Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I don't have a campervan, but per chance I was just reading this on a mobile home forum. Might help !

https://www.motorhomecraic.com/forum/topic.php?t=16134

I know those guys on that site .. yeah this looks like ****e ... If I can't bring my gas bottles, I actually don't want to go.

I just asked on their facebook, but it looks like the conversation has already been had with some of the lads on motorhomecraic.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Just seen this,what a balls, defeats the purpose of bringing a camper to a festival, I presume the will enforce it.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Ugh. Have seen the no gas cylinders rule at EP and B&S but they never call out the campervans in it. I'll probably just hide mine somewhere in the van - the security at these things rarely checks the whole thing.

Have to hope it's just some Health and Safety cover-our-ass thing like the No Awnings rule.

I certainly hope so.

I have seen a similar rule before, but never quite so explicit as this, and also saying the same in emails to those guys on that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

My better half just pointed out this shocker from the FAQ:

GAS GYLINDERS ARE NOT PERMTTED ANYWHERE IN CAMPSITE INCLUDING CAMPERVANS

This cant be true can it?

I know they don't generally allow gas stoves and that, but build in gas systems are always allowed, surely?

That's bizarre.. so to qualify as a camper it has to have cooking facilities, yet you can't use these facilities as you can't bring any gas..

Goldigga wrote: »
    That's bizarre.. so to qualify as a camper it has to have cooking facilities, yet you can't use these facilities as you can't bring any gas..

...and no hot water and most importantly, no fridge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

...and no hot water and most importantly, no fridge!

Think I remember them trying this the first couple of years of EP... It wasn't enforced.

Goldigga wrote: »
    Think I remember them trying this the first couple of years of EP... It wasn't enforced.

I'm sure it will be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

You can bring the small camping stoves with the small gas cans though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

reni10 wrote: »
    You can bring the small camping stoves with the small gas cans though right?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

erica74 wrote: »
    Anyone have any advice on getting to the carpark closest to boutique camping? I can see on the ATN site map that we should enter via the E2 entrance/Kelly's Gate, I'm not a local so I have no idea where that is.

If I was to follow their map,instead of the 5km drive, I would have about 70 km to get to the family entrance. :mad: :eek:

I will be going cross country.
    Going for a drive this evening to see what roads are close/diverted etc.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/roads/item/waterford-city-and-county-council-road-alert-20-07-2018-30188

It seems the road up the back of the Scrouty is closed off , just off the Kilmacthomas road to Carrick.

I am wrong, it is not closed.

It is open, and is actually being used as the entrance road for the G.A car park/Camping.

greenspurs wrote: »
    I am wrong, it is not closed.

It is open, and is actually being used as the entrance road for the G.A car park/Camping.

That link says closed from 3rd to 6th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

That link says closed from 3rd to 6th...

Assume just closed to the public with festival access only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

maximoose wrote: »
    Tesco have slabs of Heineken/grolsch/carling/molson/Carlsberg for €24 this week

Any more booze offers??! Specifically cans of Beamish/Guinness. Its waaaaayyyy easier to drink tent warm stout than tent warm beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm staying not far from Carrick and am relying on taxis home. There's no way they're going to send me 50 or 60 mms out of my way to get home. Are they???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

RINO87 wrote: »
    Any more booze offers??! Specifically cans of Beamish/Guinness. Its waaaaayyyy easier to drink tent warm stout than tent warm beer!

Didn't notice any in Tesco Cabra anyway. Think it was the usual 8 cans for €12.
    Had buckfast for €14 and 70cl Jameson for €25. That and some slabs did me :)

Obriens had 5 tasty Brewdog Jet Black Heart for a tenner.

Supervalu have 3 beamish cans for €5.50

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm staying not far from Carrick and am relying on taxis home. There's no way they're going to send me 50 or 60 mms out of my way to get home. Are they???

There are lots of boreens + short cuts around the area, but I don't know how taxis will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I don’t like any of the craft beers that everyone else seems to love. I drink Budweiser only and I know I can hear everyone groaning at me lol. I just don’t like any other Beer. Can anyone in the know tell me is there likely to be anything that tastes very close to bud?

Also didn’t notice the no BBQ rule! I wonder would a hexi cooker be ok to bring??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

RINO87 wrote: »

Dunnes are doing 2 for €50 at the minute on trays. Includes Guiness, Bud, Carlsberg, Heieken, Smirnoff, Absolut, Jameson, Captain Morgan, Bacardi and a smaller tray of Bulmers

Sorry, Bulmers are normal 24 can trays in this offer

danois wrote: »
    I don’t like any of the craft beers that everyone else seems to love. I drink Budweiser only and I know I can hear everyone groaning at me lol. I just don’t like any other Beer. Can anyone in the know tell me is there likely to be anything that tastes very close to bud?

Also didn’t notice the no BBQ rule! I wonder would a hexi cooker be ok to bring??

I don't have any suggestions as I drink beer. You should try it sometime. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I see in the FAQ's "Glass can be decanted into stainless steal bottles or re-usable plastic bottles." Does that mean if i want to bring a bottle of wine or spirits in needs to be decanted into a sports bottle or something and not an empty plastic coke bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Might have an issue with my tickets. Wondering if anyone knows can you enter with a family ticket and stay in normal camping if you don’t have kids with you? I know Sunday they said needs to be family. What happened was I was going with my hubby and my best mate. She was bringing her kids so we got family tickets too so we could stay in camp site with her and help out with kids. Looks likely now that she will have to cancel. I’m wondering will they not let us in with no kids? Wonder will they swap them for me even?

I was on them about this as my family are joining me on the Saturday. You can go general camping with a family ticket but not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey folks. I have not seen or read any mention of an on-site off license and/or beer chilling facility, anyone have info on this?

And sure while I am here - my ticket has not arrived yet and trying to contact ticketmaster is bloody impossible and infuriating. I’ve tried ringing, emailing and tweeting them. Anyone any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ah jesus. Dont be posting sh1t like that on the internet. You'll never live it down!

I don't have any suggestions as I drink beer. You should try it sometime. ;)

Was expecting this response lol I’ve tried them just really don’t like them! I’ll have to convert to bulmers and black currant for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Hey folks. I have not seen or read any mention of an on-site off license and/or beer chilling facility, anyone have info on this?

And sure while I am here - my ticket has not arrived yet and trying to contact ticketmaster is bloody impossible and infuriating. I’ve tried ringing, emailing and tweeting them. Anyone any suggestions?

I read a reply on their facebook saying there will be no alcohol purchasing facilities apart from the bars at the festival (You can buy cigarettes on site tho). So you can bring drink in, but you do have to bring it in yourself on your first entry when swapping your ticket for a wristband.

Some deals were mentioned earlier in the post here! Dunnes are doing a 50 euro for 2 slabs of beer deal, Aldi has 8 cans of heineken / bulmers for 12 euro and personally I'm chancing it with 24 beers and a bottle of vodka (which I'm planning to decant in a sports water bottle)

In terms of the ticket, not sure if I can help! I got digital tickets and printed them out myself, is that an option for you?

Was expecting this response lol I’ve tried them just really don’t like them! I’ll have to convert to bulmers and black currant for the weekend!

TBH I love my crafties but I will be on Heineken for the weekend as I find crafts are just too heavy or something for a session...even session IPA’s. I’ll bring 2/3 just for a taste of something different.

Ah jesus. Dont be posting sh1t like that on the internet. You'll never live it down!

So true lol 😂 always getting grief for my taste!

I read a reply on their facebook saying there will be no alcohol purchasing facilities apart from the bars at the festival. So you can bring drink in, but you do have to bring it in yourself.

Some deals were mentioned earlier in the post here! Dunnes are doing a 50 euro for 2 slabs of beer deal, Aldi has 8 cans of heineken / bulmers for 12 euro and personally I'm chancing it with 24 beers and a bottle of vodka (which I'm planning to decant in a sports water bottle)

In terms of the ticket, not sure if I can help! I got digital tickets and printed them out myself, is that an option for you?

It’s not. I’ve proof of purchase though so I’m sure it will be fine but could do without the stress of it and dealing with TM (THE SWINES!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I doubt we're getting a shuttle back into Waterford city are we? Surely unfair on those who have traveled down and paid for accommodation in Waterford City. I'm happy to camp at festival myself but shuttles would be a nice option too. Portlaw could be like down town Beirut with people taking the festival shuttle there in hope of getting a taxi back to Waterford or to the surrounding b&b's. No way will there be enough taxis unless the Waterford firms are all out there lining up.

I noticed they are stressing no one can enter the festival on foot. What about local access? My friend lives close by but the road to his house will be closed off. Will he be allowed walk home if he's genuinely in walking distance to the festival or will he need to take the shuttle to Portlaw and then find his way home that way?

Advertisement