Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Anyone knowing there will be an onsite shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was reading through their information section yesterday and it said there would be.

"SUPERMARKET:
    The supermarket will be located in the campsite village."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Anyone know what the story with kids is. I see you need to register I’ve done this but not received anything back. Do I just arrive on the day with the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

ryaner777 wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/2018/07/17/67821/ Link to that story. Seems strange ?? If it's only 5 mins walk awake could be ideal to head into town to pick up supplies like ice to keep drinks and food cool.

Someone mentioned earlier on that the shuttle bus is only going as far as Portlaw:confused:
    So if people aren't allowed to walk, how do they get from the shuttle bus to the venue?
    I see they have stealthily changed the info on their website from 'Shuttle bus service from Waterford' to 'Shuttle bus service from Portlaw'.

Just a heads up if anyone was planning on using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

If you look at the 'getting there' part of the website this isn't the case.

Shuttle buses mentioned from Waterford Train Station, also Bus Eireann services to the site.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/getting-here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

erica74 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier on that the shuttle bus is only going as far as Portlaw:confused:
    So if people aren't allowed to walk, how do they get from the shuttle bus to the venue?

No it originally said 'Shuttle bus from Waterford to site', then was changed to 'Shuttle bus from Portlaw to site' but now it's back to shuttle bus from waterford. :)

No it originally said 'Shuttle bus from Waterford to site', then was changed to 'Shuttle bus from Portlaw to site' but now it's back to shuttle bus from waterford. :)

I wonder did they change it back after the announcement about not being allowed to walk the route to the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Taken from the site:

Shuttle Bus

Bus Eireann will be running a shuttle bus to and from Waterford City and the festival throughout the weekend. Full details and timetables to be announced shortly.

That's good to hear. I'd say Shuttle bus will start at train station, go down to quay for a further pick up, perhaps one more stop on route and then either hit festival or Portlaw. I hope to and from festival site.

It seems like that was the original plan and then it was pivoted to Portlaw to the festival. That would mean you would have to get yourself at least as far as Portlaw every day to avail of the shuttle. The roads are very narrow with bends so they won't want people walking.

Here's hoping there is a regular shuttle service from Waterford city to the festival site.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

How many stages does this festival have?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

askU wrote: »
    How many stages does this festival have?

"16 stages of music, theatre, comedy, spoken word, food, wellbeing & more"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

is there a freeflow policy at this festival for booze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

showpony1 wrote: »
    is there a freeflow policy at this festival for booze :D

There is

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

There is

Now I really really wanna go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

"16 stages of music, theatre, comedy, spoken word, food, wellbeing & more"

I'm counting a total of 28 music acts over the weekend.

That's not much divided out over there days.

Opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm counting 28 music acts. That's not much divided out over there days.
    Opinion?
    you're missing a lot, there are many more than 28
    https://www.alltogethernow.ie/stage-breakdown

I'm counting a total of 28 music acts over the weekend.

That's not much divided out over there days.

Opinion?

I count 74 music acts and more to be announced (albeit smaller acts).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Trinity SU's facebook have just announced they're selling student tickets for 165 euro. Not just Trinity students, anyone with a student card. I'd already bought mine but if anyone's hesitant and is/knows a student that could be your mind made up!

I've bought discounted tickets to Forbidden Fruit from them before and there was no difference in the actual ticket, it wasn't designated student or anything, I'd imagine these will be the same!

https://www.facebook.com/trinityents/posts/10156461120489491

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

On the information page (https://www.alltogethernow.ie/information) they're saying gazebos aren't allowed. Anyone know is this one of those things that a lot of festivals say but don't enforce? I reckon we'll bring one down and if we get any grief we'll just take it down and throw it in a tent porch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Burkie94 wrote: »
    On the information page (https://www.alltogethernow.ie/information) they're saying gazebos aren't allowed. Anyone know is this one of those things that a lot of festivals say but don't enforce? I reckon we'll bring one down and if we get any grief we'll just take it down and throw it in a tent porch.

Think that just refers to the Campervan section. General camping at most festivals would have a relaxed enough attitude to an old gazebo.

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Think that just refers to the Campervan section. General camping at most festivals would have a relaxed enough attitude to an old gazebo.

^this
    There's always gazebos up in the general camping areas of EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Regarding the beer questions a few pages back, per Dungarvan Brewing Company's Facebook page they'll have a bar on the lawns.

Also Eight Degrees rumored to be there (no idea if true or not) as Jameson are a sponsor plus yes, Bulmers main sponsor so Five Lamps will be the main beer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tangled wrote: »
    Regarding the beer questions a few pages back, per Dungarvan Brewing Company's Facebook page they'll have a bar on the lawns.

Also Eight Degrees rumored to be there (no idea if true or not) as Jameson are a sponsor plus yes, Bulmers main sponsor so Five Lamps will be the main beer there.
    Are 8 Degrees connected to Jameson? Or I'm probably misreading your post ha

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are 8 Degrees connected to Jameson? Or I'm probably misreading your post ha

Eight Degrees were bought by Irish Distillers (Jameson's parent company) earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

On their FB just now:
    If it's not already hot enough, we are delighted to announce Eclair Fifi, Maribou State (DJ Set), Saoirse & DJ Deece along with some very special guest appearances performing on Arcadia Spectacular Afterburner. ��

Only just looked at the stage breakdown by day - Friday looks a little light compared to Sat & Sun - reckon there's more to come or is it just a scaled down day?

maximoose wrote: »
    On their FB just now:

Only just looked at the stage breakdown by day - Friday looks a little light compared to Sat & Sun - reckon there's more to come or is it just a scaled down day?

Probably scaled down. EP do something similar. Probably no need to enter the "arena" until 5pm or so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Tangled wrote: »

Would be very happy if that rumour was true. Would make me far more likely to use the bars if it's the case. Good having a cold pint or 2 before hitting the warm cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

So the gang who do AVA festival in Belfast are running the late night choons on the road to nowhere stage. By the looks of it they put a on very impressive setup of visuals etc. It looks really promising.

Arcadia announced some names plus "special guests" Groove Armada and underworld have done DJ sets for them before so I'd be expecting them to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Just got an email from Tangerine Fields to say that the only showers available to us will be in the general campsite, 1300m walk each way through the festival site!! Offering a full refund for anyone who doesn’t want to stay there following this announcement.

Luckily, i’m only there Friday and Saturday, but could imagine anyone there for the full weekend would be fairly annoyed by that.

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Just got an email from Tangerine Fields to say that the only showers available to us will be in the general campsite, 1300m walk each way through the festival site!! Offering a full refund for anyone who doesn’t want to stay there following this announcement.

Luckily, i’m only there Friday and Saturday, but could imagine anyone there for the full weekend would be fairly annoyed by that.

Ah now, that's poor. Wonder if it's down to the general water restrictions.
    The lake will be closer and very tempting at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Family camping is right in front of the lake, and the parking for families is also down that side, Excellent.

Traffic wont be some mental then.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement