Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Drinks are definitely Bulmers & 5 lamps.

At B&S, it was €7.20 a pint to make up for the fact that we can bring our own booze. I expect the same here.

It was 6.70 a pint was it not? And then you'd get a Euro back on every 5 glasses or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

On the off chance does anyone know if we can take the Red Route to the Kelly Gate first, then proceed on to the Blue Gate/Ballyquinn Gate?

We are car-pooling and one of our party needs to check-in at the red gate, but we need to camp in general camping at Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    It was 6.70 a pint was it not? And then you'd get a Euro back on every 5 glasses or something?

Now you have me doubting myself ... then again your a bit off form today ... Im pretty sure it was 7.20 and you needed 10 fecking glasses t get your €2 back.

Maybe the Heineken was 6.70? ;)

RINO87 wrote: »
    On the off chance does anyone know if we can take the Red Route to the Kelly Gate first, then proceed on to the Blue Gate/Ballyquinn Gate?

We are car-pooling and one of our party needs to check-in at the red gate, but we need to camp in general camping at Blue.

I'm in the reverse boat, wondering what the answer is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The 2 gates are about 3km apart on the same road. I don't know if the road between the 2 gates is closed on the day.
    If it was open it would make the traffic on the road up to the Red gate very heavy though, so for that reason they mighnt allow traffic through.

There are a few minor roads to get you back across to the R676 road though if they don't let you through.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

As much as I like the look of this festival, you can definitely tell it's a POD thing rather than someone who actually genuinely cares about the attendees. Body and Soul will respond to messages and minor questions on Facebook all the time, yet there's not a single way to get a response from ATN.

greenspurs wrote: »
    The 2 gates are about 3km apart on the same road. I don't know if the road between the 2 gates is closed on the day.
    If it was open it would make the traffic on the road up to the Red gate very heavy though, so for that reason they mighnt allow traffic through.

There are a few minor roads to get you back across to the R676 road though if they don't let you through.

Thanks, 3km can be walked handy if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Can they not go in through the blue route with you ?
    and then just walk across to the red campsite?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

greenspurs wrote: »
    Can they not go in through the blue route with you ?
    and then just walk across to the red campsite?

I'm thinking they are on the guest list or somehting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

As much as I like the look of this festival, you can definitely tell it's a POD thing rather than someone who actually genuinely cares about the attendees. Body and Soul will respond to messages and minor questions on Facebook all the time, yet there's not a single way to get a response from ATN.

They were pretty responsive to my emails last week. I imagine the volume has increased significantly since then though.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking they are on the guest list or somehting like that.

Correct, one of us needs to check in at red first before we all set up camp at blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

They were pretty responsive to my emails last week. I imagine the volume has increased significantly since then though.

Ditto and the number of annoyances they seem to be trying to implement is not helping them, no gas cannisters, no plastic bottles, drink on first entry only etc are only adding to their hassle

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Ditto and the number of annoyances they seem to be trying to implement is not helping them, no gas cannisters, no plastic bottles, drink on first entry only etc are only adding to their hassle

No plastic bottles is not a policy for campers, it's a policy for vendors. You'll be fine bringing them. They could have worded this better, however.

Drink on first entry only is perfectly reasonable when there is a free-flow policy once you're in. It's how they do it at Body and Soul too. The alternative is the standard EP thing of unlimited booze in the campsites, but you can go into the arena with it. I prefer the free-flow policy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

I read a reply on their facebook saying there will be no alcohol purchasing facilities apart from the bars at the festival (You can buy cigarettes on site tho). So you can bring drink in, but you do have to bring it in yourself on your first entry when swapping your ticket for a wristband.

Some deals were mentioned earlier in the post here! Dunnes are doing a 50 euro for 2 slabs of beer deal, Aldi has 8 cans of heineken / bulmers for 12 euro and personally I'm chancing it with 24 beers and a bottle of vodka (which I'm planning to decant in a sports water bottle)

In terms of the ticket, not sure if I can help! I got digital tickets and printed them out myself, is that an option for you?

We are going on a Sunday day ticket as local to the festival. Anyone know are we allowed to bring in alcohol with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I do think that a few of the things that are upsetting people are tactical ways to ensure the first iteration of this festival has the best possibly chance of succeeding and fitting the demographic they want:

Sunday tickets for families will reduce the amount of messers only arriving on the Sunday and trying to sneak into the campsites and cause trouble.

Also increases the amount of lovely families around that give the festival the positive, good clean fun image they're going for.

The drink restrictions and free flow policies I think has anecdotally stopped people getting absolutely fxcked in the campsite and reduces the amount of really messy patrons in the evenings.

Sustainability - obviously to try and really encourage people to not leave the campsites in a state and take all their camping equipment home - no bad publicity after the festival.

You can bet that if people were waiting in non moving traffic for two hours before the festival they'd be immediately complaining up a storm on Social media - so naturally set up diversions and other routes to keep the traffic moving.

Even having slightly limited accessibility to the surrounding towns reduces the chances of them being overloaded with smelly festivalers and making them kick up a stink when ATN2019 is posed.

No plastic bottles is not a policy for campers, it's a policy for vendors. You'll be fine bringing them. They could have worded this better, however.

Not according to their website: https://www.alltogethernow.ie/faqs
    Can I bring glass bottles?

For safety reasons you are not allowed to bring glass bottles into either the camping or festival site. Alcohol within your limit must be decanted into reusable containers. Any glass items, except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave will not be permitted into the campsite or festival site. Glass can be decanted into stainless steal bottles or re-usable plastic bottles. In coherence with our suitability statement no plastic including bottles will be sold on site.

Can I bring soft drinks?

Yes. Canned soft drinks only. No plastic bottles. We will have water for sale throughout the site in 100% recyclable & 100% refillable cartons. We will also have water refilling stations & highly encourage you to bring along a stainless steel bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

For safety reasons you are not allowed to bring glass bottles into either the camping or festival site. Alcohol within your limit must be decanted into reusable containers. Any glass items, except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave will not be permitted into the campsite or festival site. Glass can be decanted into stainless steal bottles or re-usable plastic bottles. In coherence with our suitability statement no plastic including bottles will be sold on site.

Can I bring soft drinks?

Yes. Canned soft drinks only. No plastic bottles. We will have water for sale throughout the site in 100% recyclable & 100% refillable cartons. We will also have water refilling stations & highly encourage you to bring along a stainless steel bottle.

They seem to contradict themselves in a few places. I saw a comment on the facebook page from ATN saying that people would be allowed to bring plastic bottles in. I think it would be over the top if they didn't allow plastic bottles into the festival campsite at least.

Can I bring soft drinks?

Yeah but you'll note that the first answer "Glass can be decanted into [...] re-usable plastic bottles" is contradicted by the second. They'd be utterly mad to start getting people to empty out their plastic bottles at the entrance (and security would very quickly stop bothering). This is why I think they're just talking about not selling plastic bottles.

The madness of getting people to empty out a tonne of plastic bottles that have already been purchased because of sustainability.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well just bought a bunch of socks and jocks and will be recharging a few things tonight, woo hoo

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Correct, one of us needs to check in at red first before we all set up camp at blue.

We're in the same boat, two of our group are going in as guests, hopefully it wont be too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

If you mean walking the road I wouldn't advise it unless it's closed to traffic. It's a tight, twisty road with the high estate wall on one side for a lot of it.

It's a 45 minute walk according to Google Maps, which is a hell of a distance when you're lugging camping gear (or even just booze and your backpack).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

maximoose wrote: »
    Isn't this Bulmers sponsored?

Looking at the Partners:
    Bulmers
    Five Lamps
    Jameson
    Ketel One Vodka
    Beefeater Gin

And Fevertree.

They're responding on instagram, I'm not on Facebook so I don't know about Facebook. Also, it is the first year so they might be too busy to respond to everything. Also, it is all kicking off on Friday so they're probably mega busy.
    MattD wrote: »
    Even having slightly limited accessibility to the surrounding towns reduces the chances of them being overloaded with smelly festivalers and making them kick up a stink when ATN2019 is posed.

How. Dare. You.

Yeah but you'll note that the first answer "Glass can be decanted into [...] re-usable plastic bottles" is contradicted by the second. They'd be utterly mad to start getting people to empty out their plastic bottles at the entrance (and security would very quickly stop bothering). This is why I think they're just talking about not selling plastic bottles.

I think they're saying the re-useable type flask / hard plastic drinking bottles are fine but that "disposable" plastic bottles that coke, water etc come in are prohibited.

It's a 45 minute walk according to Google Maps, which is a hell of a distance when you're lugging camping gear (or even just booze and your backpack).

The walk would be done without all the stuff. Plan would be drive to blue, chill in the carpark with tins and choons while one of the guys tips down to red for their wristband.

I think they're saying the re-useable type flask / hard plastic drinking bottles are fine but that "disposable" plastic bottles that coke, water etc come in are prohibited.

Well they can pry my 5L bottles of drinking water from my cold, dead hands! (I'll probably hide them anyway, saving the risk).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I usually stay In pink moon at EP but have to brave the general camping at this! Going with one other friend bringing two small enough two man tents. Probably won’t get there until 5pm, any general camping tips or how to decide on best spot to set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

showpony1 wrote: »
    I usually stay In pink moon at EP but have to brave the general camping at this! Going with one other friend bringing two small enough two man tents. Probably won’t get there until 5pm, any general camping tips or how to decide on best spot to set up?

Away from and fences, trees etc. These tend to turn into a makeshift gent's toilets eventually.

Also away from any main paths.

Nowhere near the toilets or water points. Obvious reasons here.

As flat an area as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I assume all the acts have been announced at this point?

Advertisement