Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

This is probably a daft one but will they allow you to bring your own booze into the arena? Just asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Chelon wrote: »
    This is probably a daft one but will they allow you to bring your own booze into the arena? Just asking...

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Yep

Reeeally??? I'd be super impressed if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tesco have slabs of Heineken/grolsch/carling/molson/Carlsberg for €24 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Chelon wrote: »
    Reeeally??? I'd be super impressed if so.

Free flow policy. So once you bring booze into the campsite (Only on first entry and no more than 48 cans) you can take it wherever you please in the main arena. It’s the greatest policy known to humankind.

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    Anyone have any advice on getting to the carpark closest to boutique camping? I can see on the ATN site map that we should enter via the E2 entrance/Kelly's Gate, I'm not a local so I have no idea where that is.

Also awaiting this info, which needs to come from the organisers ASAP. They’re really dragging their feet on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Also awaiting this info, which needs to come from the organisers ASAP. They’re really dragging their feet on it!!

The website says you will be guided from the N25. Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The website says you will be guided from the N25. Nothing to worry about.

Maps etc up on webpage
    https://www.alltogethernow.ie/getting-here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone any ideas on how long the walk would be between entrances? I'm getting the bus from Waterford, not sure if it's going to stop off at the boutique entrance for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Actually, I take it back, the information and maps on the website are helpful. I hadn't actually seen them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Free flow policy. So once you bring booze into the campsite (Only on first entry and no more than 48 cans) you can take it wherever you please in the main arena. It’s the greatest policy known to humankind.

In a bizarre way it limits what you might bring into the campsite. I don't drink as much as I used to but a mix of cans, spirits, buckfast etc would have been my festival mix a while back With their restrictions you are forced to choose one of those things and the limits on spirits and wines push people to stick to cans. Probably makes it a little harder for people to become ultra messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Might have an issue with my tickets. Wondering if anyone knows can you enter with a family ticket and stay in normal camping if you don’t have kids with you? I know Sunday they said needs to be family. What happened was I was going with my hubby and my best mate. She was bringing her kids so we got family tickets too so we could stay in camp site with her and help out with kids. Looks likely now that she will have to cancel. I’m wondering will they not let us in with no kids? Wonder will they swap them for me even?

erica74 wrote: »
    Actually, I take it back, the information and maps on the website are helpful. I hadn't actually seen them before.

First time i’d seen them too....and they’re perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Toast wrote: »
    In a bizarre way it limits what you might bring into the campsite. I don't drink as much as I used to but a mix of cans, spirits, buckfast etc would have been my festival mix a while back With their restrictions you are forced to choose one of those things and the limits on spirits and wines push people to stick to cans. Probably makes it a little harder for people to become ultra messy.

Ahhh nooo does that mean I can't bring some cans and some wine?

I’d usually bring in a mixture of things, as these ‘restrictions’ would be in place at most festivals. Last year at EP I had beers, buckfast and whiskey and no one batted an eye. I think as long as you don’t take the mick it’s fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is it too early to start looking at the weather forecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

danois wrote: »
    Might have an issue with my tickets. Wondering if anyone knows can you enter with a family ticket and stay in normal camping if you don’t have kids with you? I know Sunday they said needs to be family. What happened was I was going with my hubby and my best mate. She was bringing her kids so we got family tickets too so we could stay in camp site with her and help out with kids. Looks likely now that she will have to cancel. I’m wondering will they not let us in with no kids? Wonder will they swap them for me even?
    You're ok I think. Go to the section on ATN website re family camping. It says if you present at the family campsite with a family camping ticket but no child with you, you will be redirected to general camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I’d usually bring in a mixture of things, as these ‘restrictions’ would be in place at most festivals. Last year at EP I had beers, buckfast and whiskey and no one batted an eye. I think as long as you don’t take the mick it’s fine!

Don't think the Picnic have a "bring in everything at once" rule but it has been a while since I went. People have been asking ATN about bringing in half and half but they're not answering. How was Body and Soul with it?

How was Body and Soul with it?

I’ll have to bow to someone with a greater knowledge of that i’m afraid, as I haven’t managed to get to Body &Soul as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah ha! A local! I'm staying in a place in Gortrush, Greenspurs. Getting home in the evenings might be tricky. Don't suppose you have any local taxi contacts? I've been on to a place in Carrick but they're not filling me with confidence.

Mooncoin taxis number is 051 895121 that would probably be the handiest taxi for you they do cars and 8 seaters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

NSFW

All Together Now next weekend. :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Don't think the Picnic have a "bring in everything at once" rule but it has been a while since I went. People have been asking ATN about bringing in half and half but they're not answering. How was Body and Soul with it?

You need to bring all your booze in when getting your wristband, it's the only way they can control the amount you bring in.

BnS is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I’ll have to bow to someone with a greater knowledge of that i’m afraid, as I haven’t managed to get to Body &Soul as yet!

Body and Soul its 24 cans or two bottles of spirits limit, but they have mostly a "just dont do the dog on it" attitude about it.

Just hide your bucky and spirits and show them your allowance of cans.

Dont worry about the mix either , if you show up with beer and spirits they wont care.

If you show up with your wristband on already with slab or massive bag of booze they will catch you it that.

Remember, if the weather is as nice as planned there will be plenty colds ones from the bars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

lbj666 wrote: »
    Body and Soul its 24 cans or two bottles of spirits limit, but they have mostly a "just dont do the dog on it" attitude about it.

Just hide your bucky and spirits and show them your allowance of cans.

Dont worry about the mix either , if you show up with beer and spirits they wont care.

If you show up with your wristband on already with slab or massive bag of booze they will catch you it that.

Remember, if the weather is as nice as planned there will be plenty colds ones from the bars too.

Yep, as long as you don't have glass bottles sticking out of your pockets or an insane about of cans BnS don't really give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Cheers will look into David August a bit anyway, have listened to some of Nils Frahm on Spotify, is it all more or less classical music? I was expecting something a bit more like Kiasmos.

He does more lively synth based stuff too, which I would expect a good bit of at a festival appearance. Try the album Spaces.

Says (stick with it), Hammers, For-Peter-Toilet Brush, All Melody
    Check this David August Boiler room out. Been listening to this the last week or so. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Goldigga wrote: »
    Check this David August Boiler room out. Been listening to this the last week or so. Very nice.

Saw him at B&S two years ago and he had a small live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi i have a campervan ticket for sale, if anyone needs one pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

My better half just pointed out this shocker from the FAQ:

GAS GYLINDERS ARE NOT PERMTTED ANYWHERE IN CAMPSITE INCLUDING CAMPERVANS

This cant be true can it?

I know they don't generally allow gas stoves and that, but build in gas systems are always allowed, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I know they don't generally allow gas stoves and that, but build in gas systems are always allowed, surely?

I don't have a campervan, but per chance I was just reading this on a mobile home forum. Might help !

https://www.motorhomecraic.com/forum/topic.php?t=16134

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ugh. Have seen the no gas cylinders rule at EP and B&S but they never call out the campervans in it. I'll probably just hide mine somewhere in the van - the security at these things rarely checks the whole thing.

Have to hope it's just some Health and Safety cover-our-ass thing like the No Awnings rule.

Advertisement