Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

El Director: I'd say you're fine with your proof of purchase. Could be worth reaching out to TM / the festival organisers seeing if you can pick the tickets up from the box office there?
    I doubt we're getting a shuttle back into Waterford city are we? Surely unfair on those who have traveled down and paid for accommodation in Waterford City. I'm happy to camp at festival myself but shuttles would be a nice option too. Portlaw could be like down town Beirut with people taking the festival shuttle there in hope of getting a taxi back to Waterford or to the surrounding b&b's. No way will there be enough taxis unless the Waterford firms are all out there lining up.

I noticed they are stressing no one can enter the festival on foot. What about local access? My friend lives close by but the road to his house will be closed off. Will he be allowed walk home if he's genuinely in walking distance to the festival or will he need to take the shuttle to Portlaw and then find his way home that way?

I am also camping and don't think I would ever go to a festival if I couldn't camp there (so I don't go to city festivals) because the camping experience is waht makes the festival for me. That said, I get that not everyone wants that and a lot of people are feeling left stranded because the last shuttle bus is at 11.15pm which is eeeearly.

I'd say taxis will be an issue, we might get the local guys out and about, but they're probably not used to working until 3, 4 or 5 am in the morning so may not be around that late. Taxis from Waterford city could also be an issue with the other festival that's on there over the weekend. Going to be a busy bank holiday weekend for the area!

I don't really have advice or anything if you weren't staying at the festival, but I get people feel miffed but at the same time, is it usual for an event to make arrangements for the punters to get home? Or is that on the punters?

In terms of walking for locals, I honestly can't see how they're going to stop people from walking places if they want to, especially early in the morning. I'd say your mate is grand. Also I saw on the website you can go on your bike though... who even goes to a festival on a bicycle? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

danois wrote: »
    So true lol �� always getting grief for my taste!

I'm with you on this one. Much prefer the main stream lagers (or a nice bottle of red) than any of the craft beers, as I find there's a bitter aftertaste to many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Also I saw on the website you can go on your bike though... who even goes to a festival on a bicycle? :p

:D:D:D
    I will be !!
    I have to bring my bike in the car with us, as I have to go to work on Sat morning for a while. :rolleyes: So I cycle to work, and then back when finished.
    Its not ideal, but I'm not gonna take the car out of the campsite , go to work, and then have to Q up to get back into the campsite on Sat afternoon..

So ill be the lad cycling at the Festival !!! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    I will be !!
    I have to bring my bike in the car with us, as I have to go to work on Sat morning for a while. :rolleyes: So I cycle to work, and then back when finished.
    Its not ideal, but I'm not gonna take the car out of the campsite , go to work, and then have to Q up to get back into the campsite on Sat afternoon..

So ill be the lad cycling at the Festival !!! :D

Username checks out ;-)

I'll be sure to spot you haha! Makes sense in your circumstances though. I was envisioning people with 70l backpacks on bicycles pulling a trolley with beer and a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

El Director: I'd say you're fine with your proof of purchase. Could be worth reaching out to TM / the festival organisers seeing if you can pick the tickets up from the box office there?

I am also camping and don't think I would ever go to a festival if I couldn't camp there (so I don't go to city festivals) because the camping experience is waht makes the festival for me. That said, I get that not everyone wants that and a lot of people are feeling left stranded because the last shuttle bus is at 11.15pm which is eeeearly.

I'd say taxis will be an issue, we might get the local guys out and about, but they're probably not used to working until 3, 4 or 5 am in the morning so may not be around that late. Taxis from Waterford city could also be an issue with the other festival that's on there over the weekend. Going to be a busy bank holiday weekend for the area!

I don't really have advice or anything if you weren't staying at the festival, but I get people feel miffed but at the same time, is it usual for an event to make arrangements for the punters to get home? Or is that on the punters?

In terms of walking for locals, I honestly can't see how they're going to stop people from walking places if they want to, especially early in the morning. I'd say your mate is grand. Also I saw on the website you can go on your bike though... who even goes to a festival on a bicycle? :p

I agree with all of this. It is unfortunate that travel arrangements for locals and those not camping are a bit shite but, they can't cater for everyone and they obviously want people to stay for the entire festival and camp. Also, do bear in mind, it is the first year so, if the festival goes ahead again next year, they'll (hopefully) have learned a lot from this first year and (hopefully) will make adjustments.

And, I'm the same as yourself, a festival where you can't camp doesn't appeal to me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

Not sure if this has been posted already but Suirway Coaches have a shuttle running between Waterford and Portlaw. Although their Departure schedule only lists departing The Square, Portlaw. Cut off seems to be early too, 9pm to Waterford.

http://suirway.com/timetables/portlaw/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

So you can't bring a stove to make a cup of tea on the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Hello,

Has there been any app created with stage times for this festival?
    If not does anyone have a link to an updated clashfinder?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Clashfinder is fairly up to date but not definite: clashfinder.com/m/alltogethernow2018

There's an Android app called Festable made by the poster PabloAndRoy here that let's you view clashfinders and set favouritrs/reminders etc which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hello,

Has there been any app created with stage times for this festival?
    If not does anyone have a link to an updated clashfinder?

Thanks!

Festable for Android, big up to Pablo

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    So you can't bring a stove to make a cup of tea on the campsite?

Correct .... :rolleyes:

Going by the website - No BBQ's or gas stoves !! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Festable for Android, big up to Pablo

Thanks everyone and Pablo!

Here's the link for anyone looking for it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

Gas would more often than not be on the prohibited list for campsites, but disposable BBQ's are usually allowed (in designated areas).

Would it be seen as a fire risk because of the recent dry spell I wonder (although enough rain should have fallen in the last few days to negate that)?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It says nothing about Trangias/Alchohol stoves. Dare I chance it, or just leave it in car and nip out in the morning to boil water. It'd be as quick as queuing up for 20 minutes to ask for a cup of boiled water that is in fact lukewarm.

Weepsie wrote: »
    It says nothing about Trangias/Alchohol stoves. Dare I chance it, or just leave it in car and nip out in the morning to boil water. It'd be as quick as queuing up for 20 minutes to ask for a cup of boiled water that is in fact lukewarm.

Did it mention anything about just lighting a big old campfire ? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Showing my age here, but none of the campsites are designated as a quiet camp area at all are they? Stumbled upon one accidentally in EP one year and slept way better than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Thanks everyone and Pablo!

Here's the link for anyone looking for it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

I will have an update in the next day which includes a map for ATN.

S0XfmPE.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

MJohnston wrote: »
    Ugh. Have seen the no gas cylinders rule at EP and B&S but they never call out the campervans in it. I'll probably just hide mine somewhere in the van - the security at these things rarely checks the whole thing.

Have to hope it's just some Health and Safety cover-our-ass thing like the No Awnings rule.

No awnings rule ? I haven't seen this anywhere. Only this:

"Tents/Gazebos can not be erected in the campervan/caravan site."

So i'd imagine awnings are allowed. Was it mentioned somewhere else ?

Either way - therell be loads of tents in the camper site come 9pm friday like ay every other festival

As for the gas, at every festival i've seen, people use the gas no problems, including out in the open on tables in full view of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Lots of negative comments on twitter etc regarding the "transport" plans. For those of you close to the site what are your thoughts!!! I'll be heading the north/east route M9/N24 etc.. I suppose as with all festivals the earlier you get there the less likely of traffic issues!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

What's the actual issue with traffic and transport?

I do think people are being a bit unrealistic in their views of how a debut festival in an area where there's never been one run before should be run. They can't build new roads into the site. There's going to be traffic and limited accessibility, that's the rub of not having a festival in South Dublin.

Maybe I've underestimated the number of people who bought weekend tickets and don't want to camp... Is that really a significant number of people? Competely foreign concept to me...!

• Advertisement

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Lots of negative comments on twitter etc regarding the "transport" plans. For those of you close to the site what are your thoughts!!! I'll be heading the north/east route M9/N24 etc.. I suppose as with all festivals the earlier you get there the less likely of traffic issues!!!

Main source of negativity on twitter seems to be the shuttle buses finishing at 11.15pm with the festival still in full flow! Haven't seen the times and it doesn't affect me personally, but it seems like a strange move and can see why people are really annoyed.

I think the traffic management maps are really good...but then I'm coming up the country on the N25 so the red route is really handy for me. Red route folk from any other side (West especially) have to go all over the shop to get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MattD wrote: »

I do think people are being a bit unrealistic in their views of how a debut festival in an area where there's never been one run before should be run. They can't build new roads into the site. There's going to be traffic and limited accessibility, that's the rub of not having a festival in South Dublin.

Maybe I've underestimated the number of people who bought weekend tickets and don't want to camp... Is that really a significant number of people? Competely foreign concept to me...!

The red route coming from the West through Carrick is ridiculous though. Sending people to Waterford N24 then out on the N25 to Kilmacthomas.. thats nuts... Straight down the R676 (perfectly good road) from Carrick to Kilmacthomas is quicker by a long shot. You could even take a left on the R678 and get in that way.

I'd have to agree, I think it's the fact that we have no previous years to go on is what's freaking people out.

I don't know if it's normal for festivals to make sure punters get home in the evening, it's not something I've ever availed of at other festivals and I won't be here either. It does seem like there's a chunk of people not camping and to be honest that's the festival experience to me so I don't get it per se..
    It's a bit ****ty to offer shuttle busses throughout ticket sales though, to then actually only offer them until 11pm at night, well before all the activities wrap up. Add insult to injury with it being announced only a couple of days before the festival.
    In my opinion it seems weird to buy a ticket for something not knowing 100% how things will play out and basically taking a chance on someone else arranging transport for you. I'd never plan anything that way but then again, I'm a planner and I take that quite far :p that's just how I roll

I think the traffic management plans are decent, tho I don't get why I have to drive extra to Fiddown or whatever it's called when I can just cross the bridge in carrick (coming from the west, and will be chancing my arm taking the shortcut on Friday). Definitely some hassle for people having to drive around, some numbers floating about on FB and Twitter are an extra 50 - 70 km for some of the local peeps because of road blocks and what not.

I get people are freaked out, but on the other side of things, this is a festival not a school trip so I just wish everyone would chill the f out and look forward to having a good time on the weekend, that's just me tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Main source of negativity on twitter seems to be the shuttle buses finishing at 11.15pm with the festival still in full flow! Haven't seen the times and it doesn't affect me personally, but it seems like a strange move and can see why people are really annoyed.

I think the traffic management maps are really good...but then I'm coming up the country on the N25 so the red route is really handy for me. Red route folk from any other side (West especially) have to go all over the shop to get there!

West route does seem to be a little daft... Big circle round Carrick... I did think North/East route looked ok then I'm not from the area so not sure If I'm going to be going around the houses too.... Plan on getting down for about midday anyway so should be ok hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Suppose in my case would have liked a direct bus from dublin doing a return deal.

I'm probably spoiled from the package deals to EP.

Way it's going i'm getting down with JJ Kavanagh and then the bus eireann shuttle in; then back on shuttle and home with Dublin Coach .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

and it's worked out pretty expensive. 40ish round trip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just looked at the travel plan, they are hardly expecting someone living in carrick to not take the new bridge to get there?

eplady2017 wrote: »
    West route does seem to be a little daft... Big circle round Carrick... I did think North/East route looked ok then I'm not from the area so not sure If I'm going to be going around the houses too.... Plan on getting down for about midday anyway so should be ok hopefully..

North/East red route isn't too bad, it's more the folk coming from the West. I plan on getting there at around 3-4pm....so probably the same time as everyone else!:rolleyes:

The thing is if it's limited to campervan/family/boutique going that way, fingers crossed it won't be too busy (famous last words).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

danois wrote: »
    I don’t like any of the craft beers that everyone else seems to love. I drink Budweiser only and I know I can hear everyone groaning at me lol. I just don’t like any other Beer. Can anyone in the know tell me is there likely to be anything that tastes very close to bud?

Jaysus, you realise this is an over-21s festival, right? :P

• Advertisement

In my opinion it seems weird to buy a ticket for something not knowing 100% how things will play out and basically taking a chance on someone else arranging transport for you. I'd never plan anything that way but then again, I'm a planner and I take that quite far :p that's just how I roll

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm akin to you though in that I like to have everything hyper-planned, so couldn't fathom not knowing how I was getting to/from an event a week out from it...particularly when there's late nights involved!

Now, back to my laminated to-do list....;)

Advertisement