Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

lbj666 wrote: »
    Does anyone find have djs more known for their house and disco sets playing arcadia a bit odd ?? they better know to bring the bangerz.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone hear much about what sorta food options will be there? Been a while since I've been to a festival , not sure I'd get away with diet of pizza and burgers anymore..! ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 6 esioal

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone hear much about what sorta food options will be there? Been a while since I've been to a festival , not sure I'd get away with diet of pizza and burgers anymore..! ☺️

If you have a look on the website they have a bunch of the food stalls that will be there listed at the end of the food and feasts page - it’s a mix of ones I’ve seen at other festivals and some new ones I haven’t seen before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Finding it hard to edit the clashfinder from my phone, but is Roisin Murphy not on before Mura Masa on Saturday night? Also is Black Madonna meant to be swapped with Horse Meat Disco? This is going by ATNs Facebook times.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Lashing rain here on the east coast.. Time to start fretting about the weather yet????? ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Weather great in Waterford, supposed to be great next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Lashing rain here on the east coast.. Time to start fretting about the weather yet????? ☺

Ah August Bank hol usually has great weather.. Although I was at Indiependence a few years back and it was a complete wash-out :eek: Think it would be cruel if after all the good weather we got a bad weather weekend then. Shows how much Irish festivals in particular are effected by the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Finding it hard to edit the clashfinder from my phone, but is Roisin Murphy not on before Mura Masa on Saturday night? Also is Black Madonna meant to be swapped with Horse Meat Disco? This is going by ATNs Facebook times.

Updated on clashfinder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ah August Bank hol usually has great weather.. Although I was at Indiependence a few years back and it was a complete wash-out :eek: Think it would be cruel if after all the good weather we got a bad weather weekend then. Shows how much Irish festivals in particular are effected by the weather

Nah I am happy to see ****e weather this weekend,more chance it'll be fine next weekend. The heatwave was never gonna hold til the bank holiday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'm assuming the Arcadia special guest will be Rick from Underworld as I'm nearly sure he did the same B2B the year they played EP. I'll probably be wrong though.

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    Nah I am happy to see ****e weather this weekend,more chance it'll be fine next weekend. The heatwave was never gonna hold til the bank holiday.

Bad weather this weekend might soften up the ground for getting tent pegs in.

Also Nils Frahm/ Fleet Foxes clash is a real shame. Underworld/Booka Shade isn't great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Weepsie wrote: »
    Bad weather this weekend might soften up the ground for getting tent pegs in.

Also Nils Frahm/ Fleet Foxes clash is a real shame. Underworld/Booka Shade isn't great either.

35 minutes of Fleet Foxes, then catch all of Nils Frahm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Pieman definitely have a stand. They were looking for staff online. No idea any others but hoping for some grub at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lots of the same ones from EP/B&S:
    https://www.alltogethernow.ie/food-feast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Anyone listening to Fufanu? I'm liking the cut of their jib. I'm building quite the eclectic itinerary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I think the orders that are on the Facebook and Instagram images are wrong for Black Madonna/Horse Meat Disco and Mura Masa/Roisin Murphy.

The stage times on the website appear to have been consistently updated and added to: https://www.alltogethernow.ie/stage-breakdown/

That link has HMD at 00:00 and Black Madonna at 02:00 and then Mura Masa at 19:45 and Roisin Murphy at 21:15 which I'd be more inclined to believe than what's on the Facebook images/clashfinder currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

MattD wrote: »
    I think the orders that are on the Facebook and Instagram images are wrong for Black Madonna/Horse Meat Disco and Mura Masa/Roisin Murphy.

The stage times on the website appear to have been consistently updated and added to: https://www.alltogethernow.ie/stage-breakdown/

That link has HMD at 00:00 and Black Madonna at 02:00 and then Mura Masa at 19:45 and Roisin Murphy at 21:15 which I'd be more inclined to believe than what's on the Facebook images/clashfinder currently.

Roisin should definitely he higher up the bill than Mura Masa alright

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Getting ready for next weekend, so excited to see what this lovely new festival will bring us!

Drinks questions here:

Website says we can bring this:
    "Each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 48 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena."

1 litre of spirits / 2 bottles of wine is HARDLY equal to 48 cans?

I was hoping to bring 24 cans and a bottle of spirits decanted in a plastic bottle.
    Dyou think they'll give me hassle going in?

Also do ye think this counts for bringing bottles of water too? "Canned soft drinks only. No plastic bottles."
    We can decant spirits in to plastic bottles, but we can't bring in a bottle of coke / water?

I really don't think they will be confiscating coke/water bottles at the entrance to the campsite.

I do think that you won't be allowed into the arena with a plastic bottle, but you would be allowed in with cans of beer or otherwise.

Thanks Matt!

Can I ask why you think no plastic bottles in the arena? Because of the waste policy or because of something else?

I'd just find it odd if people weren't allowed to bring their wine in to the arena but they would be allowed bring their cans, then again I've never been to a festival with free flow policy so I know very little

• Advertisement

This is from the website : "We encourage our attendees to bring as little plastic as possible and to make use of the plastic recycling facilities we have on site - to help us cut down on as little plastic as possible being left behind and damaging the surrounding environment."

So plastic in the campsites is ok, just that they're encouraging campers not to. To me It looks like they want to make a big effort to keep the arena absolutely plastic free as a waste policy. Yeah I agree that letting one guy in with two cans and confiscating/stopping the next person's bottle of rum and coke seems off. I guess it depends on how strict they wanna go. There's plenty of events where you're not allowed bring in bottles just from a 'no outside food and drink' perspective, so I won't be surprised if they enforce it.

This is from the website : "We encourage our attendees to bring as little plastic as possible and to make use of the plastic recycling facilities we have on site - to help us cut down on as little plastic as possible being left behind and damaging the surrounding environment."

So plastic in the campsites is ok, just that they're encouraging campers not to. To me It looks like they want to make a big effort to keep the arena absolutely plastic free as a waste policy. Yeah I agree that letting one guy in with two cans and confiscating/stopping the next person's bottle of rum and coke seems off. I guess it depends on how strict they wanna go. There's plenty of events where you're not allowed bring in bottles just from a 'no outside food and drink' perspective, so I won't be surprised if they enforce it.

Plastic bottles are not on the "prohibited" list according to the website.. In FAQ's - What is prohibited from the festival?
    Long list of obvious stuff but no plastic bottles and question is from festival not main area.. I would take that as prohibited from any area of the site...

I thought the plastic bottle thing was just don't bring plastic bottles if you can use an alternative (e.g. for water you can bring a stainless steel bottle which can be topped up at the water refill stations) but I can not imagine a plastic bottle with wine or spirits been taking off a person going into the main area once there is places to recycle it when your done with it..

Yea that's fair enough thank you! Could go either way but I might expect some leeway because of the free flow policy. Why else would they have it.. right ðŸ˜

I really admire and look forward to a festival that's environmentally concious but at the same time I'm going to want my own water, at the campsite at least

Yea that's fair enough thank you! Could go either way but I might expect some leeway because of the free flow policy. Why else would they have it.. right ðŸ˜

I really admire and look forward to a festival that's environmentally concious but at the same time I'm going to want my own water, at the campsite at least

Absolutely and as an over 21s festival they have to trust adults that we will dispose of plastic and other waste responsible .

There are also selling those recycleable cartons of water. Once they don't take the piss with the price then a few of those in the tent for the hangover each morning be grand..

lc180 wrote: »
    Pieman definitely have a stand. They were looking for staff online. No idea any others but hoping for some grub at this.

There's a poutine stand that will be there that I got at BARE festival this year. Heartily recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

There's a poutine stand that will be there that I got at BARE festival this year. Heartily recommend!

I’ve been eyeing this up since it was announced!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They have Home Fries on the list, which I highly recommend - baby potatoes chopped and fried in a big wok in olive oil, topped with grated cheese and garlic mayo, I always look forward to them at Body and Soul. Also the "Cheesy Bread" place is amazing too - dough made on site and then cooked in a wood burning oven right there topped with cheese and bacon lardons.

Both of these are excellent hangover/2am soakage foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

MJohnston wrote: »
    They have Home Fries on the list, which I highly recommend - baby potatoes chopped and fried in a big wok in olive oil, topped with grated cheese and garlic mayo, I always look forward to them at Body and Soul. Also the "Cheesy Bread" place is amazing too - dough made on site and then cooked in a wood burning oven right there topped with cheese and bacon lardons.

Both of these are excellent hangover/2am soakage foods.

I’ll be washing myself with a rag on a stick by the time this weekend is through!

35 minutes of Fleet Foxes, then catch all of Nils Frahm.

In an ideal world yes. The OH is a big Fleet Foxes fan.ill see as much as both as possible, even if it means being down the back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Fufanu? I'm liking the cut of their jib. I'm building quite the eclectic itinerary.

Yeah buzzing to see them, Just Me is a favourite. Also buzzing to see Biig Piig and Brien

Advertisement