Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Eod100 wrote: »
    Jesus that's pricey

It certainly is. Thank God for the free flow policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Jesus that's pricey

Because we can bring our own anywhere on site there is really no need to buy any if you don't want to.. Be great if they sold glasses of ice at the bar for say €1.. I for 1 would be very happy to pay for the odd one when my beer started to get warm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

wasn't at FF, but B&S had Bulmers running the bars too. €6.70 a pint (with 20c of that refundable).
    Five Lamps and Bulmers were the only two I can remember, there were probably other C&C brands too though.

At B&S you needed 10 glasses to get a refund. At least that was written on the glasses themselves. I didn't try it with one glass.

On the Saturday there were enterprising young folk (under 13), walking around taking peoples empty glasses. I am sure one of these chaps must have collected €100 worth that day. He was at the main stage for hours.

The €6.70 is expensive, but I guess it is to make up for the fact that we could bring our own drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As a Waterford man I hope this goes well and turns into an annual thing

Sadly won't make it but I'll still expect a big crowd. It's on the same weekend as the annual sproai festival

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PTH2009 wrote: »

Sadly won't make it but I'll still expect a big crowd. It's on the same weekend as the annual sproai festival

This is even more reason why there needs to be a bank holiday in July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is even more reason why there needs to be a bank holiday in July!

We have daytripper at the end of Aug too but it's a rather meh line-up tbh

It's great for the deise gig scene though

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Has anybody got their tickets yet? Sent ticketmaster an e-mail at the weekend and haven't got a reply as yet. Unfortunately due to unforseen events, i cant go, so need to sell my two tickets and a campervan ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Has anybody got their tickets yet? Sent ticketmaster an e-mail at the weekend and haven't got a reply as yet. Unfortunately due to unforseen events, i cant go, so need to sell my two tickets and a campervan ticket.

I must have got my tickets over a month ago. I didn't do the installment plan incase those have not been sent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

blaa85 wrote: »
    I must have got my tickets over a month ago. I didn't do the installment plan incase those have not been sent yet.
    Ah right, i did go the installment route, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I did the installment plan, got them last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

PTH2009 wrote: »

It will be a huge success, unless
    - its a wash out
    - traffic is chronic
    - the crowd is 30% heads from Carrick on yokes just there for born slippy.

This is the not so best kept secret of the festival calender.

Before ye Deise lads get carried away , POD have been wanting to have a festival on this site for years, it just so happen its in waterford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

At B&S you needed 10 glasses to get a refund. At least that was written on the glasses themselves. I didn't try it with one glass.

On the Saturday there were enterprising young folk (under 13), walking around taking peoples empty glasses. I am sure one of these chaps must have collected €100 worth that day. He was at the main stage for hours.

The €6.70 is expensive, but I guess it is to make up for the fact that we could bring our own drink.

You always see them at EP too, it's a great way of helping clean up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

lbj666 wrote: »
    It will be a huge success, unless
    - its a wash out
    - traffic is chronic
    - the crowd is 30% heads from Carrick on yokes just there for born slippy.

This is the not so best kept secret of the festival calender.

Before ye Deise lads get carried away , POD have been wanting to have a festival on this site for years, it just so happen its in waterford :D

Oh Gawd, I forgot about the Carrick crowd. Hope its not gonna like a scanger type rave.

According to ATN on FB, day breakdowns are due this week.... Hoping there won't be too many clashes.. My "to see" list is longer than I expected it would be...

First Aid kit, Talos, Fleet Foxes, When Young, New Power Generation, Isaac Gracie, The Lost Brothers, Elder Island, Basciville.. Also hoping to catch the Bootleg Beatles and Trinity Orchestra ...

Hoping someone will add a Clashfinder for the festival also...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Got mine months ago, but that was tier 1 or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

lufties wrote: »
    Oh Gawd, I forgot about the Carrick crowd. Hope its not gonna like a scanger type rave.

I hope there will be a scanger rave area lol I can pop in for a bit then come back and do the child friendly areas 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

lufties wrote: »

Hey guys you forget that there is three other festivals on, so the skanger situation will be probably spread out, Oribtal, Daniel Avery, Mr Scruff, Jenny Greene, Joy Orbison, Andy Weatherall at the Beatyard should attract a few too and theres Castle Palooza and Indiependence in Cork.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

www.alltogethernow.ie/stage-breakdown

Day and stage breakdown - no times though.

Friday - Chaka Khan, Mogwai (on second stage)
    Saturday - Underworld, Roisin Murphy, Mura Masa
    Sunday - Fleetfoxes, First Aid Kit, Villagers

Initial reaction for me is very good, devil's in the details for times though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looking good! Fairly happy with that, 7 or 8 acts I would like to see each day, we will see when the stage times come out about clashes now! Other than Arcadia I wonder is there many more to be announced? Probably not as most stages look pretty full. Will the music go on until 4am each night do we know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looking good! Fairly happy with that, 7 or 8 acts I would like to see each day, we will see when the stage times come out about clashes now! Other than Arcadia I wonder is there many more to be announced? Probably not as most stages look pretty full. Will the music go on until 4am each night do we know?

I would imagine so, its in the middle of no where and near a tiny town, it looks like there is woods there too, so probably a few Rave in the Woods type situations. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Any sign of an app with stage times etc on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

I see Suggs is on the All Curious Minds lineup , had a read up on it and not sure if hes speaking or playing there or what? Anyone have any idea ? :) Would love to see him there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

retrofest wrote: »
    I see Suggs is on the All Curious Minds lineup , had a read up on it and not sure if hes speaking or playing there or what? Anyone have any idea ? :) Would love to see him there

He's speaking. He's on his second one-man speaking tour in the UK, so he should be pretty practiced for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

alastair wrote: »
    He's speaking. He's on his second one-man speaking tour in the UK, so he should be pretty practiced for Waterford.

Ah I see , would have loved a set from him , Thanks :)

gandalfio wrote: »
    Any sign of an app with stage times etc on it?

If anyone makes a clashfinder, I will make an app.

Thanks PabloAndRoy... Your EP app is always better than the official one... No idea how to make a clashfinder but I'd also be very greatful if someone could make one.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Deal! Once the stage times come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

We're looking pretty good on the weather front, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

erica74 wrote: »
    We're looking pretty good on the weather front, right?
    Way too soon to call

• Advertisement

MattD wrote: »
    www.alltogethernow.ie/stage-breakdown

Day and stage breakdown - no times though.

Friday - Chaka Khan, Mogwai (on second stage)
    Saturday - Underworld, Roisin Murphy, Mura Masa
    Sunday - Fleetfoxes, First Aid Kit, Villagers

Initial reaction for me is very good, devil's in the details for times though!

What's with the "Saul Williams(Brunch with)"?

There is no sign of him anywhere else on that stage-breakdown... I don't want to have brunch ... I want to hear Grippo and Black Stacey and List of Demands.

Advertisement