Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

danois wrote: »
    I see no plastic bottles in the FAQ I assume that’s just disposable bottles. Was planning on bringing school bottles for kids. Also spotted no BBQs allowed hadn’t budgeted for feeding 4 kids on festival price food :( looks like they will be eating crisps and biscuits all weekend!!

premake salads, pastas, cheeses, breads, dips etc etc,

It'll be all good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

few hang sangwidges for them, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

eplady2017 wrote: »
    In the FAQ's section on the website they say
    " A shuttle service from Waterford City will be available. Details to follow."
    Could be an option for ya..

Ah cool. Thought that might only be for during the day but if it brings people back at night could be worth a try! Anyone know capacity, 10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah cool. Thought that might only be for during the day but if it brings people back at night could be worth a try! Anyone know capacity, 10k?

Be aware that that w/e is also Spraoi in Waterford, so I would expect low availability / high prices for hotels in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Full Spoken Word Lineup

Reggie Watts
    Suggs
    Will Self
    Saul Williams
    Neil Hilborn
    Tongue Fu
    Kevin Barry
    Leni Zumas
    Stephen James Smith
    Joshua Burnside
    Headstuff Lectures w/ Kevin McGahern and Eve Darcy
    Abby Oliveira
    Mango Dassle
    Mia Gallagher
    John Cummins
    Shakalak
    Jasmine Gardosi
    Colm Keegan
    Grace Dyas
    Erin Fornoff
    Oisin McKenna
    Elaine Feeney
    ATN Poetry Slam with MC Colm O’Regan
    Brownbread Mixtape
    Anna Cosgrave
    Richie Sadlier
    Joe Caslin
    Sarah Davis Goff
    Sarah Maria Griffin
    Dylan Coburn Gray
    Stephen Murphy
    Clara Rose Thornton
    Mod Words Cork
    Waterford LIT
    Juvenalia Podcast
    Ashoka Changemakers
    Alan Nolan
    Paul Timoney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

I see no plastic bottles in the FAQ I assume that’s just disposable bottles. Was planning on bringing school bottles for kids. Also spotted no BBQs allowed hadn’t budgeted for feeding 4 kids on festival price food :( looks like they will be eating crisps and biscuits all weekend!!

I assume you can bring plastic bottles of water into the campsite. You just can't buy them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

On the list of prohibited items it doesn't say plastic bottle.. I didn't think plastic was not allowed, just encouraging people to limit what they bring and be sure to recycle if they do..

Also, I'd have thought disposable BBQs were OK, just no gas ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Eod100 wrote: »
    In the FAQ's section on the website they say
    " A shuttle service from Waterford City will be available. Details to follow."
    Could be an option for ya..

I could have sworn they announced 10000 capacity but 15k figure given on latest promotional video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I could have sworn they announced 10000 capacity but 15k figure given on latest promotional video.

Was thinking the exact same thing so had a quick google and it says 10,000 on all the publications (RTE, Joe.ie, Golden plec etc..) so perhaps that chap just got his figures mixed up?

An area of that size could definitely take 15,000 but hope they don't go too much bigger than that. Hate the way EP has gone, cramming the campsites to within an inch of their lives.

Le Bruise wrote: »

Was thinking the exact same thing so had a quick google and it says 10,000 on all the publications (RTE, Joe.ie, Golden plec etc..) so perhaps that chap just got his figures mixed up?

An area of that size could definitely take 15,000 but hope they don't go too much bigger than that. Hate the way EP has gone, cramming the campsites to within an inch of their lives.
    The chap they had in front of camera said 15 for this year and that they hoped to extend it to 20 next year.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Will Rolfe from POD was the guy quoting that figure.
    https://youtu.be/Aof5E5v-yns

Feck. Can't post links. Anyway, the clip is on YouTube, from this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Just a heads up, phone reception is very poor in Curraghmore. No bad thing really as far as I am concerned, might leave the phone at home for the weekend even.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Just a heads up, phone reception is very poor in Curraghmore. No bad thing really as far as I am concerned, might leave the phone at home for the weekend even.

If that means less mobile phones being waved in the air then that is excellent news.

This festival just keeps getting better and better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'd be surprised if they didn't put up temporary mobile towers to cover the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

4 Weeks time, we'll be rocking up to Curraghmore House.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yeah, Will Rolfe from POD was the guy quoting that figure.

Site looks amazing.

I would expect mobile towers for phone reception. B&S had the mobile towers and 4G reception was perfect all weekend. (3 network anyway).

The licence definitely says 15,000 capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

They're banning plastic bottles, but does only mean for water ? How about soft drinks etc ?

I like the idea they all vendors have to serve in compostable containers. Hopefully theyll have enough brown bins around. Found that at Body and Soul there weren't enough of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Korvanica wrote: »
    They're banning plastic bottles, but does only mean for water ? How about soft drinks etc ?

I like the idea they all vendors have to serve in compostable containers. Hopefully theyll have enough brown bins around. Found that at Body and Soul there weren't enough of them.

It says on website fizzy drinks can be taken but only in cans. Not in plastic bottles. I wonder can I leave a 5ltr of water in the car and just use that to fill up kids school bottles. Mine only drink water. They don’t like fizzy drinks, oddballs I know!

Korvanica wrote: »

It says on website fizzy drinks can be taken but only in cans. Not in plastic bottles. I wonder can I leave a 5ltr of water in the car and just use that to fill up kids school bottles. Mine only drink water. They don’t like fizzy drinks, oddballs I know!

I don't think there's a "ban" on plastic bottles just that they are not for sale.

I think you can still bring in water in plastic bottles.

Anyone know different?

• Advertisement

Choochtown wrote: »
    I don't think there's a "ban" on plastic bottles just that they are not for sale.

I think you can still bring in water in plastic bottles.

Anyone know different?

This is what i thought too. Yet to find anything different. It'd be impossible to police along with everything else and the vast majority of plastic bottle waste generated at festivals is from vendors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

What about spirits for all the other festivals you have to transfer these to plastic bottles? They hardly can ban them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

dodo87 wrote: »
    What about spirits for all the other festivals you have to transfer these to plastic bottles? They hardly can ban them

The website does not say you cannot bring in plastic bottles.
    They only state that they will endeavor to reduce the use of plastic as much as possible.
    Even their own water containers contain a bit of plastic.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/sustainability

With regard to plastic bottles I just got the following reply from ATN

"We are encouraging as many people as possible not to bring plastic onto the site. We however do encourage you to bring a stainless steel bottle which you can use for water and top up at the water refill stations."

So not prohibited just discouraged...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Sorry for the confusion. I was just going by this glad it’s been cleared up.

Lads did we cover the crucial 'what beer is available' question in here yet?

Lads did we cover the crucial 'what beer is available' question in here yet?

I think we decided that it would probably be Bulmers run bars as that's what POD uses for FF... Not sure what exactly is served at FF and what price range is though!! If anyone could enlighten be great :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

wasn't at FF, but B&S had Bulmers running the bars too. €6.70 a pint (with 20c of that refundable).
    Five Lamps and Bulmers were the only two I can remember, there were probably other C&C brands too though.

I think we decided that it would probably be Bulmers run bars as that's what POD uses for FF... Not sure what exactly is served at FF and what price range is though!! If anyone could enlighten be great :cool:

Bulmers and Five Lamps is what they had at FF. So i'd expect the same at ATN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

wasn't at FF, but B&S had Bulmers running the bars too. €6.70 a pint (with 20c of that refundable).
    Five Lamps and Bulmers were the only two I can remember, there were probably other C&C brands too though.

Jesus that's pricey

Advertisement