Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

showpony1 wrote: »
    Usually buy my cans on site at the off license in EP, but this time will be looking to cart 48 cans each and our tent from car park.

I remember EP used to have people you could rent trolleys off, any idea if this will be here? Or any links to cheap trolleys?

Cheapest I could see is €90 which is steep for ten mins use!

One of these might be your best bet:
    https://www.diy.com/departments/foldable-hand-cart-max-weight-80kg/1362659_BQ.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't really have a music agenda for this as I have seen quite a lot of the acts before, but I would like to check out Roisin Murphy, as I've missed her the last few times she played the Picnic, caught one of the RTE streams of the Electric Picnic programme after the festival and I liked what I saw of her set. Will probably check out the Fleet Foxes as well as have never seen them. It will be mostly a case of just following the sounds with my heart and maybe making a few discoveries in the process as well as exploring a new festival site. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

This weather is not filling me full of joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Anyone know of anywhere with cheap cool boxes on sale at the moment? Please and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The weather forecast has taken a bad turn

• Advertisement

From the weather forum
    THURSDAY ..... Some heavy showers at first becoming confined to the north and drier, sunnier conditions will spread from the south later in the day. Maximum temperatures will shoot up in any sunshine that does develop ranging from 18 to 23c.

FRIDAY ..... Dry with periods of variable cloud and sunshine. Winds light in nature with the outside chance of a shower for scattered parts. Maximum temperatures ranging from 18 to 25c.

SATURDAY ..... Dry and mostly sunny again with light winds that are variable in direction courtesy of an anticyclone that will ridge over top of us. Maximum temperatures ranging from 18 to 24c.

SUNDAY ..... Staying dry and mostly sunny. Could be quite a warm day with maxima getting up to 26 or 27c whilst more generally 18 to 25c. Compared to what the guidance showed initially, now it looks as though the warmest conditions will be in the south. Big changes like this prove the uncertainty.

I am clinging to the fact that the weather forum has never steered me wrong in the past. I live just outside Waterford and there's been a lot of rain overnight and it looks so miserable now, please please let this clear up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

YR.NO still hopeful too. Where are the bad forecasts coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

the weather will be grand.

It rained on and off yesterday and has been raining since early this morning in Waterford. It just looks shite right now.

Yr has rain and cloudy friday, temps not going above 20 for the weekend with cloud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Picked this trolley up off adverts for €20 last week - bargain

IMG_20180801_064331.jpg

They are available new @€;36 from https://www.ie.screwfix.com/heavy-duty-hand-truck-300kg.html but delivery might be tight at this stage

Also got a nice big icebox in The Range for €15. It's not electric but should keep me in ice until sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

More to the point - where did you get the box of Punk? :O

More to the point - where did you get the box of Punk? :O

Local O'Briens off license. They do 3x the large 500ml cans for €9. €72 for the full tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

ddubs wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere with cheap cool boxes on sale at the moment? Please and thanks!

I think aldi had some in a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ddubs wrote: »

Saw them in Mr Price for €20

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Yr has rain and cloudy friday, temps not going above 20 for the weekend with cloud

No rain at all on Friday:
    https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Waterford/long.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Local O'Briens off license. They do 3x the large 500ml cans for €9. €72 for the full tray.

Well I know where I'm headed after work! :D

Little tip I got from someone on boards for a few years ago for a festival

This bags are 3 for €1.50 in Dealz. They are great for holding cans and ice inside a backpack. Waterproof and resealable so no leakage. Keeps the beer cold all day and will work really well with the free flow policy in ATN

80633_34.jpg

Portlaw has rain from 3-6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Does anyone know if there will be ice for sale on-site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Little tip I got from someone on boards for a few years ago for a festival

This bags are 3 for €1.50 in Dealz. They are great for holding cans and ice inside a backpack. Waterproof and resealable so no leakage. Keeps the beer cold all day and will work really well with the free flow policy in ATN

80633_34.jpg

freeze a 2-5l bottle of water and put it in your cool bag; whatever meltwater comes off you can drink. And no mess. Get a freeze block (one of those blue plastic things and throw it into the cooler bag over night; take out and throw into backpack with cans for mobile cooler :)

Larger bottles stay frozen longer. Another wee tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Picked this trolley up off adverts for €20 last week - bargain

IMG_20180801_064331.jpg

They are available new @€;36 from https://www.ie.screwfix.com/heavy-duty-hand-truck-300kg.html but delivery might be tight at this stage

Also got a nice big icebox in The Range for €15. It's not electric but should keep me in ice until sunday.

Jaysus I'll be keeping an eye out for you to skag some cans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

MattD wrote: »

Getting a headache looking at all that hoppy goodness.

I get a headache three Punk cans in, no delay on the hangover.

Looks Impressive.

MattD wrote: »

They're going straight into the locker I was asking about a few pages ago :D:D

If any boardsie spot me with the trolley and wants to take a lend of it just give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I know those guys on that site .. yeah this looks like ****e ... If I can't bring my gas bottles, I actually don't want to go.

I just asked on their facebook, but it looks like the conversation has already been had with some of the lads on motorhomecraic.

I asked specifically about built in gas systems

Response was:

"Sorry no gas cylinders allowed on site . Gas will be confiscated on entry"

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

Been to ep in a caravan for years and never once asked about gas I know it's down on the dos and donts. But campers and caravans need gas for heating , hot water , and fridges. I will be taking it with me as I'd say most people will .

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Portlaw has rain from 3-6pm

Ah lads would ye stop

Ah lads would ye stop

It's gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

showpony1 wrote: »
    Usually buy my cans on site at the off license in EP, but this time will be looking to cart 48 cans each and our tent from car park.

I remember EP used to have people you could rent trolleys off, any idea if this will be here? Or any links to cheap trolleys?

Cheapest I could see is €90 which is steep for ten mins use!

Halford's have folding trolleys for around 16Eur at the mo. Picked one up at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The flush wrote: »
    Been to ep in a caravan for years and never once asked about gas I know it's down on the dos and donts. But campers and caravans need gas for heating , hot water , and fridges. I will be taking it with me as I'd say most people will .

Yes but the EP website states explicitly that fitted gas cylinders in campervans ARE allowed. (https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials#info-section-37172)

ATN state explicitly that they are not.

Advertisement