Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Me too. Although a bit of smashed avocado would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

So what's the Hot Chip Megamix going to entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

gandalfio wrote: »
    So what's the Hot Chip Megamix going to entail?

"Hot Chip Megamix is unlike any other DJ set – it has a twist which enables the band to improvise once again as they play. Expect the unexpected as they stretch their wings to provide a festival soundtrack like no other." according to Festival No. 6 in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I was not going to attend this as I always travel home to Waterford for Sproai weekend but with the addition of Suggs to the sunday lineup my mates and I are now planning on going out for the day on Sunday to see him and Jimmy Cliff.
    Online, it says day tickets for the Sunday have to be accompanies by an under12 - does anyone reckon they will be strict on this as we are all around 30 with no kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Bluezar wrote: »
    I was not going to attend this as I always travel home to Waterford for Sproai weekend but with the addition of Suggs to the sunday lineup my mates and I are now planning on going out for the day on Sunday to see him and Jimmy Cliff.
    Online, it says day tickets for the Sunday have to be accompanies by an under12 - does anyone reckon they will be strict on this as we are all around 30 with no kids?

I'd say so. They clearly specifically want to avoid a huge influx on Sunday so have limited it to families. If they just let anyone in on a family day ticket that undermines the whole thing. Your call though - it's your money!

As previously noted here Suggs is speaking - not playing. Dunno if that changes your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

lufties wrote: »
    Oh Gawd, I forgot about the Carrick crowd. Hope its not gonna like a scanger type rave.

Great name for a band. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads I'm staying 10 or 15 minutes drive away. Any idea what the taxi situation will be? Probably only from Carrick or Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lads I'm staying 10 or 15 minutes drive away. Any idea what the taxi situation will be? Probably only from Carrick or Waterford?

I'd say the Waterford taxi's will be up the walls busy with the Spraoi, but there's a a couple of options in Carrick (Kozy, Spocks and Quinlans) and also AA Taxi's in Kilmacthomas. No idea if they'd do the festival run, but it's worth giving them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

chances of this selling out before the 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

D.Q wrote: »
    chances of this selling out before the 25th?

Not huge IMO, there is a lot on around the country that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I see they have stealthily changed the info on their website from 'Shuttle bus service from Waterford' to 'Shuttle bus service from Portlaw'.

Just a heads up if anyone was planning on using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What do you mean by the lads from Carrick, are you referring to the town Carrick-On-Suir that's on the Waterford/Tipperary border.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

I see they have stealthily changed the info on their website from 'Shuttle bus service from Waterford' to 'Shuttle bus service from Portlaw'.

Just a heads up if anyone was planning on using it.

I left a message on their Facebook, hopefully they'll clarify! Would be an awful pain otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 StephenOT

Might be a stupid question but I see on the map that there's a lake on the grounds. Will this be open for swimming does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

StephenOT wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but I see on the map that there's a lake on the grounds. Will this be open for swimming does anyone know?

Nah they mentioned a while back that it won't be accessible.

https://twitter.com/ATNfestival/status/1013782140427886592

A Floating Orchestra was mentioned in the original planning application but i'm not sure if that's going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Do ya reckon there will be any big acts announced for arcadia?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

StephenOT wrote: »

yes, that really is .........:confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

greenspurs wrote: »

It's not really stupid question, I was wondering this too until it was answered in this thread a few posts ago. The lake at EP has been open for swimming the past couple of years so it was possible this lake might have have been too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

greenspurs wrote: »

Not really a stupid question. There's lake swimming at Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

dmm82 wrote: »
    It's not really stupid question, I was wondering this too until it was answered in this thread a few posts ago. The lake at EP has been open for swimming the past couple of years so it was possible this lake might have have been too.

I read someone on here say that also but then I saw ATN's Twitter account reply to someone saying there would be no swimming allowed.
    I'll see if I can track down the tweet.

Edit : Found this tweet from July 2nd.

Hi. Unfortunatel festival goers will be unable to access the lake. Yes we will have hot tubs in our Lawns of Tranquility area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

lc180 wrote: »
    I read someone on here say that also but then I saw ATN's Twitter account reply to someone saying there would be no swimming allowed.
    I'll see if I can track down the tweet.

Edit : Found this tweet from July 2nd.

Hi. Unfortunatel festival goers will be unable to access the lake. Yes we will have hot tubs in our Lawns of Tranquility area.

I think EP had access between certain hours. But guess it would increase instance costs and would probably need to hire lifeguards too. It's nice idea in theory but practically say it might not be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's no swimming allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

WLR put up a story on their Facebook page stating that people will not be allowed to walk to Portlaw from the festival. Any ideas what that's about? I don't think I would anyway, just think it's a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

http://www.wlrfm.com/2018/07/17/67821/ Link to that story. Seems strange ?? If it's only 5 mins walk awake could be ideal to head into town to pick up supplies like ice to keep drinks and food cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Don't know the area, but on gmaps it doesn't look the safest road!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Home Store & More are selling all there camping gear half price at the moment, picked up a trolley for €6.50 ( may only get one go out of it but if it gets all the booze into the campsite be grand ) and lanterns for €2

ryaner777 wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/2018/07/17/67821/ Link to that story. Seems strange ?? If it's only 5 mins walk awake could be ideal to head into town to pick up supplies like ice to keep drinks and food cool.

Google maps has it at around a 45 minute walk (3.5 km) from ATN to Portlaw. Councillor Ray Murphy must have some speed walk on him if he's doing it in 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JayWalsh

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Google maps has it at around a 45 minute walk (3.5 km) from ATN to Portlaw. Councillor Ray Murphy must have some speed walk on him if he's doing it in 5!

It is 5 minutes walk from the main gates of curraghmore to the town, another 20/25 mins to the ATN site from the gates.

JayWalsh wrote: »
    It is 5 minutes walk from the main gates of curraghmore to the town, another 20/25 mins to the ATN site from the gates.

Ah ok fair enough, I was just going on the actual festival site and didn't realise the front gates were so far away.

I must say though, even if it was closer (and you were allowed), I'd have no interest in heading into town from the festival unless it's an absolute emergency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

I took a spin down for a look at the place over the weekend, such an incredibly beautiful site.

The drive into it is very very long and the roads around it and leading in are pretty bad. Im hoping they can manage traffic into it Friday, especially with the 12pm gates opening time.

Absolutely buzzing for it

Advertisement