Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Not on the list of banned items

What is prohibited from the festival?

Any article that may be used as a weapon

Any person deemed to be offensive or abusive or who may compromise public safety may be removed & reported to the Gardai.

Professional cameras and recording devices (this applies to cameras that have detachable lenses.

Glass Bottles.

Dangerous or hazardous illegal substances.

Flag poles.

Selfie sticks.

Flares & laser devices.

Gas cylinders.

BBQs.

Animals. (except service & guide dogs)

Campfires.

Drones.

Generators.

Nitrous Oxide.

Liquefied Petroleum Gas.

Can I bring glass bottles?

For safety reasons you are not allowed to bring glass bottles into either the camping or festival site. Alcohol within your limit must be decanted into reusable containers. Any glass items, except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave will not be permitted into the campsite or festival site. Glass can be decanted into stainless steal bottles or re-usable plastic bottles. In coherence with our suitability statement no plastic including bottles will be sold on site.

Yeah i think it's more a ban on the sale of plastic bottles on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

I wonder how strict they will be with this? I've a few friends who are going to risk with the excuse of the wife and child already in there etc.

No idea but it does seem a bit unfair on those that don't/can't have children to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Not on the list of banned items

What is prohibited from the festival?

Any article that may be used as a weapon

Any person deemed to be offensive or abusive or who may compromise public safety may be removed & reported to the Gardai.

Professional cameras and recording devices (this applies to cameras that have detachable lenses.

Glass Bottles.

Dangerous or hazardous illegal substances.

Flag poles.

Selfie sticks.

Flares & laser devices.

Gas cylinders.

BBQs.

Animals. (except service & guide dogs)

Campfires.

Drones.

Generators.

Nitrous Oxide.

Liquefied Petroleum Gas.

Can I bring glass bottles?

For safety reasons you are not allowed to bring glass bottles into either the camping or festival site. Alcohol within your limit must be decanted into reusable containers. Any glass items, except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave will not be permitted into the campsite or festival site. Glass can be decanted into stainless steal bottles or re-usable plastic bottles. In coherence with our suitability statement no plastic including bottles will be sold on site.

Thanks for clarifying!

How strict do you think the alcohol limits would be?

48 cans seems reasonable, but a liter of spirits or 1.5 liters of wine sounds stingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've been to plenty of festivals with supposed drink limits and have never personally had any taken off me nor do I know anyone to ever have some confiscated. I imagine for maybe insurance purposes they have to have some sort of limit on paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

dulux99 wrote: »
    I imagine for maybe insurance purposes they have to have some sort of limit on paper?

There is a limit on paper !!!???!! :eek::eek:

*sorry , couldn't resist.... ;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

LickiRake wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying!

How strict do you think the alcohol limits would be?

48 cans seems reasonable, but a liter of spirits or 1.5 liters of wine sounds stingy.

I'm sure as long as you don't take the mick (i.e. wheeling in trolley loads of sauce like you're stepping off a booze cruise) you'll be fine.

I've never understood the 48 cans OR 1.5 litres of wine thing. It's the equivalent of (for want of a better measuring tool) an allowance of 20 units alcohol of wine vs around 96 units alcohol of beer.....not really fair on us wino's!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

never saw the limits enforced at Body & Soul, so I'd assume it'll be the same at ATN.

the "all your booze on first entry" was often enforced at B&S though, but you might be able to get away with it depending on the steward...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Only catering for 165 people there if it’s 1 x 15 seater bus per hour. I assume they’ll just keep adding more and more buses to each time slot as they sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Only catering for 165 people there if it’s 1 x 15 seater bus per hour. I assume they’ll just keep adding more and more buses to each time slot as they sell out?

still waiting on details of this inclusive bus and shuttle ticket from dublin.

Way it's working out now is 19euro each way (from dublin) and 15shuttle return from waterford (54euro) with Bus eireann.

Loads

• Advertisement

still waiting on details of this inclusive bus and shuttle ticket from dublin.

Way it's working out now is 19euro each way (from dublin) and 15shuttle return from waterford (54euro) with Bus eireann.

Loads

Dublin coach is like €20 euro return to Waterford. Might be an option!

https://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M9-waterford-kilkenny-dublin-bus.php#fareinfo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Dublin coach is like €20 euro return to Waterford. Might be an option!

https://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M9-waterford-kilkenny-dublin-bus.php#fareinfo

it's a great service, though possible restriction on camping gear etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's not loads but €15 for 35 min journey seems a bit steep..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Bit late to be asking but there's hardly any hostels or B and B nearby? Don't drive though so it's probably a no-go.. Looks like Portlaw is nearest town but doesn't look like there's anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Eod100 wrote: »
    Bit late to be asking but there's hardly any hostels or B and B nearby? Don't drive though so it's probably a no-go.. Looks like Portlaw is nearest town but doesn't look like there's anything there.
    I found it hard to get anything. I've ended up in a place 15kms away. Nice place but taxis etc problematic. Maybe eventually it'll go like Stradbally where every house in the vicinity turns into an impromptu Bnb for the weekend. At the moment, camping seems like the way to go.

Eod100 wrote: »

Mooncoin would be your best bet. It's about ten minutes away in a car. Only place I can see to stay is Toms Country Cottage.

https://www.tomscountrycottage.com/location

Mooncoin would be your best bet. It's about ten minutes away in a car. Only place I can see to stay is Toms Country Cottage.

https://www.tomscountrycottage.com/location

Mooncoin would be further than 10mins away on a quiet day !

Have you tried Carrick / Kilmacthomas /Mothel / Clonea /Piltown for B&Bs ?

All within 10-15kms from Portlaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

This looks to be Bus Eireann's own shuttle, out Fri back Mon. Are we still expecting a shuttle service that will operate frequently daily?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

This looks to be Bus Eireann's own shuttle, out Fri back Mon. Are we still expecting a shuttle service that will operate frequently daily?

You can change the departure date for that service to Saturday & Sunday and buses are available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Tickets bought this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there is a full clashfinder for this festival:
    https://clashfinder.com/s/alltogethernow2018

It all looks pretty complete .. The spelling mistake* from the website would lead me to believe that this has come from the organisers.

* "The GO Team" should read "The Go! Team"

Fleet Foxes at 1am !!!!!
    WTF !?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

greenspurs wrote: »
    Fleet Foxes at 1am !!!!!
    WTF !?!

And brunch with Reggie Watts at 23:20! ah here!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Thats wrong for sure, looks to be done in the order of the stage announcement which is off

And brunch with Reggie Watts at 23:20! ah here!

Its a bit late for brunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Surely the music will go on later than that will it? I'd say that is a fan made one.. big gaps between some djs stopping/starting when most of the time there is no gap at all and they can go straight from one into the other.

There is a comment on an earlier version "All Acts entered. Times not correct" .. so yes, its not accurate.

Apologies for getting your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Lots of changes will happen to those times. Looks like they gave every act the same stage time when in reality those lower on the bill will get a lot less time then those headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I wonder how strict they will be with this? I've a few friends who are going to risk with the excuse of the wife and child already in there etc.

They'll be strict. I've been emailing them about it as I'm coming down the Friday with my wife and kids coming Saturday. They won't give me a family wristband until they're there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

That's a joke. I'll be putting my 15 quid towards a taxi I'd say rather than waiting around for a 15 seater van.

Advertisement