Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Goldigga wrote: »
    No they are saying no gas cylinders permitted at all..... anywhere

Ha ha no that can't be, they insist that your campervan is indeed a camper van as it has to have cooking facilities, so they will create an awful rumpus which campervan people will not tolerate if they try to remove the proper fitted cylinder otherwise they are just contradicting themselves. I would just turn up with your campervan and maybe by the time yours gets searched the security super will have had a word in their ear to cop tae fcuk on.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Ha ha no that can't be, they insist that your campervan is indeed a camper van as it has to have cooking facilities, so they will create an awful rumpus which campervan people will not tolerate if they try to remove the proper fitted cylinder otherwise they are just contradicting themselves. I would just turn up with your campervan and maybe by the time yours gets searched the security super will have had a word in their ear to cop tae fcuk on.

Well thats definitely what they are stating here and in FAQ , but yes I will be bringing a small bottle regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

There's going to be quite a lot of people who just turn up without having seen that restriction, based on other festivals where it has been fine. Given that ATN will probably be using the same security crowd as EP and whatnot, I can't imagine they'll bother checking for anything other than glass and sharps.

I'll either hide my canister somewhere in the van or not bring it, I'm not going to lose the money that those canisters cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Was the HMD and Black Madonna set times cleared up ?

No .. still don't know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Well thats definitely what they are stating here and in FAQ , but yes I will be bringing a small bottle regardless.

Some security guy will blow up a van trying to remove the gas.
    It's the maddest festival rule I've heard.
    If I was going in a camper, I'd be bringing my gas.

What next - cars in the car park must be on the yellow light or you'll have to drive in circles to use up your tank?

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    There's going to be quite a lot of people who just turn up without having seen that restriction, based on other festivals where it has been fine. Given that ATN will probably be using the same security crowd as EP and whatnot, I can't imagine they'll bother checking for anything other than glass and sharps.

I'll either hide my canister somewhere in the van or not bring it, I'm not going to lose the money that those canisters cost.

Exactly this. Most campers also have two bottles, one active and one full spare. All the bays have room for this. Even my tiny caravan has room. These guys are going to accumulate a lot of gas bottles if this stupid rule is enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

The weather is finally turning, rejoice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

https://www.ticketweb.ie/event/giglocker-all-together-curraghmore-estate-tickets/8411655

Had a problem booking a locker yesterday. Ticketweb processed the payment twice and took it from the bank account. There is no way to actually speak to someone in ticketweb as there customer service phone is just a recorded message.

I contacted Giglocker directly on facebook who got back to me and said they'll sort it all out for me when we arrive tomorrow.

Fantastic service from Giglocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

No they are saying no gas cylinders permitted at all..... anywhere

Crazy , absolutely crazy 'rule' !!!!

Whats stopping people in Campers just hiding the gas bottles? Are the security teams going to do a full search?
    I would be hiding my gas bottle ...

Weather is improved today. Puffy white clouds, a few grey, sun peeking out , and not much wind. :p

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

We have two people in our car staying in tangerine fields and one staying in general camping. Anyone with knowledge of the site know if the person staying in the general camping will be able to walk from entrance 2 through to the general camping area?

If not what's the feasibility of driving to entrance 1, dropping off and then driving to entrance 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm very unprepared for this.. anyone know where to get a tent and groundmat in Dublin city centre tonight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm very unprepared for this.. anyone know where to get a tent and groundmat in Dublin city centre tonight?!

dunnes stores stephens green,

Trespass in stephens green also have a 60%off sale. Better quality tents I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Lots of camping shops in the city have both along with argos.

Dealz even have both for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Argos have cheap tents, mats and camping gear

Ramblers Way on Mary Street

Cotswolds

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Halfords have half price camping gas at the moment! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No real update to the weather forecast I posted yesterday other than to say I'm now more confident about the Sunday prediction, and that Friday looks like it might actually be quite sunny in the afternoon, rather than the cloudiness it seemed there might be yesterday. Still a great looking weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fufanu gone straight onto my list :)

We have two people in our car staying in tangerine fields and one staying in general camping. Anyone with knowledge of the site know if the person staying in the general camping will be able to walk from entrance 2 through to the general camping area?

If not what's the feasibility of driving to entrance 1, dropping off and then driving to entrance 2

Once inside the site theres not much distance between the 2 campsites, BUT, it would depend on the people checking tickets at the entrances if they would allow someone who is supposed to enter via Entrance 2 , enter through entrance 1.

On the road there is about 3km between the 2 entrances (both along the same stretch of road), and I don't know if they would allow traffic drive between the 2 entrances ?

Does anyone know what is the story as regards leaving the campsite?

I need to work on Saturday morning...... So I have emailed and tweeted ATN to ask if I can walk out of the campsite on Saturday morning down to Portlaw village.
    And what exit would I use ?

No replies yet ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, nobody seems clear on that trek to Portlaw bit yet. I've been told that shuttles run between Portlaw and site from 12 in morning till midnight Friday and Sunday and until 1.30 am on Saturday. What happens outside those times? Can you walk it? Can taxis, minibus etc travel to site entrance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

greenspurs wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is the story as regards leaving the campsite?

I need to work on Saturday morning...... So I have emailed and tweeted ATN to ask if I can walk out of the campsite on Saturday morning down to Portlaw village.
    And what exit would I use ?

No replies yet ......

Yeah I'd like to know this too please. Will you update us if they reply? Could easily get a lift back into the city and shower, eat etc and get back in again that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Hi all,

Looks like I will have 1 family camping ticket for sale if anyone is looking. I have asked and it can be used as family or exchanged on day for standard camping. I am going so can meet up close to the festival if it suits. Bought ticket in first release looking to get the money paid for it back. will take €150. If you know anyone looking let me know.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody seems clear on that trek to Portlaw bit yet. I've been told that shuttles run between Portlaw and site from 12 in morning till midnight Friday and Sunday and until 1.30 am on Saturday. What happens outside those times? Can you walk it? Can taxis, minibus etc travel to site entrance?

Chaka Chan finishes at midnight on the main stage, hopefully they'll run a little bit after that to give people a chance to see the entire gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

How strict do you think they will enforce the family rule of having an U12 with you for a Sunday day ticket? Based on other events run by pod.

Oooops ... for many of you it seems that the map for ATN in the Festable app is a map for B&S ... to fix this do the following:

From the home screen, swipe across to the Tools screen and click Reload Map. That will fix it.

I will hopefully get a better fix in the play store sometime later today.

Sorry for that,

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Oooops ... for many of you it seems that the map for ATN in the Festable app is a map for B&S ... to fix this do the following:

From the home screen, swipe across to the Tools screen and click Reload Map. That will fix it.

Sorry for that,

I was going to PM you to say the map never appeared and Now and Next has disappeared.

Don't worry about it at this late stage. The app still delivers the important stuff. :)

.... First post on boards for me. Yay.

Now.... Back to the packing....

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Sorry for that,

Im not sure what you're apologising for tbh :p You made a great app, that is perfectly usable and will allow me to see all the acts I want to see.

I feel like you put this together just for us, and I appreciate you! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

How strict do you think they will enforce the family rule of having an U12 with you for a Sunday day ticket? Based on other events run by pod.

This has been asked before and the consensus was they will be strict

I was going to PM you to say the map never appeared and Now and Next has disappeared.

Don't worry about it at this late stage. The app still delivers the important stuff. :)

.... First post on boards for me. Yay.

Now.... Back to the packing....

Really? - does the homescreen not look like this:

L2xxmw7.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Really? - does the homescreen not look like this:

L2xxmw7.png?1

It does for me

Advertisement