Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd have to agree, I think it's the fact that we have no previous years to go on is what's freaking people out.

I don't know if it's normal for festivals to make sure punters get home in the evening, it's not something I've ever availed of at other festivals and I won't be here either. It does seem like there's a chunk of people not camping and to be honest that's the festival experience to me so I don't get it per se..
    It's a bit ****ty to offer shuttle busses throughout ticket sales though, to then actually only offer them until 11pm at night, well before all the activities wrap up. Add insult to injury with it being announced only a couple of days before the festival.
    In my opinion it seems weird to buy a ticket for something not knowing 100% how things will play out and basically taking a chance on someone else arranging transport for you. I'd never plan anything that way but then again, I'm a planner and I take that quite far :p that's just how I roll

I think the traffic management plans are decent, tho I don't get why I have to drive extra to Fiddown or whatever it's called when I can just cross the bridge in carrick (coming from the west, and will be chancing my arm taking the shortcut on Friday). Definitely some hassle for people having to drive around, some numbers floating about on FB and Twitter are an extra 50 - 70 km for some of the local peeps because of road blocks and what not.

I get people are freaked out, but on the other side of things, this is a festival not a school trip so I just wish everyone would chill the f out and look forward to having a good time on the weekend, that's just me tho!

it definitely isn't the norm.

I'm not really sure what the issue is here, if you're staying off-site, then it's pretty much your responsibility to sort that out. there's some shuttle buses provided, if you don't like the hours/locations, then tough, camp. or sort out your own travel arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Korvanica wrote: »
    No awnings rule ? I haven't seen this anywhere. Only this:

"Tents/Gazebos can not be erected in the campervan/caravan site."

So i'd imagine awnings are allowed. Was it mentioned somewhere else ?

Either way - therell be loads of tents in the camper site come 9pm friday like ay every other festival

As for the gas, at every festival i've seen, people use the gas no problems, including out in the open on tables in full view of security.

Every year at Electric Picnic they say "No tents or awnings may be erected in the campervan/caravan fields" and every year when you pull up to the campervan site, the first thing the stewards ask is if you need space for an awning. Think Body and Soul have the same thing in their rules too.

My point is, sometimes they just list these things to look good for Health and Safety, but then they don't care when you get there.

In fact, last year at EP I remember them asking about Gas Cylinders when I arrived too, and then they said that a fire safety officer would have to come and inspect it later on, but nobody ever bothered.

On the BBQ thing - Body and Soul actually did enforce that this year, they were forcing people to use them only in a designated area of the campervan/family campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

For anyone intrested, I reverted the clashfinder back:

Mura Masa before Roisin Murphy

Horse Meat Disco before Black Madonna

this means that Mura Masa clashes with Maribou State, which is a tough one for me.

I have not seen Maribou State before. Anyone seen them?

Maribou State are pretty great - like Bonobo meets Zero 7 type of thing.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Maribou State are pretty great - like Bonobo meets Zero 7 type of thing.

Yeah, I had them on in the car for a solid week so really looking forward to hearing them live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

For anyone intrested, I reverted the clashfinder back:

Mura Masa before Roisin Murphy

Horse Meat Disco before Black Madonna

this means that Mura Masa clashes with Maribou State, which is a tough one for me.

I have not seen Maribou State before. Anyone seen them?

Are these definitely correct? I was under the impression that Roisin Murphy first and then Mura Masa was correct. Same with Black Madonna then Horse Meat Disco. Someone commented on their facebook photo yesterday and they said these times were correct. These are also the times listed on the website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

so wait.. if you are coming from Dublin you've to go via Carrick-On-Suir but go to Fiddown then hairpin back to Carrick-On-Suir (on the other side of the river?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Toast wrote: »
    so wait.. if you are coming from Dublin you've to go via Carrick-On-Suir but go to Fiddown then hairpin back to Carrick-On-Suir (on the other side of the river?)

There is no way they're gonna stop anyone from driving through Carrick.
    Just take exit 10 off the M9. #begrand

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Toast wrote: »

From Dublin I think it's all the way down the M9 to Waterford city then across..

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/getting-here

Have a look at the map here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Jaysus, you realise this is an over-21s festival, right? :P

😂 that made me actually lol my kids are always telling me I’m the most child like adult they know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I just driven around the estate.
    A bit of activity, but cant really see much as its completely hidden by trees.

I have my route done. its 11km as opposed to the 60km red route .

The blue route is much more handier to get to from all directions , but the Red entrance is a pain in the balls to get to if you are following the Festival route map.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Here's the Dublin to General Camping Carpark route:

Thanks that makes sense. Their diagram was hard to read with the dashed blue and solid blue.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    From Dublin I think it's all the way down the M9 to Waterford city then across..

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/getting-here

Have a look at the map here

To save yereselves time, get off the M9, head for carrick. Well signposted.
    When you get to carrick , head for Dungarvan on the R676 .
    the turn off for the blue car park on the R677 is about 3km out of carrick,
    then another 3km drive down the R677 to the festival car park. simples :D

Are these definitely correct? I was under the impression that Roisin Murphy first and then Mura Masa was correct. Same with Black Madonna then Horse Meat Disco. Someone commented on their facebook photo yesterday and they said these times were correct. These are also the times listed on the website now.

Okay. Just looked at the website and Mura Masa is after Roisin Murphy .. but Black Madonna is after Horse Meat Disco.

Clashfinder adjusted accordingly.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah ha! A local! I'm staying in a place in Gortrush, Greenspurs. Getting home in the evenings might be tricky. Don't suppose you have any local taxi contacts? I've been on to a place in Carrick but they're not filling me with confidence.

PM sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Ha, this is fairly mindbending...

The website is now saying Mura Masa after Roisin Murphy, but it was definitely saying the opposite previously. It does now match the images released on Facebook and Instagram though.

HMD and Black Madonna are still swapped - but on Facebook they've said that those times are right so Black Madonna at 12, HMD at 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Okay. Just looked at the website and Mura Masa is after Roisin Murphy .. but Black Madonna is after Horse Meat Disco.

Clashfinder adjusted accordingly.
    MattD wrote: »
    Ha, this is fairly mindbending...

The website is now saying Mura Masa after Roisin Murphy, but it was definitely saying the opposite previously. It does now match the images released on Facebook and Instagram though.

HMD and Black Madonna are still swapped - but on Facebook they've said that those times are right so Black Madonna at 12, HMD at 2...

It is a bit of a headmelter alright!! I messaged them on twitter to ask what the correct times are will let you know if I get a reply.

danois wrote: »
    �� that made me actually lol my kids are always telling me I’m the most child like adult they know!!

To answer your original question, it's a Heineken bar festival, so your choices will be at the bare minimum:

Heineken (and maybe Light)

Bulmers
    Orchard Thieves (and Light)

And I think at the Malahide Castle concerts, if I remember right they had Cute Hoor too. Out of those, Heineken Light would probably the closest to Bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

To answer your original question, it's a Heineken bar festival, so your choices will be at the bare minimum:

Isn't this Bulmers sponsored?

Looking at the Partners:
    Bulmers
    Five Lamps
    Jameson
    Ketel One Vodka
    Beefeater Gin

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    To save yereselves time, get off the M9, head for carrick. Well signposted.
    When you get to carrick , head for Dungarvan on the R676 .
    the turn off for the blue car park on the R677 is about 3km out of carrick,
    then another 3km drive down the R677 to the festival car park. simples :D

In fairness, you can only say that this will save distance as the traffic plan might favour traffic from a particular direction and you'll end up waiting for a while.

Like coming to EP from the south used to be the fastest way into the car parks, but then they changed the routing and it was way slower.

Of course the opposite might be true and it'll be super quick, who knows!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The drinks are Bulmers and 5 Lamps

To B]NOT[/B answer your original question, it's a Heineken Bulmers bar festival, so your choices will be at the bare minimum:

Heineken (and maybe Light)

Bulmers
    5 Lamps
    Orchard Thieves (and Light)

And I think at the Malahide Castle concerts, if I remember right they had Cute Hoor too. Out of those, Heineken Light would probably the closest to Bud.

FTFY... MJohnston, are you in the wrong thread?

In fairness, you can only say that this will save distance as the traffic plan might favour traffic from a particular direction and you'll end up waiting for a while.

Like coming to EP from the south used to be the fastest way into the car parks, but then they changed the routing and it was way slower.

Of course the opposite might be true and it'll be super quick, who knows!

Drive down around Waterford then..... I don't care :D

maximoose wrote: »
    Isn't this Bulmers sponsored?

Looking at the Partners:
    Bulmers
    Five Lamps
    Jameson
    Ketel One Vodka
    Beefeater Gin

Ugh yeah, the Bulmers vs Bulmers thing always catches me out.

FTFY... MJohnston, are you in the wrong thread?

Here, that last strikethrough was still accurate! Malahide Castle was a Heineken thing.

Drinks are definitely Bulmers & 5 lamps.

At B&S, it was €7.20 a pint to make up for the fact that we can bring our own booze. I expect the same here.

Here, that last strikethrough was still accurate! Malahide Castle was a Heineken thing.

Fixed .. still a bit misleading.

Its probably not too late to take your tablets today is it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Drinks are definitely Bulmers & 5 lamps.

At B&S, it was €7.20 a pint to make up for the fact that we can bring our own booze. I expect the same here.

Jaysus. I'll be sure to bring my 48 cans so.

• Advertisement

Fixed .. still a bit misleading.

Its probably not too late to take your tablets today is it? ;)

I hope not, I've to rush out and get more booze now so I don't end up having to drink that Bulmers' rubbish!

Advertisement