out of the Festival site (if you stay in a BB) will be tough going, as the connecting roads around this area are quite small , There will be Traffic Jams !

Ah cheers, fair shout. I'd just prefer to spend money on fancy camping on a decent bed instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I don't think I'll camp as I'll take the shuttles in and out from Waterford City. Will I be able to bring drink with me into the festival arena on a daily basis as drink is permitted inside festival grounds?

All alcohol must be taken in on the first entry and no further re-entry with alcohol will be permitted relates to camping I would presume here? Can someone go back to campsite to bring more alcohol into the arena?

No you wont able to.

Buy a tent and keep the drink in it

No you wont able to.

Buy a tent and keep the drink in it

Yeah, as there is no single day tickets I'd presume everyone will use the camping entrance everyday, so same rules would apply to your re-entry after the first day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Good point but I'll seek clarification. There is no day tickets but also no obligation to camp. I still think I might be allowed bring drink into arena if I get off the shuttle bus at the entrance to the festival. It doesn't say you are allowed bring drink into the festival arena but only if you camp. Be nice to try clear it up.

I also wonder if they'll enforce the rule or only allowing drink being brought into the campsite on your first entry. Im happy to risk having a six pack of cold cans with me coming back in through camping on day 2. I'll have a mix of friends using the shuttle and camping.

Advertisement