Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

IT'S CHRISTMAS IT'S CHRISTMAS!! SANTA CAME AND DELIVERED US A NEW FESTIVAL, WAKE UP, COME ON, LET'S EXPLORE!!!

See you there everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Enjoy everyone...super jealous...looking forward to everyone’s review next wk and see ye all there next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

About the beer @ wristband situation. I assume we can bring all the beer, and a few tents. Set up camp, and head back to car for the rest of the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TaysteePort

Hi all, will try to answer a lot of questions, as I Like To only Say something once, I’m not in a habit of Repeating myself.
    Weather is going to be nice and dry, woke this morning and looked down upon the festival site, and everything is going to be fabulous, so no need for wets or wellies.
    Walked the Ground last Friday, and Conditions will be very hard underfoot on General Campsite which is slightly Hilly.
    Family Campsite Is more Forgiving on the joints, but will be close by to King John’s Bridge, The oldest Bridge in Ireland I add and also the oldest Oak Forest Plantation and Irelands Tallest Scots Pine Tree and The Lake to the Front of the campsite so make sure you have plenty Insect Repellent because the Midgets could kill ya.
    Last Shuttle Bus leaves 30 minutes after the last act on MAIN STAGE each night, So that is 12.30am On Friday Night/Saturday morning, I do Believe.
    Shuttle Bus will take you to drop off point on Factory Road in my Lovely Village of Portlaw(I Luv’s me Village Boi).
    Your Taxi will have to wait here, as no walking access or car access beyond this point.
    There is no Walking Access from Main Arena To Portlaw, Only The shuttle bus service which runs every 30 minutes.
    The Person Staying in General Camping won’t be able to walk from The Tangerine fields, family camping Area at all so I suggest getting rid of this person in Portlaw Village for the Shuttle Drop off and Then Make your way by car to Entrance 2 and arrange to meet at the Shell House 3 hours later(Shell House is located on the magnificent walk up from the Front lawns to the ATN Main Arena).
    Walk distance from your Car Park To the Campsites is very small, max 200 metres but uphill and over cobblestones similar to The Paris-Roubaix Cycle race, so take it easy with the hand carts, as you don’t want to lose your load.
    Mobile Phone signal in Curraghmore has been enhanced 100% with the erection of the top three suppliers portable mast’s as it is normally zero coverage.
    Follow the set out Coloured routes as The Roads will be man with over 60 Gárda and 6 motorbike guards and they will be directing you to your location via the ticket you have so Shortcuts might not work if you are local to the area. I live 200 meters from the site entrance but will gladly make a 16km car trek to Kelly’s Gates to join with all the rest heading to ATN.
    I believe if You want to leave the Site by car from the car park areas at any time you can do so, if you have to go to work or babysitting duty or shower or shave.
    If you want to visit lovely Portlaw to avail of A Glorious Breakfast In Tommy Fogarty’s Shop or Harley Bistro you will have to use your car also, as there is no walking access to the village via the First Gates and The Avenue as we call them locally as these are for emergency access and Guest Truck access.
    Centra is in the centre of the village for anyone needing more beer or spirits but remember the one to many and always drink sensibly and never drink or drive.
    Main Thing Is Have a brilliant Weekend, stay cool, Soaking in the Atmosphere of a magical Venue and discover something new each day.
    Also Come Back and Visit Portlaw after the event as All Together Now Is Going To Grow and become the festival of Choice.
    See you all there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

So excited. Can't wait for work to finish already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Re the shuttle buses going from the site to Portlaw, This info was given out last night on a Waterford website..... some good info on it.
    http://www.waterfordinyourpocket.com/iimportant-information-for-all-together-now/

So it's saying its going from midnight till 0430.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Fcuking looks amazing !!!!

Weather is warm/humid, good bit of grey cloud (but not the 'rainy type) :)

Cant wait !!!! :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Manky enough in Dublin this morning. Hopefully Waterford will be better! ☺️

Grey skies, humid but dry around Waterford. Have a great weekend everyone. I'll check in here later on today, hopefully I'll be able to answer any last minute questions about entry, campsites blah blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Raining in Dublin hopefully stays up here 😉 really looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement

Its fine down here.

16deg, bit of fluffy grey and white clouds, a bit of a wee breeze, blue sky poking out.

Shur tis a grand day .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Garda doing speed checks between exit 6 and 7 on m9. Stay safe folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Leaving West Cork in about an hour. With a stop off for lunch/last minute supplies, hoping to make it to the festival site by 3pm. Everything looks brilliant and just can’t wait to be sitting at the tent with that all important first can!

All updates from the early arrivals/locals are much appreciated!!

2 hours exactly from swords to car park. Phone reception is perfect and sun is out. It's roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

ryaner777 wrote: »
    2 hours exactly from swords to car park. Phone reception is perfect and sun is out. It's roasting.

Legend, any hassle getting in? Traffic flowing freely? No sign of sniffer dogs?

Legend, any hassle getting in? Traffic flowing freely? No sign of sniffer dogs?

Apparently @townlands they had armed guards. They were also stopping some coaches on the way down and letting dogs go through the camping gear. Seemed fairly heavy handed.

I am allergic to dogs and guards so hope there's no sign.

Security are passing up the list of prohibited items through the queue. No traffic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Security are passing up the list of prohibited items through the queue. No traffic at all.

What are they like with the drink sitch?? I'm not a beer drinker and I have a mix of wine, whiskey and those little premixed cans. Have it buried the bottom of my granny shopping trolley so its a bit of an ordeal for them to pull it apart

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HOBSBAWM

I don't get in to Waterford city until 7ish tonight. What is the best way for me to get to the festival? Am I relying on a taxi?

gaffolino wrote: »
    What are they like with the drink sitch?? I'm not a beer drinker and I have a mix of wine, whiskey and those little premixed cans. Have it buried the bottom of my granny shopping trolley so its a bit of an ordeal for them to pull it apart

Still in the queue but everyone seems to be doing the same thing with bottles of vodka and wine in plastic bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Still in the queue but everyone seems to be doing the same thing with bottles of vodka and wine in plastic bottles

Be interested to see how strict they are on limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Anyone in a camper anything to report?

Security were excellent, quick look into the top of the bags and straight in. Joked about the amount of drink.

Lots of flies here. Bring insect repellent if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Any sniffer dogs or rigorous pant downs, asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Through security- only a quick pat down of the bags, nothing major!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

HOBSBAWM wrote: »
    I don't get in to Waterford city until 7ish tonight. What is the best way for me to get to the festival? Am I relying on a taxi?

Check out the Bus Eireann shuttle from the Quay to the festival site. It goes every 45 mins or so. €7.50 one way.

Okay friends, I'm in, same set up as EP, security chilled (no glass, no weapons), didn't see any mega searching going on, same as EP really, no mention of plastic on the way in so, for anyone worrying, I'm guessing it's just for into the main arena, absolutely ROASTING here, lots of insects. Traffic seems okay at the moment but I can see the roads getting very backed up. My advice would be to follow the route assigned to where you're camping because there's lots of roads closed

erica74 wrote: »
    Okay friends, I'm in, same set up as EP, security chilled (no glass, no weapons), didn't see any mega searching going on, same as EP really, no mention of plastic on the way in so, for anyone worrying, I'm guessing it's just for into the main arena, absolutely ROASTING here, lots of insects. Traffic seems okay at the moment but I can see the roads getting very backed up. My advice would be to follow the route assigned to where you're camping because there's lots of roads closed

Good stuff..

You came in the Red route?
    Did you notice if the wee roads/lanes on your left hand side were closed off?

(up near the Red entrance that is)

• Advertisement

Much space in the campsites? Are they big?

Advertisement