Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yeah buzzing to see them, Just Me is a favourite. Also buzzing to see Biig Piig and Brien

Best of luck for your stint too. Pity about the Mos Def clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

It’s great to see people so excited about the different acts. I have only heard of a handfew of them!! I’m looking forward to hearing new people. Really getting excited now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

alastair wrote: »
    Best of luck for your stint too. Pity about the Mos Def clash.

What clash?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

What clash?

Ah, apologies. I thought you were THE Sally Cinnamon, who’s on the same time as Mos Def.

alastair wrote: »
    Ah, apologies. I thought you were THE Sally Cinnamon, who’s on the same time as Mos Def.

I know were I'll be at that time :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

From met eireann:

From Friday onwards high pressure is likely to build over Ireland and it will be mostly dry with just the odd shower. Temperatures will be in the high teens to low twenties in just light variable breezes.

Yr.no and accuweather also in agreement. I know things can change pretty quickly, but i’ll take it in the meantime!!

Weather on Friday night/Saturday am just gone blew over and destroyed our marquee in the back garden (Wicklow). It was a reminder that this time of year ain’t all smiles unt sunshine, so we’ll count our blessings if next weekend turns out as forecast. Whatever about a few showers, light breezes really are key at a festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

yep-barring the odd shower weather looks good... mogwai friday night in a tent will, like the weather, guarantee a great weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

An interesting interview in the Irish Times with some of the people behind the running of the festival. https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/all-together-now-the-powerful-amazing-women-behind-the-event-1.3568194

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Is it just looking like 5 lamps and Bulmers when it comes to pints? No other craft beers - Dungarvan or any of that stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

What's the best route from the northwest bringing a caravan so need Good roads !! Look forward to this big time ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is it just looking like 5 lamps and Bulmers when it comes to pints? No other craft beers - Dungarvan or any of that stuff?

Yeah was hoping Metalman would be there or Dungarvan. 5 lamps is tasty enough tho

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah was hoping Metalman would be there or Dungarvan. 5 lamps is tasty enough tho

Metalman is lovely stuff. Not a big fan of 5 lamps but will have plenty of my own stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

Dungarvan will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

5 days out and the forecast is looking very good. lets hope it stays that way. 
    457039.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Ah lads, work is ****...

Who are on peoples list of acts to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

ghostpoet
    bootleg beatles
    lost brothers
    elder island
    underworld
    when young
    isaac gracie
    first aid kit
    fleet foxes

My only clash is new power generation and talos. Hoping talos might get mentioned on some EP announcemnt this week and that will make my decision easier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

My weather update for today.

Pre-festival:
    Quite a lot of rain on Wednesday into Thursday, about 6mm total between now and Friday. Hopefully the ground is quite thirsty though and it'll be absorbed quickly.

Friday:
    Mostly dry and warm with highs of 22C, lows of 13C overnight. Fairly cloudy, moderate UV. Potential for a couple of hours of light drizzle, maybe about 1mm in total. There is some early morning heavy rain that is currently predicted to pass about 50km to the north of the festival, hopefully it will stay up there! A little bit gusty in the morning, but calming down in the afternoon quite a bit. High dew points, so it will feel quite humid.

Saturday:
    Dry and sunny with highs of 22.5C, lows of 12C overnight. Calm breeze. Decent dew points, so it will feel quite warm in the sunshine. Basically no cloud cover, high UV index.

Sunday:
    Dry and sunny, with highs of 22.7C, lows of 16C overnight. Similar calm breeze, but picking up overnight. Higher dew points again, so again another really warm day. Tiny, tiny amount of cloud, so UV index should be high.

Monday:
    Shouldn't be any rain before the time the festival grounds close, but there is a heavy downpour predicted for late afternoon. No rush though, I doubt it'll effect anyone.

ETA: should have said, this is still far enough out to not be anywhere near certain. I won't be confident in the forecast until late Wednesday, which is when I'll do another update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does anybody know for certain .. which of the running orders are correct for

1. Friday: Horse Meat Disco & Black Madonna

2. Saturday: Róisín Murphy & Mura Masa

Website has one order .. Facebook has the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

My most looking forward to seeing list is:

Friday: Books Brass, Kelela, Mogwai
    Saturday: Tongue Fu, J Colleran, Trinity Orchestra, Underworld
    Sunday: London African Gospel Choir, Saint Sister, Talos, Villagers and Fleet Foxes

Going to squeeze in some Arcadia and bingo loco certainly at some stage too!

On the lineup discrepancies, I'm not certain, but I'd believe the website times as they seem to have been updated more frequently and have Roisin Murphy in the higher billing which makes sense re: headlining etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Still nothing on the transport front or have I missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Can someone explain to me what exactly Bingo Loco is???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what exactly Bingo Loco is???

Google it.
    Looks great craic !!! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Still nothing on the transport front or have I missed it?

Nope, due out today (but they've been saying that since last Wednesday).

ATN posted a picture of the 'Road to Nowhere' tent on Facebook and some witty individual commented 'are there any shuttle buses on that road'? Oh how we laughed...but seriously it is a bit strange that the transport info is so very late!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Has anyone seen anything re. road closures ??
    I want to check if my backroad short cuts will be accessible on Friday/Saturday !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Friday, Oscar Jerome, Book a Brass, Go-team, Mogwai. Saturday, Trinity Orchestra doing Bowie, Colm O'Regan, Jape, Lost Brothers,Roisín Murphy, AE Mak, Kevin Rowland's DJ set. Sunday, Saul Williams, David Keenan, New Power Generation, Isaac Gracie, bit of Thundercat, Fufanu, Fleet Foxes.
    Can't wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just got a reply to a query from them, taxi pick-up and drop-off is at Centra in Portlaw and shuttles go every 25 minutes from there to site and vice-versa.

Friday - Booka Brass, The Go! Team, Mogwai, The Black Madonna & Nialler9

Saturday - Trinity Orchestra perform Bowie, Biig Piig, Jape, Hercules & Love Affair, Roisin Murphy, Mura Masa, Underworld, Groove Armada, perhaps the odd comedian.

Sunday - The road home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Thing I'm wondering about transport is that I'm taking my campervan down, and wondering whether I should bother offering some mates a lift if they're going to end up a trek away from the campsites, or whether I can drop them off somewhere convenient near the campsite entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't done a lot of research into the lineup to be honest but my schedule looks something like this:
    Friday - Chaka Khan, The Black Madonna, Get Down Edits, Horse Meat Disco
    Saturday - Trinity Orchestra, Jape, Hercules & Live Affair, Roisin Murphy, Underworld, Fish Go Deep
    Sunday - Jimmy Cliff, New Power Generation, Timmy Stewart, Hot Chip Megamix

Then will go along to anything else that some of my group are interested in.. Would like to check out an act on every stage at some point. My Sunday is looking pretty light but there are some good DJs on in the evening and some decent options on the main stage.. Wonder who the special guest will be on Arcadia on the Saturday?

Advertisement