Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Neroli wrote: »
    Hello,
    Apologies if already answered or a stupid question...
    Is there an official line on the alcohol allowance and combining beer and spirits?
    The Faqs say
    "each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 48 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption"

I'd assume it would be ok to split it between cans and spirits but don't want to find out I'm wrong!!!

officially - no.

however, at Body and Soul they have the same rule but it's not checked/enforced at all. it'll probably be the same at ATN.
    Just have your spirits in plastic bottles and stuffed into your bag.

it's a complete nonsense of a rule really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Neroli wrote: »
    Hello,
    Apologies if already answered or a stupid question...
    Is there an official line on the alcohol allowance and combining beer and spirits?
    The Faqs say
    "each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 48 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption"

I'd assume it would be ok to split it between cans and spirits but don't want to find out I'm wrong!!!

I'd imagine you'll be fine - they won't be counting.

If there is some sort of issue with splitting (and assuming a friend is too) then one person take all the beer and your friend take all the spirits. As regards the volumes of spirits, they're not going to be scientifically measuring how much liquid is contained in your non-descript container. :D

But it won't be an issue unless you're bringing enough that it looks like you're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I’ve been to Body and Soul 5 times and they have not once actually searched through my rucksack to see what alcohol I have stuffed in there. They were far more concerned about searching wallets/handbags for drugs this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Piltown has been struggling the past week with some severs water leaks and the water has been off for most homes, I'm hoping this has not affected Portlaw aswel as that would be a disaster.
    No resolution yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

Currently having a lot of back issues but going on Sunday with my friends and really don’t want to have to miss out. I haven’t been to a festival before and wondering will there be any seating around for me to sit down. I know I’m crazy going but I really don’t want to miss out as we have it planned with ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

No chairs allowed in the arena, but you may be able to find somewhere to sit in the grounds ? Looks like there could be a few areas at the front of the house.

Get onto them and tell them about your condition, they might give you something like a disabled pass allowing you to bring in a chair for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

ryaner777 wrote: »
    No chairs allowed in the arena, but you may be able to find somewhere to sit in the grounds ? Looks like there could be a few areas at the front of the house.

Get onto them and tell them about your condition, they might give you something like a disabled pass allowing you to bring in a chair for yourself

Do you know if that is actually possible? I have problems with my back and every year I go to EP I'm cursing about having no proper chair to sit in. I never even thought to contact the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

My weather update:

Pre-festival conditions - over the last couple of days there hasn't been too much rain in the area, maybe about 4mm in total. Friday/Saturday last week had a decent amount, around 20/30mm in total. There's probably going to be another 10mm before Friday morning too. However this part of the country had a substantial soil moisture deficit of around 50mm, so hopefully the ground has been drinking this up and the site can remain largely mud free once people start arriving.

Friday - this will be quite a warm, cloudy day with max air temperatures of around 22/23C. There might be a very small amount of rain around about the time the festival is due to open at midday, but a lot of the clouds should clear by late afternoon, so hopefully some nice sunshine will be around then too. It's going to be quite a muggy feeling day too, though that should hopefully subside as the clouds clear later in the afternoon and into the evening.

Overnight Friday to Saturday - dry, and fairly mild with lows of around 12C.

Saturday - should be a lovely dry and sunny day, with air temps getting up to 20C or so, in addition to a low amount of cloud cover meaning a lot of direct sunlight (there is some more substantial cloud cover to the north though, so there is a chance this could push down and give us less sunshine). Sunburn risks would be pretty high here, so bring the suncream!

Overnight Sat to Sunday - about the same as the previous night, though a lot less cloudy so perhaps might end up getting a little bit chillier.

Sunday - my confidence in the forecast for this day is a bit lower as it's too far out, but I'm fairly confident that the chances of rain are zero for most of the day, there's a slight possibility of some very light stuff around 10pm and later. Otherwise much the same as Saturday with perhaps a touch more cloud.

Overnight Sun to Monday - around 10C, very very slight possibility of a tiny amount of rain, very cloudy.

Overall, the confidence is fairly high on a good, dry weekend of weather for Portlaw, and Saturday and Sunday could end up being excellent days. As ever, don't go putting all your eggs in one basket with this forecast: make sure you still pack a light waterproof jacket at the very least; prepare to layer up on the evenings as it will feel chilly in comparison to the day time; and definitely have sunscreen at the ready, there's nothing worse than sleeping in a tent with sunburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

erica74 wrote: »
    Do you know if that is actually possible? I have problems with my back and every year I go to EP I'm cursing about having no proper chair to sit in. I never even thought to contact the organisers.

No idea, but when my brother had a serious leg break we contacted the 3 arena and they arranged access to the disabled area for him( he was temporarily in a wheelchair)

Can't hurt to ask, I'd include a copy of medical reports/doctors letter if ye have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Was just going through the lineup and listening to some I hadn't noticed previously. One that stood out is Oscar Jerome... smooth stuff. Me like it.

Added to itinerary first thing Friday, no clashes. Then on to Ghostpoet, The Go! Team, some Chaka Khan, some Mogwai, HMD/Toby Kaar/Black Madonna/Arcadia. Great start to the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Would really recommend Sing Along Social on the Friday night. Incredible feel good craic.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/sing-along-social-3466279-Jul2017/

Just saw her at Knockanstockan and she brightened up my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Those late night post midnight Friday acts/clashes are really something. There will be mighty good vibes coming from all corners of the arena, where to choose...!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah was at sing along social at Body & Soul and it was great craic, really got everyone in the mood for a good night!

Last year some legend made a printable timetable for Electric Picnic here. Does anyone know how he might have done it or how a similar one could be replicated? I would be willing to put in the work but my Microsoft Office skills (or whatever he used) are lacking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Could you bring in a fold-up chair with you? I've brought them to the Picnic a few times and was definitely worth it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9278321/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/Trail/searchtext%3EFOLDING.htm

MattD wrote: »
    Those late night post midnight Friday acts/clashes are really something. There will be mighty good vibes coming from all corners of the arena, where to choose...!?
    Booka Brass - The Go Team - Chaka Khan - Sing Along Social - Get Down Edits - Dj Deece @ Arcadia.

That is a 7pm - 3.30am streak of no clash good vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Would a local mind going to see how the midges situation is at the festival? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Would a local mind going to see how the midges situation is at the festival? :p

#Offensive...

You must call us "Small Statured" nowadays, you philistine ...........

:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

hahaha FAIR I deserve that :D

What I really meant to say is, it being by a lake and all that ... is there going to be loads?

I also live by a lake and the rain is keeping them at bay for now, but I tend to have (minor) allergic reactions to insect bites that I need to bring stuff for if there's going to be many!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

I'm sure this is a no, but can you come on the Saturday and camp till the Monday at a reduced price?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Was the HMD and Black Madonna set times cleared up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Currently having a lot of back issues but going on Sunday with my friends and really don’t want to have to miss out. I haven’t been to a festival before and wondering will there be any seating around for me to sit down. I know I’m crazy going but I really don’t want to miss out as we have it planned with ages!

Not too sure. I had a broken ankle last year at picnic and had to contact them with regards to this . If I remember correctly I had to get a permission letter off them to bring in a chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Chelon wrote: »
    I'm sure this is a no, but can you come on the Saturday and camp till the Monday at a reduced price?

No. Best chance you have of that is picking up a weekend ticket on adverts etc from Friday if it doesn't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Yeah was at sing along social at Body & Soul and it was great craic, really got everyone in the mood for a good night!

Last year some legend made a printable timetable for Electric Picnic here. Does anyone know how he might have done it or how a similar one could be replicated? I would be willing to put in the work but my Microsoft Office skills (or whatever he used) are lacking :p

Jaysus, I wish I'd known about that timetable last year, looks very nifty! I've not even the office skills to consider making something similar but the clashfinder is printable and ya can highlight your acts before you print. Should get you by!
    https://clashfinder.com/s/alltogethernow2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Any chance of an update Thurs regarding ground condition etc..

Yup got in touch with someone in the thread here so will be posting pics in Whatsapp and they will get shared in this thread on Thursday. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jarvisob

Anyone where to find out if there are any direct shuttle buses/minibus going from Cork to the festival?

Dunnes doing some great drinks deals.

2 x litres of selected spirits for 50e

2 x slabs for 50e

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

My email to ATN and their response on the gas bottles..

Just noticed in your FAQ that has cylinders are not allowed anywhere including campervan, yet your policy states that each campervan must have cooking facilities. How can someone cook if they can't bring the required fuel?

Your campervan must have a door that provides access to the living accommodation. The vehicle must be in a livable condition with a fitted bed, cooking facility & washing facility. These are to be permanent fixtures.

Generators are not permitted.

Gas cylinders & BBQs are not allowed.

Can you please clarify?

Their response

Gas tanks are not permitted on site.

These requirements are to show that the vehicle is a camper van and not just a vehicle.

Kind Regards,

ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

So campervans with permanently fixed gas cylinders are okay? :confused:
    I'm not even staying in a campervan but find this so bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

So campervans with permanently fixed gas cylinders are okay? :confused:
    I'm not even staying in a campervan but find this so bizarre.

No they are saying no gas cylinders permitted at all..... anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

basically if you have gas cylinders, you have to take them out.
    "potential cooking facilities" would be a more accurate requirement.

Advertisement