Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Family ticket is for 1 adult and 2 children ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

POD also run Metropolis, and the Tier 1 tickets for that sell out in seconds, which leads me to believe there's probably less than a few hundred in that tier.
    I'd imagine this will be the same.

True and that in turn generates a buzz/hype about tier 1 tickets selling out, generating demand for the other tiers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

What are the nearest towns or villages to the festival site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

greenspurs wrote: »
    Free flow ? :confused:

Whatya mean ?? :D

It means that once you bring your booze into the site, there are no further restrictions on where you can consume it or carry it. So no searching going into the main arena etc... Body & soul do it like this and they call it a free-flow policy. It really is great. I looks like ATN are doing the same ..

lc180 wrote: »
    What are the nearest towns or villages to the festival site?

Portlaw is nearest village.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    great that there's a decent festival right on my doorstep

not interested in camping might wait and see will they sell individual day tickets and go when the fleet foxes are playing

Not a real festival goer then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not a real festival goer then? ;)

nah cant stand camping, rather day trips and a bed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

greenspurs wrote: »
    Family ticket is for 1 adult and 2 children ?

Yeah, was wondering that myself. Not sure it's been explained properly particularly when you add in the tiers? Really keen to go, just need to see what sort of twine itll cost me to bring the fam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There is a fair crossover of acts from Bestival in this too, just posted on the Bestival's efestival forum with the ATN poster and folk over there reckon the Bestival headliner blanked out is also Underworld, it looks like it could fit in there too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The last ATN poster images have been ginormous and take ages to scroll through hopefully this url will have a more readable size.

28308828_10213275787983412_934851384_n.png?oh=9b2cb0adc89eab804cab10bb1f09bf42&oe=5A8DFC2F

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The more I think about it I'm excited by this festival, strong first announcement with a nice variety of acts, nice looking setting, over 21s, bank holiday weekend, allowed to bring your booze into the arena.. They are ticking all of the boxes so far! I'm glad someone has tried to stick it up to Electric Picnic. I've a good feeling about this festival and on second thoughts maybe I will be buying a ticket soon. I presume Fleet Foxes & Underworld will headline but I wonder do we have another to come or will Roisin Murphy headline one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I think if London Grammar were added (they're on the Bestival lineup) ut would be a massive coup for a first time festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

London Grammar are so so so boring. Great songs but doesn't translate.

They're not a festival band. EP taught me that lesson hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Liking the look of this! Gave up on EP a few years ago but this tempts me out of festival retirement.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they book NERD then i will be there in heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

mojesius wrote: »
    Liking the look of this! Gave up on EP a few years ago but this tempts me out of festival retirement.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have acquired the target market, you may strike when ready. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

London Grammar are so so so boring. Great songs but doesn't translate.

They're not a festival band. EP taught me that lesson hard.

They just need to be in inside. I saw them at a festival in a tent last summer and they were amazing.

So have I got this right? Over 21s, free flow alcohol policy(!) and on a BH weekend?? How much are tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    They just need to be in inside. I saw them at a festival in a tent last summer and they were amazing.

So have I got this right? Over 21s, free flow alcohol policy(!) and on a BH weekend?? How much are tickets?

Saw LG at the waterfront in Belfast last year, it was magical! Perfect venue, I was right at the front 6 feet away. To have Hannah Reid lock eye contact with you as she belts out some of those notes is absolutely mind-goose-bump-blowing!!
    Unless ATN have a massive main stage tent there's not a hope of seeing LG indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really liking the look of this, don't know why its so apealling vs B&S or CP....but it just Is!!

Positives so far:
    Decent line up for a 10k capacity.
    Freeflow booze
    With freeflow there's no stupid bottle neck searches
    Over 21's (I'm not an ageist **** but I'd rather not see a young person experience there first real boozing session...go practice in a field/park...get good at it...then go to a festival. + I have to say in recent years my fatherly instincts are kicking in, really bugging me seeing the level of unprepared'ness.. like f$$kin hot pants & belly top its night time, 6deg and raining you dose bi##h!)

Can anyone explain the tier system?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Someone shared the licence application on twitter last night. Theres an area called "Arcadia". If this is what I think it is than it has been sorely missed from EP over the last number of years and represents a huge coup for the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

deeks wrote: »
    Someone shared the licence application on twitter last night. Theres an area called "Arcadia". If this is what I think it is than it has been sorely missed from EP over the last number of years and represents a huge coup for the festival.

Just had a look at it. That will be unreal!!

can anyone link to the application please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jo7WSXO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

From the event application:

The Main Arena will consist of:
     Main Stage – Live music
     Second Stage – Live music
     Third Stage – Live Music
     Healing Fields/ Away with the Fairies
     Spoken Word – a selection of panels with will know figures on various related topics
     Kids, Family & Crafts
     Carnival, Wedding Disco Inflatable Church
     Comedy
     Theatre
     ‘In the Woods’ Stage
     Floating Orchestra
     Arcadia
     Cinema
     Arts Trail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Impressive. Only when you see the application do you realise how much organisation must go into the whole thing.

So am I correct in saying that it looks like 5 stages of music? Main stage and second stage are large outdoor stages, then you have a stage in the woods, Arcadia and a tent in the campsite? It had the following about start/end times:

Friday, August 3rd Start: 17:00 Finish: 00:00
    Saturday, August 4th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00
    Sunday, August 5th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00

And that campsite entertainment will go on until 4.00am which is what is making me think there is a stage in the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Impressive. Only when you see the application do you realise how much organisation must go into the whole thing.

So am I correct in saying that it looks like 5 stages of music? Main stage and second stage are large outdoor stages, then you have a stage in the woods, Arcadia and a tent in the campsite? It had the following about start/end times:

Friday, August 3rd Start: 17:00 Finish: 00:00
    Saturday, August 4th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00
    Sunday, August 5th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00

And that campsite entertainment will go on until 4.00am which is what is making me think there is a stage in the campsite.

Yeah that circular Blue section between areas E and D in the campsite looks like a stage.

ARCADIA !!!!!!!!!

ARCADIA !!!!!!!!!

Excitement is mounting for this festival big time! :D

• Advertisement

It says in the license application that there may be a limited number of Sunday day tickets available, I'd rather they kept it to just weekend ticket holders but im sure some people will be happy with that.

Advertisement