Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Seems to have been some massive mixup between family campervans and general campervans, general campervans was completely full up, friends of ours told they'd have to leave their van in the carpark. Then mistake realised and loads of vans let through from general into family. Has been really stressful atmosphere with people trying to cram into the last few spots! Onwards and upwards!

****. We are coming down in the morning to general camper site. Are the saying it's full??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Managed to get tent put up as last spaces were gone. So far loving this fest. Amazing and nice stages.

Have only seems main stage and 2nd stage tent so far (some kind of wonderful) and great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The two biggest stages are on slopes but it's working well.
    Seen booka brass, ghost poet and enjoying the go team now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Seems mad the earliest bus tomorrow is 12:30 and next one isn't until 2.30. Gonna be tight arriving on the train from Dublin at 12:20..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Are we the only idiots that brought a gazebo and got it confiscated? I didn’t see that it was banned in the website and there was no b1tching about it here.

Did I miss it on the website?

Loving the vibe though 100%

• Advertisement

Managed to get tent put up as last spaces were gone. So far loving this fest. Amazing and nice stages.

Have only seems main stage and 2nd stage tent so far (some kind of wonderful) and great.

Last space? Coming down tomorrow.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Eod100 wrote: »

I know. They are saying same about Campervan field.. WTF?

Goldigga wrote: »
    I know. They are saying same about Campervan field.. WTF?

Never arrived late at a festival tbh so maybe was a bit naive thinking there would be capacity for everyone.. Guess it's always gonna be a guestimate from organisers trying to guage amount and size of tents. Getting a bit nervous now tbh. Is it literally tough **** if you get there and it's full?!

Any recommendations for Saturday? Didn't get down tonight in the end but there's nearly more I would have seen tonight than tomorrow..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's fairly full, but also plenty g places where small groups have monopolised an absolute massive amount of space.

VIP campsite is big and basically empty. They may have to open it up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Any recommendations for Saturday? Didn't get down tonight in the end but there's nearly more I would have seen tonight than tomorrow..

Books shade, Roisin Murphy are always brilliant live.

West Cork Ukulele Orchestra are very good.

Also, Karl from Underworld is walking around the place at the moment it seems. Either that or he has an identical twin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

It’s dark now so can’t comment. Hopefully they have more space to open up??? But as of now tight squeeze

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Can you use e-tickets here folks or do you need to print? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Very little searching going on, I've been in and out to our van a few times getting bits and bobs, not been searched, was bringing in one 1.5 litre bottle of booze one of the times and no bother.

The place is absolutely full of children so it may not be for everyone.

The festival itself is very very chilled out, less people, less noise, less queues for everything, the lineup is alright but the feel of the festival is making up for it, very chilled, lots of cool art installations, the location is absolutely perfect, the whole estate is beautiful, I can't say enough about the location, it's really beautiful.

The campervan site looks jammers, family camping looks jammers, there's people arriving into the red entrance and need to get to the general campsite so they're trekking through the whole main arena with tents etc, messy.

In all fairness to the organisers, everything seems to be going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Lads hoping to be there for 11am. Getting worried about space for tents. Have a four man for three of us. Is it that bad??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Very envious of people at this. Some of my favourite acts in the lineup.

Would love to be seeing Maribou State, David August, Nils Frahm, Mogwai and many others.

Enjoy, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Are there people selling tickets down there? Still haven't sourced one but tempted to head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Are there people selling tickets down there? Still haven't sourced one but tempted to head down.
    Tickets still on sale.mate only booked one while waiting on the Jackson's last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

I don't understand how any of the camping areas can be overbooked if people had to pre-book tickets? How can that happen? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

minibear wrote: »
    I don't understand how any of the camping areas can be overbooked if people had to pre-book tickets? How can that happen? :confused:

I'd say people are being generous with space they're affording themselves, more than it being over-booked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Showers not working in boutique camping area.
    Had to have a hoors bath over the water taps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I've turned up late to body and soul a few times and they'd opened up another field. Surely they'll do the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I've turned up late to body and soul a few times and they'd opened up another field. Surely they'll do the same here

No they won’t. Not on this occasion

s8n wrote: »
    No they won’t. Not on this occasion

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Why not?

Won’t be happening.

s8n wrote: »
    Won’t be happening.

Grand but why? No capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Family camping is a joke too....
    Tents all over the place, right up on top of each other,
    'Security' lads yesterday evening ,while nice, weren't much use, and seemed to have left people just put their 6 or 8 man tents wherever they wanted to without any organisation..

Amazing set up tho, great vibe.....

I recommend the "Bear Grillz" burgers !!!!!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

No way there's only 10,000 people at this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Boooourns wrote: »
    No way there's only 10,000 people at this!
    Is the capacity not 15000 this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Peter File wrote: »
    Is the capacity not 15000 this year?

I heard 10,000, 15,000 would explain it so!
    Weepsie wrote: »
    It's fairly full, but also plenty g places where small groups have monopolised an absolute massive amount of space.

VIP campsite is big and basically empty. They may have to open it up

Where is the VIP campsite, i got my hands on guestlist wristbands so i take it i can go there. None of the organisers could actually tell us where to camp so we ended up in the general one.

Advertisement