Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Good point but I'll seek clarification. There is no day tickets but also no obligation to camp. I still think I might be allowed bring drink into arena if I get off the shuttle bus at the entrance to the festival. It doesn't say you are allowed bring drink into the festival arena but only if you camp. Be nice to try clear it up.

I also wonder if they'll enforce the rule or only allowing drink being brought into the campsite on your first entry. Im happy to risk having a six pack of cold cans with me coming back in through camping on day 2. I'll have a mix of friends using the shuttle and camping.

Every festival i've ever been at would tell me you won't, but you might as well contact them and make it official.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

88 days.. Who are we looking forward to seeing. My list so far is First Aid Kit, Talos, New Power Generation, Isaac Gracie, The Lost Brothers & The Bootleg Beatles.. Who else should I be listening to???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

eplady2017 wrote: »
    88 days.. Who are we looking forward to seeing. My list so far is First Aid Kit, Talos, New Power Generation, Isaac Gracie, The Lost Brothers & The Bootleg Beatles.. Who else should I be listening to???

Talos are/is very very good. Very much looking forward to that. I'd say Kelela will put on a good show, and The Black Madonna sound very good too. Naturally Fleet Foxes and Mogwai. Other than that I guess I'll just be seeing what I'm in the mood for at the time Electronic/rock/pop wise.

Assuming that there will be a good bit more announced in Comedy and Theatre etc which might throw up some more interest for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

No you wont able to.

Buy a tent and keep the drink in it

I have often done this to save the silly walk from the campervan field at EP ... buy a cheap pop up tent, put it near the arena entrance .. stock with beer. If it gets nicked, so be it ... you could always put a cheap radio in there and let it play for the weekend giving the impression that you are there. I don't bother with the radio thing and have never had my beer stolen doing this. Once i was accosted by some neighbours on the Sunday.. "hey what are you doing at that tent!" I must look dodgy, but I explained my strategy, shared a couple of cans and we were all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

My acts to see over the weekend

Essential:
    Fleet Foxes, Mura Masa, Nils Frahm, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), New Power Generation, David August, Talos, Oscar Jerome

Others:
    Biig Piig, Bootleg Beatles, Horsemeat Disco, The Black Madonna, Jimmy Cliff, Elder Island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Get some of The Go! Team into you, i saw them last week In Dublin. Brilliant fun live and loads of energy, they're a brilliant live festival band,, the lead singer Ninja is excellent. The were very big years ago, had a massive crowd at Glastonbury. New album is great as well.

Comedy line up coming tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Comedy line up coming tomorrow..

I would love to see Colm O'Regan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

32549707_438782379878451_5092818253609172992_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=688859efd3d6666efaf3d5c444da3082&oe=5B51EC7A

Comedy Line Up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

ryaner777 wrote: »
    32549707_438782379878451_5092818253609172992_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=688859efd3d6666efaf3d5c444da3082&oe=5B51EC7A

Comedy Line Up

I feared the likes of Alison Spittle would be there. Phew.

• Advertisement

Any comedy line up that starts with Tommy Tiernan is grand with me..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I didn't even realise there would be a comedy stage tbh, this is shaping up to be a great little festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

Delighted with that comedy line up. Are the best comedy acts usually on during the day or do they clash with the bigger music acts? My first camping festival in a few years. Can't wait for it.

Sideview wrote: »
    Delighted with that comedy line up. Are the best comedy acts usually on during the day or do they clash with the bigger music acts? . My firstst camping festival in a few years. Can't wait for it.

New festival so I guess we can't be 100% sure how it will work until we see stage breakdown. For EP comedy tent normally finishes around 9 so doesn't clash will main stage headliner anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I have 2 family tickets for sale. :(
    Got them in the presale, but now something has come up and we cant go !!!!!Gutted.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

17 new additions today.... including Thundercat, K Á R Y Y N, The London African Gospel Choir Performing Paul Simon's Graceland, Trinity Orchestra Performing David Bowie, Ciaran Lavery, Cloud Castle Lake & Fufanu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

17 new additions today.... including Thundercat, K Á R Y Y N, The London African Gospel Choir Performing Paul Simon's Graceland, Trinity Orchestra Performing David Bowie, Ciaran Lavery, Cloud Castle Lake & Fufanu

More cracking additions :)

More cracking additions :)

Unfamiliar with some of these but I'm already updated my Spotify list to give them a go.... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thundercat amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

A friend of mine has this idea that he'll sleep in his van out in the carpark, it's big enough for a mattress etc but not a camper van. I'm just wondering if the organisers, parking stewards can or will actually stop him doing this?
    Would there be a problem with him he heading out to his van every night and back in every morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

erica74 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has this idea that he'll sleep in his van out in the carpark, it's big enough for a mattress etc but not a camper van. I'm just wondering if the organisers, parking stewards can or will actually stop him doing this?
    Would there be a problem with him he heading out to his van every night and back in every morning?

can't see any problem with this as long as he's not doing daft things like lighting a fire or having a BBQ and blasting tunes from his car which will attract people. Sure a few people do this at Electric Picnic. As long as you have a weekend wristband coming and going isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

can't see any problem with this as long as he's not doing daft things like lighting a fire or having a BBQ and blasting tunes from his car which will attract people. Sure a few people do this at Electric Picnic. As long as you have a weekend wristband coming and going isn't a problem.

Ah okay, now I feel bad for laughing at his suggestion:pac: I thought it would be a problem. Nah, he's not planning on doing anything silly, just sleeping.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

erica74 wrote: »

It's officially against the rules in most if not all festivals. Probably enforced if they find you in the car, but likelihood of it happening are slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Happens all the time at Electric Picnic. I've slept in the car myself a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I have a friend who slept in his van at the car park at Body & Soul festival and Electric Picnic too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They have just announced that the mini Arcadia setup will be at the festival this year. Some of you might remember it from EP in 2010. I wonder what names will they fill it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MadYaker wrote: »
    They have just announced that the mini Arcadia setup will be at the festival this year. Some of you might remember it from EP in 2010. I wonder what names will they fill it with?

I remember seeing it at EP and it was unreal, like nothing I'd ever seen before.

My load in/load out work fell through for Forbidden Fruit and All Together Now, so filled in a volunteering form today, can't miss this. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I remember seeing it at EP and it was unreal, like nothing I'd ever seen before.

that was my recollection.

then I saw it at Metropolis a few years ago and it really wasn't all that great.

I'm fairly sure this current "Afterburner" isn't the same setup that was at EP 10 years ago. seemed way less elaborate and interesting.
    maybe I was just mangled at EP and a bit too sober at Metropolis though :pac:

grand for about 10mins and then just kind of boring.

Advertisement