Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Eod100 wrote: »
    What time are gates, 2pm?

Car parks open at 10am and gates at noon is what’s on the website. Not sure if that’s entry into the actual festival, or just campsites.

We’re planning on leaving cork at around 10 to be there for lunchtime-ish. Can see a lot of people rocking down later (post work) with the limited Friday line up. Really hope they get the traffic organisation right!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Car parks open at 10am and gates at noon is what’s on the website. Not sure if that’s entry into the actual festival, or just campsites.

We’re planning on leaving cork at around 10 to be there for lunchtime-ish. Can see a lot of people rocking down later (post work) with the limited Friday line up. Really hope they get the traffic organisation right!

Thanks for that! Is there a day by day breakdown? Was guessing Friday would have less on but hadn't seen any info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Thanks for that! Is there a day by day breakdown? Was guessing Friday would have less on but hadn't seen any info on it

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/stage-breakdown

No worries, stage breakdown shared above, but I think the actual times etc are out this Friday. Seems very strange that there’s only 3 acts on the main stage on the Friday so far....surely more to go in there as there’s 8 on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wouldn't be surprised if the stages kicked off about 5-6pm on the Friday, then 12noon Saturday & Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

No worries, stage breakdown shared above, but I think the actual times etc are out this Friday. Seems very strange that there’s only 3 acts on the main stage on the Friday so far....surely more to go in there as there’s 8 on Saturday?

It does seem a bit light in fairness. Gonna try catch Mogwai and Ghostpoet on the I guess 2nd stage so I'm happy enough. Also anyone into electronica Toby Kaar is well worth catching. Kinda like Gold Panda if anyone's a fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Toast wrote: »
    Quick informal head count.. are people aiming to get there for the gates or just kinda waltz in later in the day? I remember arriving into EP 2005 at around 6pm with no queues and no problem getting a camp spot and it was the most glorious non stressful festival arrival ever... is it too much to hope that could ever happen again?

Heading from the Midlands.. Hoping to leave about 9am, stop off for a late breakie somewhere on the way down.. Arrive hopefully 1ish...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Has anyone any suggestions on what alcohol to bring? I haven't been to a festival with a couple of years and when i used to drink cider back in the day. I don't know how I'll fair out drinking warm cans of beer for the weekend but want to make the most of the free flow policy

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Has to be cans as bottles are prohibited. Small craft cans are the best. They don't go warm as quick from being held in your hand.
    Bring spirits in plastic bottles too, handy for tipping around with later in the night.
    If you bring bags of ice and a cooler box you can keep the cans cold til Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

dodo87 wrote: »
    Has anyone any suggestions on what alcohol to bring? I haven't been to a festival with a couple of years and when i used to drink cider back in the day. I don't know how I'll fair out drinking warm cans of beer for the weekend but want to make the most of the free flow policy

cool bag/box, freeze (2-3) 2 litre bottles of water. It'll keep the cans cold and also when it melts you now have this useful liquid.

You can add salt and sugar to the melt water to turn it into an electrolyte drink which with sustain your withered body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just on the cans side of things - is there a limit stated anywhere?

I know they say one entry for alcohol only but didn't see anything about a limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Lads and ladies, does anyone know how to book the hot tubs / sauna in the land of tranquillity part. For all my years of going to festivals I never even had a shower at one before but seeing as our group are all post madcool/ week of boozing in Spain and have a massive fear still we have decided to have a zen like experience. Just cant see how you book it . Also, do you know if there is showers in the pauper campsite??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

maximoose wrote: »

I know they say one entry for alcohol only but didn't see anything about a limit.

48 cans per person

gaffolino wrote: »
    Lads and ladies, does anyone know how to book the hot tubs / sauna in the land of tranquillity part. For all my years of going to festivals I never even had a shower at one before but seeing as our group are all post madcool/ week of boozing in Spain and have a massive fear still we have decided to have a zen like experience. Just cant see how you book it . Also, do you know if there is showers in the pauper campsite??

They've confirmed showers in the normal campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

dodo87 wrote: »
    Has anyone any suggestions on what alcohol to bring?

Bring as much Buckfast as you can possibly carry and trade up from there.

Toast wrote: »
    Bring as much Buckfast as you can possibly carry and trade up from there.

The nectar of the Gods mixed with a little red bull in a plastic water bottle and you're right as rain for strolling about the festival site of an evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

maximoose wrote: »

I’m almost certain I seen 48cans mentioned. Not sure about spirits

It does seem a bit light in fairness. Gonna try catch Mogwai and Ghostpoet on the I guess 2nd stage so I'm happy enough. Also anyone into electronica Toby Kaar is well worth catching. Kinda like Gold Panda if anyone's a fan!

Have been listening to a good bit of Mogwai recently and they're definitely on my Friday 'to do' list. Also the Go Team and The Black Madonna, although there could be a clash somewhere there. You would obviously recommend Ghostpoet too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

The nectar of the Gods mixed with a little red bull in a plastic water bottle and you're right as rain for strolling about the festival site of an evening!

Jesus christ, rocket fuel:pac:

erica74 wrote: »
    Jesus christ, rocket fuel:pac:

A one way ticket to the fear!

• Advertisement

https://www.ticketweb.ie/event/giglocker-all-together-curraghmore-estate-tickets/8411655

anyone used these locker services at a festival before ?

Don't wanna leave a lot of drink in the tent all day so was hoping to put it in a locker somewhere

Can't see any reference to the lockers on the ATN website but found this site through google

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Really wish there was general Sunday tickets. Can't make it for the weekend but looks like a belter

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/all-together-now-family-sunday-portlaw-08-05-2018/event/180054CBAAF1D18A?artistid=1649419&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

There is Sunday Tickets but apparently you need to bring a child under 12 years of age to gain entry...:confused:

All Together Now - Family Sunday (Only) Day Ticket

Please Note: All prices listed exclude fees and charges. Terms - Children 12 or under can attend free of charge, accompanied by a parent with a family day ticket. Please note adults purchasing this ticket must be accompanied by children aged 12 & under to gain entry. No camping permitted.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    https://www.ticketweb.ie/event/giglocker-all-together-curraghmore-estate-tickets/8411655

Don't wanna leave a lot of drink in the tent all day so was hoping to put it in a locker somewhere

Can't see any reference to the lockers on the ATN website but found this site through google

I don't think the crowd at this will be robbing your cans

I don't think the crowd at this will be robbing your cans

Famous last words. :)

I think it'll be a great crowd, just surprised the didn't have the service listed on the official website. From their Facebook they seem to be at a lot of Irish festivals.

Famous last words. :)

I think it'll be a great crowd, just surprised the didn't have the service listed on the official website. From their Facebook they seem to be at a lot of Irish festivals.

Stay away from me cans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

used them at Body& Soul, and at EP. pretty good service.
    for cans, you'll need the storage box. the lockers are handy for keys/IDs/small valuables.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/all-together-now-family-sunday-portlaw-08-05-2018/event/180054CBAAF1D18A?artistid=1649419&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

There is Sunday Tickets but apparently you need to bring a child under 12 years of age to gain entry...:confused:

I wonder how strict they will be with this? I've a few friends who are going to risk with the excuse of the wife and child already in there etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Has to be cans as bottles are prohibited. Small craft cans are the best. They don't go warm as quick from being held in your hand.
    Bring spirits in plastic bottles too, handy for tipping around with later in the night.
    If you bring bags of ice and a cooler box you can keep the cans cold til Sunday morning

Are plastic bottles not banned?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/all-together-now-the-waterford-music-festival-is-banning-all-plastic-containers-9t3s30jlz

Not on the list of banned items

What is prohibited from the festival?

Any article that may be used as a weapon

Any person deemed to be offensive or abusive or who may compromise public safety may be removed & reported to the Gardai.

Professional cameras and recording devices (this applies to cameras that have detachable lenses.

Glass Bottles.

Dangerous or hazardous illegal substances.

Flag poles.

Selfie sticks.

Flares & laser devices.

Gas cylinders.

BBQs.

Animals. (except service & guide dogs)

Campfires.

Drones.

Generators.

Nitrous Oxide.

Liquefied Petroleum Gas.

Can I bring glass bottles?

For safety reasons you are not allowed to bring glass bottles into either the camping or festival site. Alcohol within your limit must be decanted into reusable containers. Any glass items, except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave will not be permitted into the campsite or festival site. Glass can be decanted into stainless steal bottles or re-usable plastic bottles. In coherence with our suitability statement no plastic including bottles will be sold on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I am buzzing for this. They've clearly aimed for a more mature crowd and I'm not the rowdy pup I was a few years ago so that suits me. My only fear is that it's their very first time running this festival so teething problems are inevitable - hopefully nothing too bad though.

Advertisement