Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

D.Q wrote: »
    I assume all the acts have been announced at this point?

Apart from the special guests to be announced for the Afterburner.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Well just bought a bunch of socks and jocks and will be recharging a few things tonight, woo hoo

Are you working at this one too?

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Are you working at this one too?

Yeah just a weekend volunteering slot this year as its their first. :) Will be onsite Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Yeah just a weekend volunteering slot this year as its their first. :) Will be onsite Thursday evening.

Ooh I'd be so grateful if you could check in here once you're down and let us know what you think? It's ATN's first year and it's my first time going to a festival in its first year (been to 7 EPs) so I'm wondering how smooth/rough it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Arcadia afterburner and Road to Nowhere stages pics up on Instagram. The place is going to look amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

There aren't too many guitar bands playing are there? Any recommendations on that front?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

D.Q wrote: »
    There aren't too many guitar bands playing are there? Any recommendations on that front?
    Hardly a sniff which is a shame. Mogwai, Whenyoung if you like some indie pop and Fufanu, alternative rock from Iceland, have some guitar in there with the synth. I haven't come across much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Arcadia afterburner and Road to Nowhere stages pics up on Instagram. The place is going to look amazing.

Looks brilliant. The site is looking amazing from all of the pics i have seen ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Any decent beer deals this week?
    I've been in my local SuperValu and the Heineken is €13 for 8 cans. Terrible prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Hardly a sniff which is a shame. Mogwai, Whenyoung if you like some indie pop and Fufanu, alternative rock from Iceland, have some guitar in there with the synth. I haven't come across much else.

Yeah bit of a pity really. Cheers for the tips though, I'll check them out!

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Tesco have slabs of Heineken/grolsch/carling/molson/Carlsberg for €24 this week

Is this 24 cans for 24 Euro deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yip, just had to take one can out of the tray to scan

Any decent beer deals this week?
    I've been in my local SuperValu and the Heineken is €13 for 8 cans. Terrible prices.

Well there's yer answer dude. :)

Originally Posted by bodhrandude View Post
    Yip, just had to take one can out of the tray to scan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The final update to the app is in the Play Store:

- Fixed a bug where the app was crashing offline
    - Clash icons are same as theme
    - Added a map for ATN

I probably won't do any more updates unless someone sees an issue, then PM me here (that's how i found the crashing bug)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Looking to pick up a cheap camping chair in dublin city center, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

showpony1 wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a cheap camping chair in dublin city center, any recommendations?

Home Store and More are doing cheap stuff
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/wigig-13

Also halfords have cheap ones for €7 too
    https://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/camping-furniture?cm_re=mmcampingleisure-_-Camping-_-Campfurn

Drinks offers in Tesco
    Bulmers (cloudy lemon, strawberry and lime, pear) 4 cans for €7
    Bacardi Cuba libre (rum, cola and lime) 4 cans for €10
    Fevertree tonic 8 cans (light elderflower, light mediterranean, naturally light, indian tonic) €7
    Jameson, ginger ale and lime premixed cans €2.99 each
    Captain Morgan spiced rum and cola 4 premixed cans for €7

Big bottles of spirits in Tesco
    Ketel One Vodka 70cl €30 (usually €40)
    Absolut Vodka (mango, citron, raspberry, pear) 70cl €23 (the plain vodka is €26.69) Supervalu have the 1litre for €30 (usually €39.99)
    Gordons Gin 1litre €23
    Captain Morgan white rum and spiced rum 70cl €23 Supervalu have the 1litre for €30 (usually €35)
    Smirnoff Vodka 1litre €23
    Beefeater Pink Gin 70cl €23 (usually €25)
    Bombay Sapphire Gin 70cl €22 (usually €29.99)

Gordons and tonic premixed cans
    Gordon pink gin and tonic premixed cans
    Smirnoff and cola premixed cans
    Smirnoff and cranberry premixed cans
    Smirnoff and diet cola premixed cans
    Captain Morgan white mojito premixed cans
    Captain Morgan spiced and cola premixed cans
    All of these €2 per can

O'Briens special offers
    Monkey 47 Gin 50cl €47 (usually €60)
    Mor Irish Gin 70cl €42.95 (usually €48)
    Ciroc Vodka 70cl €41.95 (usually €60)
    Ketel One Vodka 70cl €34.95 (usually €47)
    Opihr Gin 70cl €34.95 (usually €39.95)
    Beefeater 24 Gin 70cl €27.95 (usually €37)
    Bacardi rum 1litre €25 (usually €37.25)
    Huzzar Vodka 1litre €25 (usually €32.95)
    Captain Morgan spiced rum 70cl €22.95 (usually €26.50)
    Captain Morgan white rum 70cl €22.95 (usually €24)
    Stolichnaya Vodka €19.95 (usually €29)
    Bacardi Oakheart Rum 70cl €19.95 (usually €30.50)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

showpony1 wrote: »

Get a used one from pamper camper down there.

http://pamperthecamper.com/product/camping-chair/

Same price as city center and you can return it and get a fiver back at end of the festival if ye don't want to take it home with you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

can someone spell this out for me / hold my hand on it and make it very clear

can you arrive with a glass 1 litre bottle of spirits and decant it into a plastic bottle there?

or can you arrive with it already decanted into a plastic bottle (which wasn't allowed at EP last time I was there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

can you arrive with a glass 1 litre bottle of spirits and decant it into a plastic bottle there?

or can you arrive with it already decanted into a plastic bottle (which wasn't allowed at EP last time I was there)

2nd option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

That has always been allowed in EP, not into the arena but into the campsite.

You won't be allowed in anywhere with the glass bottle at atn and it's not clear if you'll be allowed in with it decanted into an empty plastic bottle or if they are only permitting hard plastic reusable drinking bottles

Simona1986 wrote: »
    That has always been allowed in EP, not into the arena but into the campsite.

You won't be allowed in anywhere with the glass bottle at atn and it's not clear if you'll be allowed in with it decanted into an empty plastic bottle or if they are only permitting hard plastic reusable drinking bottles

I had to throw out a bottle which already had drink in it because it wasn't decanted into one of the supplied bottles 2 years ago at EP and that happened to a few other people around me at the same time. This was on first entry at the time of getting the wristband etc..

If you can bring it in a plastic bottle then that's grand, but different to EP from my experience but I'd love to know 100% for certain because a litre of spirits isn't cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Weepsie wrote: »
    It says nothing about Trangias/Alchohol stoves. Dare I chance it, or just leave it in car and nip out in the morning to boil water. It'd be as quick as queuing up for 20 minutes to ask for a cup of boiled water that is in fact lukewarm.

I actually emailed them about the trangia and they replied saying they’re not allowed either

Second option for sure. I've been to 7 EPs and I've always brought cans of mixers and plastic bottles with various spirits, without any issues.

I had to throw out a bottle which already had drink in it because it wasn't decanted into one of the supplied bottles 2 years ago at EP and that happened to a few other people around me at the same time. This was on first entry at the time of getting the wristband etc..

If you can bring it in a plastic bottle then that's grand, but different to EP from my experience but I'd love to know 100% for certain because a litre of spirits isn't cheap

Strange how they just wouldn't let you decant into the supplied bottle, was it the Scottish security.

Strange how they just wouldn't let you decant into the supplied bottle, was it the Scottish security.

It was the Scottish security yeah. We were early so maybe they were feeling extra kuntish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Apart from the special guests to be announced for the Afterburner.

All presuming it's gonna be underworld , did something similar at their set in at the picnic in 2011. Long shot would be king Kong company making a surprise appearance.

lbj666 wrote: »
    All presuming it's gonna be underworld , did something similar at their set in at the picnic in 2011. Long shot would be king Kong company making a surprise appearance.

Didn't KKC confirm they weren't playing this festival, I'm sure I saw it somewhere.

Edit: Yup they are playing Beatyard and also Indiependence on the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Usually buy my cans on site at the off license in EP, but this time will be looking to cart 48 cans each and our tent from car park.

I remember EP used to have people you could rent trolleys off, any idea if this will be here? Or any links to cheap trolleys?

Cheapest I could see is €90 which is steep for ten mins use!

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    Ooh I'd be so grateful if you could check in here once you're down and let us know what you think? It's ATN's first year and it's my first time going to a festival in its first year (been to 7 EPs) so I'm wondering how smooth/rough it'll be.

I've a **** phone that is so out of date, boards hardly works on it and I can't get Pablo's app thing to work on it either, nearly every app I try to put into it says 'not compatible.' So if you pm your phone number I can add to Whatsapp or name on facebook so I could add as friend. But I've heard coverage is supposed to be crap for Curraghmore, so I don't know what the EIR signal is like.

Advertisement