Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I travel the N25 to and from work everyday and there are signs for the turn offs. It just says "Blue Route", "Red Route" .. no mention of general camping, campervans, boutique camping... if you haven't looked on the website, you would have no idea which turn off to take.

Just drove down the n25 to cork, they have the big electric signs pushed to the side of the road now. Saw ‘general camping’ on the one near the blue route, so at least they’re saying what route goes where. Was thinking the exact same as you when I saw the first tiny signs that just said ‘orange route’ and nothing more! I have mates coming who haven’t a breeze!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Eventually managed to get a reply from ATN and they basically said the ticket was bought in good faith so they will honour the purchase. Also said it'll be done for all Sunday ticket holders too.

Eh? What's good faith about someone buying a ticket which requires you to bring kids when you have no intention of bringing kids? Makes a bit of a mockery of it really. It's either family only Sunday tickets or it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Pretty much all set, car almost packed and all the people/groups I’m interested in are locked into my iCal (and therefore will show on my Apple Watch...nerd alert!) This is also a good way to see clashes (when you turn the calendar to landscape)

Myself and my mates usually head to EP but not last year or this year as we are pretty much disgusted at the direction that they have gone in. But we are all excited about this! Usually I drive with one other and we are expected to set up the tent, gazebo etc... but this time we are all heading down at the same time (10ish) and those extra hands will definitely make light work of the set up!

Looking especially forward to Mos Def, Mogwai, FF, Underworld, First Aid Kit and The Black Madonna.

Hope everyone here has a great weekend and best of luck to the organisers and volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

For anyone Interested I got a very handy “festival trolley” in regatta great outdoors in north side shopping center for €16 reduced from €40

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Did people here have questions about purchasing ice, or was that on the FB page? Can't remember so will post here anyway:

https://screenshot.click/02-26-v164f-tvftb.jpg

In short, they sell ice in the camping shop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

showpony1 wrote: »
    For anyone Interested I got a very handy “festival trolley” in regatta great outdoors in north side shopping center for €16 reduced from €40

I just checked their website. The wheels look tiny. Probably not the best for rough ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

bennyob wrote: »
    I just checked their website. The wheels look tiny. Probably not the best for rough ground.
    Yeah, useless for anything other than concrete I'd say
    https://www.regatta.com/ie/festival-trolley-black-sgl-black/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Under 24 hours now and I'll be sitting outside my tent, cracking open a can while they are still cold, and relaxing until the main arena opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Eh? What's good faith about someone buying a ticket which requires you to bring kids when you have no intention of bringing kids? Makes a bit of a mockery of it really. It's either family only Sunday tickets or it's not.

I'd say not sold out so they don't want to put off those that have bought sunday tickets..
    However, for those worried about gas in their campers etc I would think that campervan tickets are bought in "good faith" with the reasonable assumption that the facilities within the camprvan could be used...
    If they go easy on the "kids with Sunday tickets" then they have to go easy on the gas cylinder issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

eplady2017 wrote: »

I'd say not sold out so they don't want to put off those that have bought sunday tickets..
    However, for those worried about gas in their campers etc I would think that campervan tickets are bought in "good faith" with the reasonable assumption that the facilities within the camprvan could be used...
    If they go easy on the "kids with Sunday tickets" then they have to go easy on the gas cylinder issue...
    Anyone know where they stand on gassy children?

Although standing on any children shouldn't be encouraged I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Tried to keep cans cool at my first few festivals but it's not worth the effort.
    I've now learned to love the taste of warm heineken.
    Nothing like the first can of a morning, still in my sleeping bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I'd say not sold out so they don't want to put off those that have bought sunday tickets....

Yeah I know it's just that people who bought Sunday tickets did so knowing you had to bring kids so it's hardly unfair on them. They know they're chancing their arms. I have friends who would have bought Sunday tickets had it not been for that requirement but didn't want to take the chance.

Anyway! None of that matters now because it's nearly upon us! Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tried to keep cans cool at my first few festivals but it's not worth the effort.
    I've now learned to love the taste of warm heineken.
    Nothing like the first can of a morning, still in my sleeping bag :D

Likewise, never arsed bringing in ice and coolers etc. Usually get through a good amount of cans on the Friday, less on the Saturday and a pathetic attempt when they warm on the Sunday.. Sunday is a day for spirits!

If I was in a campervan I would 100% chance my arm and bring it. I know gas cylinders aren't cheap tho, but at the same time, can ATN really expect all of the punters to keep an eye on their website / social media?

Im sure there'll be lots of people bringing gas because they just didn't know about this silly rule. Just maybe don't be the first one in the car park :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

What I've done is wrap my chilled cans in an emergency space blanket (2/3 euro), tape it up, and keep them in there for the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if the benefits are solely in my head, but I'm fairly sure it keeps them cool much longer!

Likewise, never arsed bringing in ice and coolers etc. Usually get through a good amount of cans on the Friday, less on the Saturday and a pathetic attempt when they warm on the Sunday.. Sunday is a day for spirits!

Same here, don't care about ice. The melt water is more hassle than it's worth to me. Leave your cans under your tent and they generally cool down again overnight. Same as yourself, spirits for the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I will be going in about 2 tomorrow. I will feedback here on the gas cylinder situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Still no correspondence from ATN via email, and they haven't tweeted in 2 days !!
    Busy, I guess..... but even so!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Dry ice for can cooling folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Lads and ladies, I know I'm probably asking a lot here but can someone update tomorrow eve on how packed campsites are?? Won't be down till about 11 sat morn and there's three tents hoping to be near each other!! Prob asking a lot cause if it was me id prob be either in the arena or lying in a ditch somewhere at that stage as opposed to being on this thread !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Is the app available on iphone? I can't find it in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Android only!

for the umpteenth time, Android only. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

for the umpteenth time, Android only. :)

There's too many pages to sift through. A man's gotta work:pac:

There's too many pages to sift through. A man's gotta work:pac:

same question was asked an hour ago :)

get back to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

bennyob wrote: »

it appears to be more for actually transporting camping gear rather than almost 100 cans but sure better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

Yeah, useless for anything other than concrete I'd say
    https://www.regatta.com/ie/festival-trolley-black-sgl-black/

The exact same one was available in Homestore in galway the other day. The wheels are a bit small and it's not perfect, but still better than the cheapest alternative that I could see in woodies / B&Q etc. A lovely sturdy yellow stainless steel one with lovely big grippy wheels is €50+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

showpony1 wrote: »
    it appears to be more for actually transporting camping gear rather than almost 100 cans but sure better than nothing.

Sure, as long as it gets you in, if it falls apart then, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

A few of our groups are coming down separately, any one any idea of the mobile phone signal down here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Mobile signal is fantastic. 4G everywhere

Advertisement