Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

AfterLife wrote: »
    I went to Body and Soul the year Nick Cave played and ate nothing but acid. The food options at All Together Now were far better.

They should put that on the poster.

'Far better food options than a load of acid'

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Yeah that burrito place was very disappointing, there is a nice burrito stand that was at Body & Soul and Castlepalooza last year can't remember what it was called. Other than that most of the food I had was nice enough - Breakfast Blaa, Grilled Cheese by the bandstand, Poutine in the main arena and a corn dog. Body & Soul has yet to be trumped for food IMO though! Was hoping the cheesy bread stall would make an appearance at ATN.

That burrito place was rotten . Ordered on the sat night. No chicken just some really nasty salsa. Ended up in la poutine as everything else had just about ran out of food. La Poutine not much better. Cost me nearly 20 to eat some manky food. Shout out to Burger Republicc though. There Cashel Blue burger was amazing. Hoping their at the picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

gaffolino wrote: »
    That burrito place was rotten . Ordered on the sat night. No chicken just some really nasty salsa. Ended up in la poutine as everything else had just about ran out of food. La Poutine not much better. Cost me nearly 20 to eat some manky food. Shout out to Burger Republicc though. There Cashel Blue burger was amazing. Hoping their at the picnic

The poutine wasn't very good. Ice cold cheese curd mixed with lukewarm gravy isn't what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Anyone see Thundercat........??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

evani1976 wrote: »
    Anyone see Thundercat........??

He was incredible, and his amazing drummer too. One of my many highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

gaffolino wrote: »

Huge plus one on Burger Republic - my other half had a burger from the grill in the campsite the day before and you may as well be eating napkins... it was awful. I chanced Burger Republic on the Saturday and it was pure heaven! Juicy burger, perfectly cooked, nice onions and pepper sauce on it and served with a smile and a terribly cringy dad joke haha. Sound lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

He was incredible, and his amazing drummer too. One of my many highlights.

Ah yeah loved his last album, one regret of the weekend I missed him. A star in the making I think. Only got over to Some Kind of Wonderful just as Nils Frahm kicked off Says. Definition of good timing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Getting anything from the Charcoal Grill at any event is pretty much a rookie move.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Getting anything from the Charcoal Grill at any event is pretty much a rookie move.

Oh don't I know it, but sure he doesn't listen to me like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone else's knees still in bits from all the slopes?! Getting old..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Eod100 wrote: »

My legs are still cursing me.

I wouldn't want to be doing that in the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

My legs are still cursing me.

I wouldn't want to be doing that in the rain!

Noticed all the flat ground on the way out. Haha we were in the overflow campsite which was all nettley and full of cow ****e. Yeah don't think main stage would have been fun if there was heavy rain..!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Don't think I would go in the rain to be honest. Its all too hilly.

How could they possibly manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

D.Q wrote: »
    Don't think I would go in the rain to be honest. Its all too hilly.

How could they possibly manage it.

I know!
    The bit that would really concern me, having seen people have difficulty in the dry, would be the slope just at the archway of pots and pans and windchimes... that fair steep. I can't imagine it if it was wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Eod100 wrote: »

Calfs and thighs with me......

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

I know!
    The bit that would really concern me, having seen people have difficulty in the dry, would be the slope just at the archway of pots and pans and windchimes... that fair steep. I can't imagine it if it was wet.

That would be a sight alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

I know!

Hopefully as it is on one of the main walkways, they would have been able to keep putting stone or chips on it. A few years at body and soul, some of the steeper walkways through the campsite have been extremely slippy and not had anything put down on them either

a lot of the toilets/stages at the bottom of hills too. I think EP would manage rain far better, ground generally holds up ok except for certain wooded areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I am no expert, but considering that the estate is several hundred years old, there is a chance that drainage may be well established. Fears of mudbaths might not be warranted.

I am no expert, but considering that the estate is several hundred years old, there is a chance that drainage may be well established. Fears of mudbaths might not be warranted.
    Yeah good point man. Suppose there's only one way to find out. Would be very nice if we never had to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

D.Q wrote: »
    a lot of the toilets/stages at the bottom of hills too. I think EP would manage rain far better, ground generally holds up ok except for certain wooded areas.

Were you there in 2009? It was awful. It's the only one I went to of (9 or 10) that had significant rain (2010 it lashed late on the Sunday).

That said, still not as bad as Oxegen 07 and it only took a an hour of rain to decimate Glastonbury one of the years I was there, though it dried out quickly after.

Either way, rain over the weekend probably wouldn't be too bad. It's if there is significant rain in the days, or weeks before. The ground can take it over a few days. The issue with 09 and 07 was the endless rain in the build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I also thought the food was a bit shite, if you weren't a pizza/pasta/potato/burger eater, there wasn't very many other options.
    I know many will think I'm a complete psychopath but I'd absolutely love to be able to get more healthy options at a festival, a big fuck off salad or even somewhere doing nice veggies would be great. I know junk food is great and all but after a feed of drugs, I need some vegetables to replenish my lifeless body.

I am expecting many changes next year, the "model" being perfected. I just really really hope that the capacity doesn't jump up by 10,000 every year, until it turns to shite like EP and we're looking for something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

erica74 wrote: »
    I also thought the food was a bit shite, if you weren't a pizza/pasta/potato/burger eater, there wasn't very many other options.
    I know many will think I'm a complete psychopath but I'd absolutely love to be able to get more healthy options at a festival, a big fuck off salad or even somewhere doing nice veggies would be great. I know junk food is great and all but after a feed of drugs, I need some vegetables to replenish my lifeless body.

Lads, where were the falafels? I didn't find one at all. This constitutes an emergency for a vegetarian!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

BananaR wrote: »
    Lads, where were the falafels? I didn't find one at all. This constitutes an emergency for a vegetarian!

Was there supposed to be falafels? I definitely didn't see any.

I know junk food is great and all but after a feed of drugs, I need some vegetables to replenish my lifeless body.

It's not the organisers responsibility to make sure you can recover from whatever it is you took the night before.

The nature of these things too, is there are fees likely set so it may be that healthier options didn't apply, or deemed it too expensive to be worth their while.

Was there supposed to be falafels? I definitely didn't see any.

No but I consider it a serious gap in services by not providing any! Very unusually I didn't see any falafel stall...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

I thought there were plenty of food options! In the main arena there was lot of fast foody places but up by Theatre of food near the house there were loads of places there and fancier options too lobster and everything! Very impressed with the food and totally overindulged :P

I thought there were plenty of food options! In the main arena there was lot of fast foody places but up by Theatre of food near the house there were loads of places there and fancier options too lobster and everything! Very impressed with the food and totally overindulged :P

Yes and there was a sit down type place there too nearest the lake which had a load of healthy, vegetarian options.

Weepsie wrote: »
    The nature of these things too, is there are fees likely set so it may be that healthier options didn't apply, or deemed it too expensive to be worth their while.

This Def didn't apply at Body & Soul. Much wider range of healthier food options available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yes and there was a sit down type place there too nearest the lake which had a load of healthy, vegetarian options.

We did look at the menu and thought we should get something healthy but opted for Blaa's instead :)

Advertisement