Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Have to say so far I’m very impressed place is run very well. Crowd is fab is such a relaxed vibe. Perfect festival for takin kids to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Roisín fantastic. She's a great bit of stuff.

She should've been on the later slot. Mura Masa was soso compared to her.

Booka Shade were great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Pretty gutted I didn't end up going to this. My Mother is there and it sounds great. Hopefully will be on again next year with another super lineup!

10 year agreement signed with curraghmore estate so i’d Imagine it’ll only get even better from here. Gutted to miss it myself, proper fomo all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Gavlor wrote: »
    10 year agreement signed with curraghmore estate so i’d Imagine it’ll only get even better from here. Gutted to miss it myself, proper fomo all weekend

That's great. Haha I was only thinking yesterday I've never used "fomo" since I found out what it stood for, this is the perfect situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Maribou state probably the highlight so far, they were unreal.

This heat today is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lia_lia wrote: »
    That's great. Haha I was only thinking yesterday I've never used "fomo" since I found out what it stood for, this is the perfect situation!

I’m way too old to use it but it fits the bill here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jimmy Cliff is delayed, not on the main stage anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I really enjoyed Roisin Murphy, one of the best gigs I've been at. I didn't know what to expect but really enjoyed it. She has a great voice and put on a great show.

I really enjoyed the festival overall, delighted to hear they've signed a long lease. I can see the lineup getting better and the festival will definitely be very successful if they stick with this format.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Jimmy Cliff is delayed, not on the main stage anymore

Which stage has he been moved to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Amazing weekend. Positive vibes all round, Mogwai, underworld, Black Madonna and the One Love tent were the highlights. Staff were so friendly and seemed well informed. Festival of choice for me now.

One question: was there any rave or anything happening after 3:30 anywhere on the site? We couldn’t find anywhere and went back to the but the campsite was very quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Closest thing to late night rave appears to be Arcadia any other late night suggestions.

For any of the “older” crowd from the EP thread reading this - this is the festival you are after

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

People saying Jimmy Cliff is cancelled now? If not where is he on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Roisín fantastic. She's a great bit of stuff.

Yip, also love her. Gutted I couldn't go to this one :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Jimmy is on his way

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

showpony1 wrote: »
    Closest thing to late night rave appears to be Arcadia any other late night suggestions.

For any of the “older” crowd from the EP thread reading this - this is the festival you are after

Fully agree. Gang of us was like this was exactly what EP used to be like before the oxygen peps turned up and ruined it.

Vibe was amaaazing

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Not there this weekend - had hols booked at the same time.

Can you (or others?) compare the event to Body and Soul? Their own festival not the area at the Picnic. Particularly interested in comparisons from any parents who’ve brought their kids to ATN this weekend and have been to Body and Soul with their kids before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not there this weekend - had hols booked at the same time.

Can you (or others?) compare the event to Body and Soul? Their own festival not the area at the Picnic. Particularly interested in comparisons from any parents who’ve brought their kids to ATN this weekend and have been to Body and Soul with their kids before
    Never at Body and Soul but here with parents who have. No comparison they reckon. This wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Following this thread, and like what is being said.

Have thought about bringing kids to EP, but just think it's not suitable (not sure if any festivals are) but from what I'm reading, ATN seems to be ok.

Any idea if next year's tickets will go on sale this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah Fufanu lads. Gig of the weekend for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

LowOdour wrote: »
    Following this thread, and like what is being said.

Have thought about bringing kids to EP, but just think it's not suitable (not sure if any festivals are) but from what I'm reading, ATN seems to be ok.

Any idea if next year's tickets will go on sale this week?

EP and Body & Soul would both be perfectly suitable during the daylight hours. There was so many kids at B&S this year.

Anyone see Nils Frahm or David August???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

MadYaker wrote: »
    EP and Body & Soul would both be perfectly suitable during the daylight hours. There was so many kids at B&S this year.

Anyone see Nils Frahm or David August???

Frahm is on later. 11.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

I’ll never, ever understand bringing kids to a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Anyone hear about the go team being special guests tonight? Some girl neighbor told me this but she may have been out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I’ll never, ever understand bringing kids to a festival.

Home now from ATN, and had an absolutely cracking festival, but the kids thing was pretty mad at times. Whatever about the children knocking around in the afternoon, I saw buggies outside the something kind of wonderful stage as I was leaving mogwai post-midnight on the Friday. Also saw people dragging a trolley with sleeping kids in it in the main arena last night at about 11.30pm. There was even really young babies (month or two) about the place, which is just mental!

I know this festival is in part marketed at families, but I think a ruling on the times kids are allowed inside the main arena would be prudent. Kids and drunken/mad out of it adults is a mix that should never happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Home now from ATN, and had an absolutely cracking festival, but the kids thing was pretty mad at times. Whatever about the children knocking around in the afternoon, I saw buggies outside the something kind of wonderful stage as I was leaving mogwai post-midnight on the Friday. Also saw people dragging a trolley with sleeping kids in it in the main arena last night at about 11.30pm. There was even really young babies (month or two) about the place, which is just mental!

I know this festival is in part marketed at families, but I think a ruling on the times kids are allowed inside the main arena would be prudent. Kids and drunken/mad out of it adults is a mix that should never happen!

Total lack of ear protection for kids. Are parents oblivious. There were good parents though, but many more bad ones.

Funny cause there was a tusla stand there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's the transport situation like out of Portlaw afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very nice to read the positive comments about the festival and hopefully it's the start of something for the venue and we might get some big stand alone shows in the future too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Anyone hear about the go team being special guests tonight? Some girl neighbor told me this but she may have been out of it

She was out of it, they're gone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Great festival. Definitely felt like the early days of Electric Picnic.

(I was one of the bad parents - brought ear defenders but my toddler was having none of it. Will work on him for next year.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

tiredcity wrote: »
    Great festival. Definitely felt like the early days of Electric Picnic.

(I was one of the bad parents - brought ear defenders but my toddler was having none of it. Will work on him for next year.)

At least you tried friend.

Fleet foxes were magical. Caught tommy tiernan for the first time, Saul Williams to start my day and Prince would have been proud of New power generation.

Well curated and thought out festival. Although I didn’t go to see nils frahm as I thought his delicate piano play would have been drowned out by the Ava stage and the Samsung home stage.

Will come back..

Advertisement