Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Haven't done a lot of research into the lineup to be honest but my schedule looks something like this:
    Friday - Chaka Khan, The Black Madonna, Get Down Edits, Horse Meat Disco
    Saturday - Trinity Orchestra, Jape, Hercules & Live Affair, Roisin Murphy, Underworld, Fish Go Deep
    Sunday - Jimmy Cliff, New Power Generation, Timmy Stewart, Hot Chip Megamix

Then will go along to anything else that some of my group are interested in.. Would like to check out an act on every stage at some point. My Sunday is looking pretty light but there are some good DJs on in the evening and some decent options on the main stage.. Wonder who the special guest will be on Arcadia on the Saturday?
    Would recommend David August and Nils Frahm on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would recommend David August and Nils Frahm on Sunday

Cheers will look into David August a bit anyway, have listened to some of Nils Frahm on Spotify, is it all more or less classical music? I was expecting something a bit more like Kiasmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Friday - Booka Brass, Go Team (tempted by Grandbrothers also), Chaka, Mogwai
    Sat - Jape, Viper, Booka Shade
    Sun - Talos, Villagers/David Kitt/Thundercat is a bit of a shît clash, Maribou State, Hot Chip

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Cheers will look into David August a bit anyway, have listened to some of Nils Frahm on Spotify, is it all more or less classical music? I was expecting something a bit more like Kiasmos.

He does more lively synth based stuff too, which I would expect a good bit of at a festival appearance. Try the album Spaces.

Says (stick with it), Hammers, For-Peter-Toilet Brush, All Melody

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

All subject to change, and too much, but...
    Friday - Booka Brass Band, Ghostpoet, Grandbrothers, New York Brass Band, Chaka Khan, The Black Madonna, DJ Deece.
    Saturday - Trinity Orchestra, Bootleg Beatles, Jape, Will Self, Roisin Murphy, Mos Def, Bring your own Brass, Underworld, Groove Armada / Donal Dineen, Arcadia Special Guest.
    Sunday - London African Gospel Choir, Saul Williams brunch, First Aid Kit, Nils Frahm, Hot Chip Megamix.

And I’ll try to catch Patrick McDonnell in the comedy tent. He’s always good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just got a reply to a query from them, taxi pick-up and drop-off is at Centra in Portlaw and shuttles go every 25 minutes from there to site and vice-versa.

So are the shuttles only going from Portlaw then? Or are there free shuttles from Portlaw but they're running ticketed shuttles from Waterford too? Wish they would just clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Just noticed that Reggie Watts is on at 12:30pm Saturday on the Belonging Bandstand. What in tarnation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Friday: Chaka Khan, Mogwai, The Black Madonna
    Saturday: Trinity Orchestra Perform David Bowie, Roisin Murphy, Underworld
    Sunday: Talos, Villagers, First Aid Kit, Fleet Foxes, Nils Frahm, Hot Chip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gooseman12

Anyone have any info on accessing the car parks from the Carrick side? I've got no response from them.

A trip all the way around to get to Kilmacthomas would be a pain in the arse....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Toast wrote: »

Some good recommendations in there.

You'd have to feel sorry for Nicholas Peterson, the guy who actually drummed on Fleet Foxes' debut and who has been all but written out of the band's history by journalists not fact-checking. Josh Tillman/Father John Misty played on the second album, not the debut...

Minor gripe I have!! Tillman joined after the recording was finished but before it was released. Toured it and recorded the second one with them before heading off on his own.

Also, Fleet Foxes were superb in Cork Opera House last year so highly recommend them if anyone is on the fence. Absolutely brilliant musicians with such a range of sounds throughout their discography, it's a mesmerising show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

gooseman12 wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on accessing the car parks from the Carrick side? I've got no response from them.

A trip all the way around to get to Kilmacthomas would be a pain in the arse....

Really interested in this info too. Assume they'll have to colour code/number the routes a la EP, as roads seem fairly tight around the area and there's two different car parks.

I'll be coming from Cork direction so Kilmacthomas is our route and we're heading for entrance 2 (Tangerine Fields)...would be strange to try and corral all traffic through there, particularly when you'd be on the right side for the general car park coming from Carrick..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/roads/item/waterford-city-and-county-council-road-alert-20-07-2018-30188

It seems the road up the back of the Scrouty is closed off , just off the Kilmacthomas road to Carrick.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

gooseman12 wrote: »

Also interested in this info, coming from Galway. I imagine anyone coming from that direction will be going via Limerick so it would hardly make sense for us to drive all the way around to approach from the other direction??

They'd want to come out with all the info soon, leaving it very late now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just got a reply to a query from them, taxi pick-up and drop-off is at Centra in Portlaw and shuttles go every 25 minutes from there to site and vice-versa.

So are the shuttles only going from Portlaw then? Or are there free shuttles from Portlaw but they're running ticketed shuttles from Waterford too? Wish they would just clarify.
    As I understand it, ticketed shuttles from Waterford, free shuttles from Portlaw to site.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

The info section says no garden furniture allowed....

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/information

Are they gonna make me stand around drinking cans?
    Will I have to sit on the grass outside my tent on my arse?
    My own arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

rorymagory wrote: »
    The info section says no garden furniture allowed....

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/information

Are they gonna make me stand around drinking cans?
    Will I have to sit on the grass outside my tent on my arse?
    My own arse?

Deck/camping chairs allowed - just not in the arena. Your arse will be grand at your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

alastair wrote: »
    Deck/camping chairs allowed - just not in the arena. Your arse will be grand at your tent.

I just saw that on the FAQ section and came back to clarify. Nice one Alastair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got my email from Podpads. The map they liked to here says that the arena will be open from 5pm on Friday.

Got my email from Podpads. The map they liked to here says that the arena will be open from 5pm on Friday.

Car parks open at 10am, camping opens at Noon and Main Arena opens at 5pm on the Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

My only unanswered question is that there is one carpark for normal camping and one for boutique camping but I would worry that the traffic stewards will direct you into whichever one suits them at whatever point of the day.... Has anyone seen an answer to this query? I stay in pink moo0n at EP and had a way of guaranteeing to get into carpark Z but not so for ATN it being the first year and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

roll wrote: »
    My only unanswered question is that there is one carpark for normal camping and one for boutique camping but I would worry that the traffic stewards will direct you into whichever one suits them at whatever point of the day.... Has anyone seen an answer to this query? I stay in pink moo0n at EP and had a way of guaranteeing to get into carpark Z but not so for ATN it being the first year and all...

Traffic and shuttles seem to be the most common questions now.
    Youd imagine they have it sorted, but 'they' would want to tell gig-goers at this stage !!
    I live about 5km from the site, and I still don't know how I can enter the site yet !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Car parks open at 10am, camping opens at Noon

Cue lots of slightly tipsy people putting up tents after a good few cans in the carpark!:D

This is what I was slightly concerned about, but one thing about EP is that there is no 'dedicated' Pink Moon car park. The way this site is laid out, there's a very definite car park for Boutique/Family and one for main camping. To get from one to the other you'd have to walk right through the main arena which is completely unfeasible. If they didn't have it well sorted it'd be an absolute sh*t show...but I'm sure they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A few posters have commented on how POD have got things wrong in the earlier years of other festivals such as EP & Forbidden Fruit.. What kind of stuff have they messed up on in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

greenspurs wrote: »

Traffic and shuttles seem to be the most common questions now.
    Youd imagine they have it sorted, but 'they' would want to tell gig-goers at this stage !!
    I live about 5km from the site, and I still don't know how I can enter the site yet !!
    Ah ha! A local! I'm staying in a place in Gortrush, Greenspurs. Getting home in the evenings might be tricky. Don't suppose you have any local taxi contacts? I've been on to a place in Carrick but they're not filling me with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

A few posters have commented on how POD have got things wrong in the earlier years of other festivals such as EP & Forbidden Fruit.. What kind of stuff have they messed up on in the past?

I'd say making it a mandatory requirement to bring a U12 kid in with you to gain entry with a Sunday Only ticket is one this time round anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Ran out of beer at the first EP. The beer cooling system broke at Forbidden Fruit too (they apparently had a single one?) causing there to be barely any beer available. Law of POD says something will happen with the beer at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toast wrote: »
    Ran out of beer at the first EP. The beer cooling system broke at Forbidden Fruit too (they apparently had a single one?) causing there to be barely any beer available. Law of POD says something will happen with the beer at this.

Jaysus there'd be riots, it would descend into Lord of the Flies stuff.. I may be slightly exaggerating but would be a dose. Think I'm a fair few years past the bringing slabs thing so will probably just pick up some craft beer cans. Bit of a pain dragging them all in only to leave some behind..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Anyone have any advice on getting to the carpark closest to boutique camping? I can see on the ATN site map that we should enter via the E2 entrance/Kelly's Gate, I'm not a local so I have no idea where that is.

Advertisement